WOW, I am glad we aren't in C-Usa anymore

Matt

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

The difference being that Rice and Southern Piss haven't beaten ANYONE, and have looked especially crappy in losing. USF and WVU on the other hand have some decent wins and have looked pretty good along the way.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

WVU on the other hand have some decent wins and have looked pretty good along the way.

3 of WVU wins were against CUSA (the other was against Maryland).

• Content Count:  3,674
  • Days Won:  4

I would agree I am glad we aren't in that conference anymore but I say don't forget where you come from. I remember when USM fans mocked us when we talked about coming into CUSA and then BCS schools mocked us when we had to play Thursday nights against some nobody. We were just happy to have the national exposure. I say they should take whatever they can get.

On a totally different take, I never see Rice play so I don't know when they changed the uniforms. But the new helmet looks way classier than the old blue and white Philadelphia Eagles helmet. Compared to Rice's unis those USM uniforms looked downright awful. (I'm sure Shoop could do a much better uniform analysis than me but that's my 2 cents  ;D)

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Comeback.  I'd rather USM win the C-USA division than UCF.

Honestly, I would rather see UCF win than USM.  One team I just can't stand is USM. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Pshh... you're just afraid of the grainly power that is Rice!  Just ask any USM fan, they'd let you know they're a better football program...  ;D

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Are you guys serious?  You realize that everything y'all are saying about CUSA people could easily say about our game last week.  What were there, 8 turnovers in the first half?  And do we have to resort to playing on Friday just to get some airtime?

Yeah, Rice and USM - especially USM - looked pretty bad, but an impartial viewer may have thought the same about our game.  I've had more than one person say to me that "neither USF or WVU played like at top 20 team in that game".  I can't look at it quite that impartially, but when you have 8 turnovers in the first half, it can't look good.

No impartial viewer would have thought that about our game against WVU.  I agree somewhat on your Friday Night sentiment but having watched the game a few times now including the first half this morning....The beauty of those 8 turnovers nearly everyone were due to efforts on just great plays.  You watched the Rice/USM and it was rather sloppy, excessively so.  Take the first half, Slaton's fumble was a bone jarring four point stick behind the line by McKenzie on him, the nate allen scoop up was a nasty helmet to ball shot by Murphy that shot the ball in the air, Moffitt's INT came because Buie nearly blew-up White on a QBH....

I watched every WVU turnover, becuase some pundits wanted to claim that 'WVU played their worst game of the year'.  Watch the game again an that isn't close to the truth.  EVERY WVU TURNOVER, was the result of either an amazing tackle or stop, or because a player was forced to make a bad play under duress...take Nate Allen's INT in the 3rd quarter....if Jarrett Brown doesn't throw it he's sacked by Moffitt for a 15 yard loss, he should have thrown it away because it was 3rd down and they were in FG range.  Moffitt's 2nd INT was a deflection again from an excellent stick that knocked the ball in the air.

The team that was sloppy Friday was our offense, we turned the ball over 4 times and dropped it on the ground a 5 time.  Ford fumbles once carrying the ball like a loaf of bread after they stopped his forward progress (I thought this play should have been whistled dead before he fumbled).  Ben Williams fighting a bit to much for yardage, and doing to much twisting fumbles the ball.  Matt's two INT's in FG range were a result of poor mechanics and poor throws on his part.  He had Amarri and Taurus wide open on both instances.  None of our errors were from being under duress, or hard hits, mostly poor decisions.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

The team that was sloppy Friday was our offense, we turned the ball over 4 times and dropped it on the ground a 5 time.  Ford fumbles once carrying the ball like a loaf of bread after they stopped his forward progress (I thought this play should have been whistled dead before he fumbled).  Ben Williams fighting a bit to much for yardage, and doing to much twisting fumbles the ball.  Matt's two INT's in FG range were a result of poor mechanics and poor throws on his part.  He had Amarri and Taurus wide open on both instances.  None of our errors were from being under duress, or hard hits, mostly poor decisions.

The worst part was that all 4 turnovers came on first down. Talk about drive killers...

Archived