FAU fans Guarantes a FAU WIN

BULLfreak

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

FAUFB, tell us about your team. What players can step up and lead you guys to victory. Obviously, you guys are going to be pumped for this game. I would like to hear about your team, haven't seen much of them so far.

Enjoy the game, it should be a lot of fun, we had to be around for a little while before we could get a ranked opponent at home, this will be a good test for your fan base.

After we beat you, I would like to see you guys do well and rise through the ranks. We are going to be huge supporters over here because everyone is going to put you down because of tradition. Remember that you are part of building your team's traditions. No one will ever take that from us.

Oh, and yes, HISTORIC.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Win, lose, or draw this FAU team should win the Sunbelt, although they've had some key injuries to starting DL- Pinnick, a DT, and Counsel...that could leave them very thin there and might be exploited.  With that being said, I can't see them losing to FIU, La-La, or La-Monroe---the two La schools have lost to 1-AA opponents for heavensake.  That puts FAU at 6 wins, Troy will be tough, and so will ARK St.  Sneak win between one of those two an FAU is possibly in the New Orleans bowl.

If we want respectability for our schedule we need everyone to win out after we beat them. >:D

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

FAU has an awfully good football team, it's going to be a battle.

Awfully Awfully good.  Their mascot is an owl, that is a paawerful animal.  Their coach is a legend and a paawerful recruiter.  Their QB is awfully good too. 

:D

• Content Count:  60

FAUFB, tell us about your team. What players can step up and lead you guys to victory. Obviously, you guys are going to be pumped for this game. I would like to hear about your team, haven't seen much of them so far.

Enjoy the game, it should be a lot of fun, we had to be around for a little while before we could get a ranked opponent at home, this will be a good test for your fan base.

After we beat you, I would like to see you guys do well and rise through the ranks. We are going to be huge supporters over here because everyone is going to put you down because of tradition. Remember that you are part of building your team's traditions. No one will ever take that from us.

Oh, and yes, HISTORIC.

Orl Bull

Thanx for the civilized reply. So far, we have had some problem on defense, but IMO because of nerves. The Minn. game wasn't that close. The game was 42-24 with 3:30 left & we even had a lot of reserves in the game. Our passing game is good, & our OL has solid protection, only 5 sacks so far to date. Our LB's are probably the best part of the Defense. Very active & big hitters. Led by C. Sincere & F. Joseph. Also our CB T. Polo, leads the nation in Int's with 7, but he is a Fr. so, he makes mistakes too. We could do a lil better in the running game though. We're doing pretty well, for where we are, in our history. Just like you guys. Sky's the limit!

• Content Count:  4,016

Oh, and yes, HISTORIC.

Orl Bull

Thanx for the civilized reply. So far, we have had some problem on defense, but IMO because of nerves. The Minn. game wasn't that close. The game was 42-24 with 3:30 left & we even had a lot of reserves in the game. Our passing game is good, & our OL has solid protection, only 5 sacks so far to date. Our LB's are probably the best part of the Defense. Very active & big hitters. Led by C. Sincere & F. Joseph. Also our CB T. Polo, leads the nation in Int's with 7, but he is a Fr. so, he makes mistakes too. We could do a lil better in the running game though. We're doing pretty well, for where we are, in our history. Just like you guys. Sky's the limit!

FAUFB good run down....yeah I forgot to mention you don't get a lot of sacks but you haven't surrendered many either...only 5 to date in 5 games.  That will be a real test, and we'll get a good idea what both sides are made of since our defense has had 17 sacks thus far in 4 games or over 4 a game.  The offense hasn't been a problem and never will be under Schnelly....he's staunch about execution which is half the battle in this game.  You're defense is real soft, the softest we've played since Elon, and getting minimal tackles for losses, but they're great at take-aways so USF must protect the ball. 

