Our fans can't handle prosperity.

Jamie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

There are an awful lot of people, especially new posters, talking smack and flying off the handle every time someone takes any kind of half-hearted swipe at USF football. What exactly gives us the right to act like that? Winning two football games? Getting ranked?

We haven't won anything yet! There are still two months and eight games left in the season!

We're acting like the guy who suddenly comes into a lot of money and immediately turns into an a-hole. People running off to message boards of teams we may never play again, taunting them for losing games we don't care about. People finding student newspaper articles from 2500 miles away that may not have all their facts straight, losing their minds over it.

It's funny how everyone got so up in arms over West Virginia calling themselves the Yankees last week. Well, guess what - we're acting like Yankees fans right now and it's changing the way people think about our program. Right now we're winning with such a lack of class that I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking whatever they wanted about us. We need to get over ourselves, because this level of media attention and scrutiny goes on with every big-time college football program, and it's going to be around as long as USF is where they are.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,113

Ah gee the last time I looked that Bulls Pen was for us fans to sound off and sometimes just let off steam so why not!????

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Ah gee the last time I looked that Bulls Pen was for us fans to sound off and sometimes just let off steam so why not!????

I would agree, "why not"? But I also think our program might have outgrown a few of its fans.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,809
  • Days Won:  213

I can relate to what he is saying and I don't think ALL our fans are going off the deep end. But some of the new blood-- well those guys are wound just a bit tight when it comes to being excited.

Love the spirit-- can do without the chest thumping. I know we've never been here before BUT we could make an effort to act like we know what it means to be having a successful season so far.

And believe me-- it will not get any easier. I can only hope we run the table becuase some of these newer fans will go apeshart the day USF loses another football game. That will be an ugly day-- and don't fool yourself, it can happen sooner than you think.

but by all means-- GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  349

The scene from Remember The Titans comes to mind. It's the team meeting after they've won a few games. Found the lines from the script... edited it a little bit to fit us a little better... ;)

Coach Leavitt brought us this far, y'all, but he ain't going to be there for us forever, man. So what? We won a few games. And y'all fools think that's something? Man, that ain't nothing, y'all. And you know what else? We ain't nothing, either. Yeah, we came together in camp. Cool. But then we're right back here, and the world tells us that we don't belong (in the top 25). We fall apart like we ain't a **** bit of nothing, man. And y'all think we done won something? Man, we ain't won nothing, y'all-- Nothing.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

There are an awful lot of people, especially new posters, talking smack and flying off the handle every time someone takes any kind of half-hearted swipe at USF football. What exactly gives us the right to act like that? Winning two football games? Getting ranked?

We haven't won anything yet! There are still two months and eight games left in the season!

We're acting like the guy who suddenly comes into a lot of money and immediately turns into an a-hole. People running off to message boards of teams we may never play again, taunting them for losing games we don't care about. People finding student newspaper articles from 2500 miles away that may not have all their facts straight, losing their minds over it.

It's funny how everyone got so up in arms over West Virginia calling themselves the Yankees last week. Well, guess what - we're acting like Yankees fans right now and it's changing the way people think about our program. Right now we're winning with such a lack of class that I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking whatever they wanted about us. We need to get over ourselves, because this level of media attention and scrutiny goes on with every big-time college football program, and it's going to be around as long as USF is where they are.

I have been a Bulls Fan since Day one of this program in 1997, and have over 1000 posts on this board and I still correct mistakes by people and newspapers from 2500 miles away that are wrong.  Every little bit helps.

• Content Count:  382

we're acting like Yankees fans right now

Actually, Yankee fans are some of the most knowledgeable fans in all of sports so I'm not sure that comparison works here.

• Content Count:  1,911

we're acting like Yankees fans right now

Actually, Yankee fans are some of the most knowledgeable fans in all of sports so I'm not sure that comparison works here.

Agreed and Im a Met fan.

In my opinion this is a small team, small minded post.  People come from all spectrums of life when it comes to rooting for their teams.  Some people are arrogant, some people dont accept losing, some people are knowledgeable, some are all.  We should be happy we now have more and more fans where we will have all different types of fans...good ones and d**kheads, because in 1997 until now I remember sitting in the Sombrero and Ray Jay with not too many people around me.

Name one team in college or the pros that dont have some arrogant fans.  Who cares and who are you to judge them? You do you and let them do them.  You cant change the world with a post. 

• Content Count:  5,903

TOUGH! Yeah, we won TWO games and we ARE ranked. That gives us some bragging rights. There's nothing wrong with that. People are proud of their team and the fact that we are in the national spotlight. There is nothing wrong with that. We'll lose a game... we'll fall in the rankings... and it'll knock the chip off our shoulder.

I don't care if people are "new blood" or not. I read WV's boards and all they could do was insult bandwagon fans and call each other names. I don't care if you're a freshman and are just becoming a fan or if you've been a fan for 11 years. Our fan base is growing and everything is new to us. Don't put up some lame post like this calling people out.

• Content Count:  2,527

It does not really matter.

All that matters is:

• The guys coaching the team
  • The guys playing the game

All the fan chest thumping and fans lecturing other fans means nothing.  Fans do not play the game.  Fans do not coach the team.

If someone is annoying, I just ignore them.  I have more important things to worry about in life, like getting psyched up to watch the next game.

Archived