Stampede Duemig's sponsors.......

dausfbulls11

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

Blade your post is hilarious, they won't take Duemig off the air because he covers more than just the Bulls.  He has all the Buc player shows (except Gruden), and the ratings for that are through the roof, and he is the biggest source for lightning hockey.  This is what I am talking about though organizing boycotts to demand airtime on a radio show????  Come on people we are getting so much national coverage as well as local coverage it's crazy.  I keep re-reading your post and I can't believe it, I think you are actually serious about what you wrote.  You are actually comparing Duemig's wavering USF coverage to Michael Vick's situation????  You may be the same guy who when the team goes 4 - 7 one year, will want to boycott leavitt.  We are quickly becoming like UF fans, I think we can be saved, but we may be too far gone.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!

Um...re-read the post there buddy. There was no comparison of Vick's "issues" to this guys...only used the example from a product endorsement point of view. If a company is scared of losing business because of a sponsor...depending on the size of the loss, they might choose to drop the sponsor.

Personally, I stopped listening to the guy sometime ago. I'm a bulls fan...whether he covers the lightning, bucs, etc. are not my concern. Do I think a boycott will get him off the air tommorrow? Probably not. But fans who really care have every right to voice their displeasure whether you think it is "going too far" or not. And in America you do so with your pen and the dollars in your pocket...that's how things work. By your logic, if there was an on-air personality in Lincoln Nebraska distorting facts and speaking condescendingly about 'Husker fans...they should sit around and not voice their disapproval? That's silly....

I don't care if the guy picks against the Bulls every week, so be it...he just shouldn't go on-air using half-truths and being direspectable to the local fanbase. If you subject yourself to that low of a media standard for all your teams...i feel sorry for you.

BTW...your comment about boycotting Leavitt was so out in left field and attenuated that it doesn't warrant a response.

Fans can voice their disapproval all they want, but I didn't hear anyone complaining about this last year?  All of a sudden everyone is clamoring to hear USF Bulls all day all the time, which I can say I like the fact that we are getting some attention, but spirited discussions should take place not whining about not being ranked after the Auburn game.  You talk about some guy in Husker Nation on the radio bashing Husker fans, those people are fanatics as well there isn't anything else to do in Lincoln except Nebraska football.  If you listen to most of the syndicated shows, the message to Husker Nation has been this isn't the 80's anymore lower your expections try be happy with winning he Big 12 North, that is the message they should be getting.  Having some guy on the radio saying Bill Callahan is awesome, your right on Nebraska has as much talent as USC, etc... is doing the fanbase a disservice.  We have similar things going on here, despite what the majority of the fanbase thinks (USF team has no flaws) the offense needs work, and the defense did give up over 400 yards of total offense, and huge 4th down plays to keep drives alive.  I am sure Leavitt pounded these points home this week.

You are correct about boycotts, they do work in a lot of cases, but the idea of fans boycotting businesses so they could potentially force WDAE to put on a more "Bull Friendly" radio host is a bit extreme.  Fans don't have to listen to his show, but they do and they call in and complain about it.  Turn the dial to another radio station, I have Satellite radio and I heard several sports shows talking positively about the team, and they looked at it from the negative side of the game which was refreshing.   

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  104

I stopped listening to this guy about two years ago.  He has a negative bias against USF and is just a bad radio personality.

• Content Count:  2,052

1. Stop listening

2. Don't support him

3. Don't give him the satisfaction

he is just a small time sports announcer who thinks he is big time. Let him live in his fantasy...by himself.  Enough said!    Reaper

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,677
  • Days Won:  19

All this vitriol over Duemig, really?  Have you not caught his act in the past?

I would suggest those seething over his usual drivel get (a) a life and (B) XM radio.

• Content Count:  7,890

Everyone hate to tell you this but THERE ARE OTHER RADIO SHOWS ON IN TAMPA BAY JUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL

• Content Count:  518

ITBull - We have been complaining about him for years.  This is not a first.  There are just more people complaining this year, likely becuase there are more people on this board now.

• Content Count:  518

Everyone hate to tell you this but THERE ARE OTHER RADIO SHOWS ON IN TAMPA BAY JUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL

Scot Brantly on 1470am has talked a lot about the bulls and believe it or not is much more knowledgable about college football.  He's  on at the same time as fat dog.  1010am in the mornings is pretty good as well.

• Content Count:  4,096
  • Days Won:  2

Scot Brantly on 1470am has talked a lot about the bulls and believe it or not is much more knowledgable about college football.  He's  on at the same time as fat dog.  1010am in the mornings is pretty good as well.

Not hard to believe at all.

• Content Count:  3,416
  • Days Won:  1

Push this thread to another board... The name Dumeg should be banned from this board...  He is a Homer when he wants to be and a non-Homer when it comes to our bulls... Something tells me Jim pissed on his wheaties sometime long ago and Dumeg won't let go... Move this topic.

• Content Count:  635

this is sad. and just more gasoline to throw on Duemig's fire about USF fans.

Archived