FAU has an actual TEAM, you know...

BigShoop

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

:) :) :)  Having grown up in the Steel City and now a die hard Bull's fan (my office colleagues think I'm insane with my enthusiasm) I've learned when you're up on top everyone wants to pull you down.  So every game has to be viewed as important as the championshiop game.  Just like the saying goes, "How do you eat an elephant? .....one bite at a time!" 

WE WILL FINISH STRONG!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,380
  • Days Won:  491

tidbit:  FAU (18 forced turnovers) ranks second nationally in that category, while the Bulls (17) rank third.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think this is an important game for us for recruiting the South Florida area.  Our first time playing down there in 2 years.

I really want to see Ford and/or Taylor have a breakout game.  A strong runing game will be needed when we play RU and UL.  We need to work on the Time of Possession.

• Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

I think this is an important game for us for recruiting the South Florida area.  Our first time playing down there in 2 years.

I really want to see Ford and/or Taylor have a breakout game.  A strong runing game will be needed when we play RU and UL.  We need to work on the Time of Possession.

Forecast is 60% chance of rain so Ford/Taylor should get their chance.  And if FAU can't pass, they're in for a long afternoon.

• Content Count:  4,016

I watched them on TV on a replay vs. Kentucky.  They look like us a few years ago, young and building a program.  They didn't look that big so I am hoping we can push them around.  Kentucky seemed to run at will up the middle on them.  

Of course that Woodson is a stud.  I hope Grothe finds his groove against this defense.  

Gene, they lost their top DT, and DE to season ending injuries the week before the UK game.  They should be more fortified when they play us but still should be somewhat soft between the tackles with limited depth.  They've got very good LB's and safeties that like to hit and have speed. We need to establish the run early and wear them out up the middle.  Healthy doses of Mike Ford, and Taylor would be the ticket.

• Content Count:  4,016

FAU will come out on fire and with huge passion.

I still believe that CJL will have us ready for an intense game.  FAU is a much bigger non-conference opponent than UCF, so this will be a harder game than next week.

I disagree. UCF is a much more formidable opponent than FAU. FAU beat a bad Minnesota team. My prediction: Bulls win. Bulls win.

Actually BULLSHTR, theoretically FAU's style of play could give us more fits then UCF. UCF again is very one dimensional, and ride the exclusive shoulders of Kevin Smith...shut him down...no QB has proven to be talented and their probably most skilled receiver is a true freshman.  Whereas FAU's Rusty Smith has a very live arm, and is quite accurate, and their OL is very experienced only surrendering 6 sacks in 5 games.  That can give us fits, eventhough we've got a good secondary.  They've also got more range at receiver, and RB.  I would say UCF is better defensively, partly because they're bigger, but i do believe it's much closer then stats state on that side of the ball, and FAU has more speed.

FAU, potentially could be the more dangerous threat if FAU continues to protect Rusty, and they catch some breaks.  UCF on the other hand, their offense is the type our coaches have always eaten up.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone should take this game seriously. It has the potential to be our version of the Texas-UCF game where we're just thankful to get out of it at the end with a win.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Exactly what you guys were saying about UNC, and what happened in that game?  Do you really think they are any better than UNC?  Answer: No.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,982
  • Days Won:  436

Exactly what you guys were saying about UNC, and what happened in that game?  Do you really think they are any better than UNC?  Answer: No.

FAU has 3 wins against 1-A programs. UNC has 0 .... UNC had a freshman qb working with a second string center ...FAU has a Hall of Fame Coach and a roster full of Florida boys .... we're playing down there ..... FAU scares me more than UNC ... luckily that won't mean crap in regards to the outcome of the game.

• Content Count:  1,334

Is the line still 3 TD?  They might cover, but I'm fairly certain we'll win.

I hope it goes better than FIU did for us last year.  I can promise FAU is better than that, so its not like our guys can take a week off.

Archived