FAU is a very soft running team, 96th in the nation, defense is ranked 92nd...For USF to win they must minimize turnovers.  Get pressure on Rusty, and get an effective AND consistent running game going early.  Do those three things like we did against Auburn and UNC and we win, miss one and it could be a long day.  If Counsel can't go that will be a huge loss for FAU too, he's effective, good sized, and experienced.  FAU would be forced to play tiny, inexperienced DE's otherwise.

Oh, and yes, HISTORIC.

Orl Bull

FAUFB good run down....yeah I forgot to mention you don't get a lot of sacks but you haven't surrendered many either...only 5 to date in 5 games.  That will be a real test, and we'll get a good idea what both sides are made of since our defense has had 17 sacks thus far in 4 games or over 4 a game.  The offense hasn't been a problem and never will be under Schnelly....he's staunch about execution which is half the battle in this game.  You're defense is real soft, the softest we've played since Elon, and getting minimal tackles for losses, but they're great at take-aways so USF must protect the ball. 

FAU is a very soft running team, 96th in the nation, defense is ranked 92nd...For USF to win they must minimize turnovers.  Get pressure on Rusty, and get an effective AND consistent running game going early.  Do those three things like we did against Auburn and UNC and we win, miss one and it could be a long day.  If Counsel can't go that will be a huge loss for FAU too, he's effective, good sized, and experienced.  FAU would be forced to play tiny, inexperienced DE's otherwise.

SB

Our running game is pretty descent, when we CAN use it, but it's hard to stick with the running game when schools like OK St. & UK, get the jump on you. The games in which we won, we had good rushing stats. Otherwise, our overall rushing stats would be better.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

FAU is a solid Sunbelt Team, however, FAU scored only 17 points against UK a team with a marginal defense.  I think the OWLs are in for a rude awakening when the teams hook up Saturday.  I applaud Owl fans for believing in their team just as I bullieve the Bulls will win this game.

• Content Count:  473

I appreciate the enthusiasm the FAU fans have.

We're still going to destroy FAU, but I appreciate the enthusiasm.  :)

Awwwww, Mannnnnn!!!! No way we're gonna win!!!

Fixed for you, FAUFB!  ;)  :o  ;)

(sorry, I just couldn't resist)

I appreciate the enthusiasm the FAU fans have.

We're still going to destroy FAU, but I appreciate the enthusiasm.  :)

Awwwww, Mannnnnn!!!! No way we're gonna win!!!

Fixed for you, FAUFB!  ;)  :o  ;)

(sorry, I just couldn't resist)

Touche'!

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

Oh, and yes, HISTORIC.

Orl Bull

SB

Our running game is pretty descent, when we CAN use it, but it's hard to stick with the running game when schools like OK St. & UK, get the jump on you. The games in which we won, we had good rushing stats. Otherwise, our overall rushing stats would be better.

Took me a while to get back to this one, flag football game tonight. I really am pulling for you guys after this one. I know your game with Minnesota wasn't that close, I saw the score early and thought to myself "go FAU, hold on to it now", I was suprised that they never really closed the gap. No offense, it's just that I have seen it, when we were a young team, we would get off to a good start, but couldn't finish a game. Your coach is one of the best out there.

I think we will come there and win this game pretty easily, and again, I mean no offense. If we aren't focused, it could very easily go the other way, but I know our coach with have the guys ready to go.

I hope you see something from our offense. We have had really only about 5 good drives all season. If our offense steps it up, we'll be nearly impossible to beat. The turnovers scare me, not only could it create bad field position, but it will wear our defense down.

If anything, I wouldn't want to beat us if I were you guys. Some classless half-man-coach-that-cant-even-throw-a-friggin'-red-flag-for-review may start taking shots at your program.

I look for it to be a good game, I am sure a lot of the guys know each other, so they will have a blast. I am definately looking forward to your team growing like ours has, I really can't tell you how special it is to see it happening. Maybe in 3-4 years, we will both be top 25 programs and we will get a nice balanced rivalry going.

Good luck after Saturday. Hope you enjoy the game, I wish I could make it down there for this one. Also, congrats on the stadium plans, if that doesn't create a buzz for you guys, I don't know what will.

Archived