Romano 12-0 Comment now attributed to "USF Bulls"?

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,774
  • Days Won:  53

Correct.  Read the original intent of what Bulliever is saying.  They are taking one columnist's blurb and making it sound like the team is all full of itself now.

• Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

Clearly my point is being missed...I'm not talking about fans.  Read the headline of the story, as if you were skimming headlines....Wow, "USF BULLS" now talk about 12-0!  Who Mike Jenkins?  Jim Leavitt?  Matt Grothe (maybe)?  That's my point.  We fans and hacks can all talk about it, but I doubt CJL and his team are talking to reporters about 12-0 as we sit here at 4-0...as Bill O'Reilly would say (that's for you smazza) that would "be ridiculous."

I would disagree only because I want them to talk about going 12-0.  What's the point of not talking about it?  They shouldn't want to lose any of them and they should play that way the whole way through.  You win one at a time, but the end goal should always be an undefeated season and a Big East championship. 

• Content Count:  66,137
  • Days Won:  172

I know the coaches and players won't say it, but shouldn't we expect to be 12-0?  Look at the rest of our schedule.  Who on that schedule should we not expect to beat?  Rutgers is probably the toughest game on the schedule since we're playing with 5 days rest and its on the road, but Rutgers was pretty well exposed by Maryland last weekend.  We've got Cincy at home, so we should be able to handle them.  UL is at home too and they appear to have been a paper tiger this year as well.  Who are we going to lose to?  Syracuse?  UConn?  UCF?

Seriously, with our remaining schedule, one of two things:  Either we run the table from here or we aren't a legitimate top 10 team.  Because there sure as hell aren't any top 10 teams left on our schedule.

barring grothe injury we should be 12-0 unless cinncinati is for real and is as good as they have played so far

usf should beat all other teams

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,380
  • Days Won:  491

Clearly my point is being missed...I'm not talking about fans.  Read the headline of the story, as if you were skimming headlines....Wow, "USF BULLS" now talk about 12-0!  Who Mike Jenkins?  Jim Leavitt?  Matt Grothe (maybe)?  That's my point.  We fans and hacks can all talk about it, but I doubt CJL and his team are talking to reporters about 12-0 as we sit here at 4-0...as Bill O'Reilly would say (that's for you smazza) that would "be ridiculous."

I would disagree only because I want them to talk about going 12-0.  What's the point of not talking about it?  They shouldn't want to lose any of them and they should play that way the whole way through.  You win one at a time, but the end goal should always be an undefeated season and a Big East championship. 

I agree, I want then to go 12-0, we all do.

But the writer should have quoted a player then, not John Romano. 

• Content Count:  66,137
  • Days Won:  172

i am in your head boss

these are good times in usfville

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

As the ways the polls are we are #6. Theoretically we have the 6th best team in the country, and we dont happen to meet teams 1-5.  So, I see nothing wrong with a fan thinking 12-0. Hell, I've done it every year for 4 years... lol

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,380
  • Days Won:  491

As the ways the polls are we are #6. Theoretically we have the 6th best team in the country, and we dont happen to meet teams 1-5.  So, I see nothing wrong with a fan thinking 12-0. Hell, I've done it every year for 4 years... lol

:Bang

Are you guys just yanking my chain this fine morning?

:D

Archived