Why do we need a golf course?!?!

BULLSHTR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

Ray Jay was unbelievable on Friday night, I wouldn't have dreamed of trading that for a 45k stadium on campus.

We need to stay there for a while longer, consistently sell out, so when we do build something, we have the money for it, and we can justify making it big enough.

When we get a stadium (10 years or so), I don't think that anyone affiliated with USF football will regret it...EVER. Opponents will regret the fact that they have to come into Leavitt Stadium and try to not leave in multiple pieces, but the we will be proud of whatever we build.

You think that few of the seats???? I would imagine somewhere in the 70,000+ area in order to host bowl games. We are in the best place to host a national championship game and it would be nice. We know we can fill 65,000+ now.... just wait another 10 years and you'll see the same demand.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

Ray Jay was unbelievable on Friday night, I wouldn't have dreamed of trading that for a 45k stadium on campus.

We need to stay there for a while longer, consistently sell out, so when we do build something, we have the money for it, and we can justify making it big enough.

When we get a stadium (10 years or so), I don't think that anyone affiliated with USF football will regret it...EVER. Opponents will regret the fact that they have to come into Leavitt Stadium and try to not leave in multiple pieces, but the we will be proud of whatever we build.

You think that few of the seats???? I would imagine somewhere in the 70,000+ area in order to host bowl games. We are in the best place to host a national championship game and it would be nice. We know we can fill 65,000+ now.... just wait another 10 years and you'll see the same demand.

Sorry, sounded better in my head. What I was getting at was that when we build something, I want it to be big. If we do it too early though, we won't be able to justify more than 45k or so. I would rather wait until Ray Jay just isn't big enough to fit all of the fans that are coming to the game. Sorry for the confusions, my thoughts didn't flow well.

• Content Count:  1,853

It was meant to be joke...

My bad couldn't read the sarcasm..  :'(

• Content Count:  1,853

usf doesnt need a stadium for another 10-15 years

people i spoke with thought ray jay scene was out of world

It was, but the seats are red. and thats just the beginning of the issues. I'm sure everyone has read the article on how much money TSA and Bucs make off of USF games. I heard somewhere when we started playing at Tampa Stadium in the beginning, it was rent free.

An on-campus stadium changes the campus completely. It's always good for the university.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,982
  • Days Won:  436

It was, but the seats are red. and thats just the beginning of the issues. I'm sure everyone has read the article on how much money TSA and Bucs make off of USF games. I heard somewhere when we started playing at Tampa Stadium in the beginning, it was rent free.

I heard that when we first started, the TSA was actually paying us to play there .......

An on-campus stadium changes the campus completely. It's always good for the university.

Pittsburgh didn't seem to buy in to this philosophy...

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Pitt Stadium was rat infested and borderlined condemned. The Pitt alumni and students didn't want the stadium torn down. The Steelers, however, needed the college to help get funding for their new football stadium. They offered Pitt a great deal, including lots of revenues and usage rights.

That being said ask most Pitt fans, they'd trade Heinz for a 40-50k stadium on campus...no room now

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,982
  • Days Won:  436

Pitt Stadium was rat infested and borderlined condemned. The Pitt alumni and students didn't want the stadium torn down. The Steelers, however, needed the college to help get funding for their new football stadium. [glow=yellow,2,300]They offered Pitt a great deal, including lots of revenues and usage rights.[/glow]

So, the university's philosophy was that it was better to play off campus than on campus.... just like I said.  :P

• Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

I sit on the Campus Development Committee under the USF Board of Trustees.  The dotted line in the sun dome parking lot IS a place holder for an OCS per many conversations with Factilities Planning and Zoning.  That does NOT mean that it will end up being an OCS.  I bet you it won't.  The 2005 Campus Master Plan adopted by the UBOT also requires the university to:

Policy 8.2.3 : The University shall explore the physical, operational, and fiscal

feasibility of pursuing development of a new stadium on campus. A new campus

stadium would enhance the USF experience for students and the community at large,

and serve a variety of uses and activities. It could also become a gathering place for

all-campus events.

I posted this a year ago... anyway... just wait a little while.  ;)

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/FacilitiesPlan/Campus%20Planning/2005DraftPDFs/2005TpaMP/October%202006%20GOP%20master%20plan(newest%20version)/Draft%20Goals,%20Obejectives%20&%20policies(Dec%207,%202006)/ELEM_8-USFTAMP%20Final-120706.pdf

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No it came down to dollars...it was cheaper to spend $40 Million on a new basketball arena than for a new football stadium.

Unlike our pro stadium, they get concessions, parking, some advertising...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,380
  • Days Won:  491

We all know the seats are red...but you couldn't tell last Friday...

Archived