Uninformed writers are becoming more scarce, but...

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,380
  • Days Won:  491

then we have the west-coast student newspapers:    :D

Then there was No. 5 West Virginia (now No. 13) on Friday night, making the South Florida Bulls look like the Indianapolis Colts. Considering the Bulls have only been a Division I-A program since 2001 and the Mountaineers’ offense is harder to stop than a chubby kid at a twinkie convention, there was no reason to expect this one to be close.

But without star quarterback Pat White, who left the game with an injury, the Mountaineers were only a shadow of their former selves, collapsing down the stretch and giving the Bulls’ program its biggest win ever.

E-mail Feder at jfeder@media.ucla.edu

Stoner.

Link

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  133
  • Days Won:  0

LOL collapsing down the stretch? Did he even watch the game? It's White that collapsed "out of the gate" LOL

• Content Count:  377

I emailed that punk about his story...

"You may want to correct information in a recent article. You said...

"Then there was No. 5 West Virginia (now No. 13) on Friday night, making the South Florida Bulls look like the Indianapolis Colts. Considering the Bulls have only been a Division I-A program since 2001 and the Mountaineers’ offense is harder to stop than a chubby kid at a twinkie convention, there was no reason to expect this one to be close.

But without star quarterback Pat White, who left the game with an injury, the Mountaineers were only a shadow of their former selves, collapsing down the stretch and giving the Bulls’ program its biggest win ever."

Some things to you obviously don't know...

-USF beat WVU last year as well and the game was played @WVU.

-I don't know what you mean by USF looking like the Colts because USF's offense certainly isn't like the Colts at all.  They dont gain 400 yards of offense each game and score 35 points a game.

-As far as Pat White getting hurt, the team played a lot better with him out of the game. Their back-up QB came in and had 200 total yards of offense by himself and led them to score all of their 13 points.  I don't know what you mean a shadow of their former selves...if you look at last years USF-WVU game you'd understand that WVU was shut down then as well.

-WVU didn't collapse down the stretch...they came back down the stretch.  In the middle of the 3rd quarter the score was 21-3. I'd say that wouldn't be a collapse down the stretch.

Bottom line is...I understand you are on the west coast and you probably keep track of football on the east coast as much as we do on the west coast.  So you should stick to AP wire reports of the game rather than formulate your own recap of the game that is completely ignorant and offensive to fat people.

Watch the game next time if you care to report on it so you don't look like such a dumbass!!!"

I guess let's see what he has to say back

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,809
  • Days Won:  213

if I had to guess--- he'lll probably come back with some joke about us being a bunch of crackers

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I emailed that punk about his story...

"You may want to correct information in a recent article. You said...

"Then there was No. 5 West Virginia (now No. 13) on Friday night, making the South Florida Bulls look like the Indianapolis Colts. Considering the Bulls have only been a Division I-A program since 2001 and the Mountaineers’ offense is harder to stop than a chubby kid at a twinkie convention, there was no reason to expect this one to be close.

But without star quarterback Pat White, who left the game with an injury, the Mountaineers were only a shadow of their former selves, collapsing down the stretch and giving the Bulls’ program its biggest win ever."

Some things to you obviously don't know...

-USF beat WVU last year as well and the game was played @WVU.

-I don't know what you mean by USF looking like the Colts because USF's offense certainly isn't like the Colts at all.  They dont gain 400 yards of offense each game and score 35 points a game.

-As far as Pat White getting hurt, the team played a lot better with him out of the game. Their back-up QB came in and had 200 total yards of offense by himself and led them to score all of their 13 points.  I don't know what you mean a shadow of their former selves...if you look at last years USF-WVU game you'd understand that WVU was shut down then as well.

-WVU didn't collapse down the stretch...they came back down the stretch.  In the middle of the 3rd quarter the score was 21-3. I'd say that wouldn't be a collapse down the stretch.

Bottom line is...I understand you are on the west coast and you probably keep track of football on the east coast as much as we do on the west coast.  So you should stick to AP wire reports of the game rather than formulate your own recap of the game that is completely ignorant and offensive to fat people.

Watch the game next time if you care to report on it so you don't look like such a dumbass!!!"

I guess let's see what he has to say back

I think correcting someone on wrong information is one thing, but no need to add insults.

• Content Count:  12,293

thats what i wish pat white never got hurt.  we probably would of beat them 21-6

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

All in all, it was a positive article.  It was a compliment being compared to the Colts, he didn't mean it literally.

Insulting emails like that will get us a reputation of having fans like that team to the east.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,380
  • Days Won:  491

All in all, it was a positive article.  It was a compliment being compared to the Colts, he didn't mean it literally.

With all due respect, when he says West Virginia made our offense look like the Colts, it's not a compliment.

But yeah, we need to inform, not insult.  it was probably just a typical lazy mistake.

Archived