Stampede Duemig's sponsors.......

dausfbulls11

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

you are wasting your time exchanging emails with him. How do you think he will be when/if USF loses? WDAE is a business and we are the customers, you really want to get his attention post a list of his sponsors with email links and tell them that as a usf alum you cannot support them as long as they support him.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  0

you are wasting your time exchanging emails with him. How do you think he will be when/if USF loses? WDAE is a business and we are the customers, you really want to get his attention post a list of his sponsors with email links and tell them that as a usf alum you cannot support them as long as they support him.

I disagree. I see that as indirect censorship. He doesn't seem adverse to letting Bulls fans get on the air to express their opinions and he should be allowed to express his, whatever they are. And when he screws up it needs to be pointed out on the air, not by going to sponsors and threatening to boycot them.

Now if he blackballed USF discussions from getting on the air that would be censorship on his part and I would be all for going to the sponsors.

• Content Count:  1,633

Are you kidding me?

If you guys don't like him, the don't ******* listen!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

1) Only the government can censorship.

2) Drop the issue.

• Content Count:  1,633

1) Only the government can censorship.

2) Drop the issue.

DING!

• Content Count:  880

get over it folks.  he does what he does for ratings and to get a rise out of people.  whether he still admits it or not, he's a closet 'canes fan, and he probably won't truly give us any credit until we finish a season in the top 25.  trying to go after his sponsors is absolutely ridiculous.  if you don't like him, turn him off. 

• Content Count:  4,096
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah, people are allowed to be as ignorant as they want to (and man is Dumbass ignorant!) so you can boycott if you want but I cannot agree with it.  I have no problem with someone who thinks an opponent of USF can win a game.  Predicting an Auburn or West Virginia victory could have been easily backed up with facts.  According to you guys and people I know who listened to him, he seemed more intent on saying what USF could not do rather than make a case for the opposing teams.  Also, putting spins on outcomes which you fail to predict properly is unbecoming. Maybe someone needs to send him a program from one of our games so he can at least learn who plays for USF! Also, USF is the real home team here in Tampa.  At least no one is going to threaten to move the franchise.

• Content Count:  1,260

For all the people who are constantly agitated.. one solution is to stop listening. He is a shock-jock who gets a rise out of pushing ppl's buttons.

However, Bulls Country will become an up and coming demographic in this area...and with it comes significant power. Just as Bucs fans should be demanding the type of media coverage they desire...we are no different. The issue with this guy isn't that he is simply picking the other team to win...but that he intentionally distorts facts and demeans a local team/fanbase to boost his own ratings. I realize that he is not a "journalist" by the pure sense of the word, but by stating facts that are untrue as he often does (See Brad Lester comment) it's ethically reprehensible and professionally irresponsible.

I see nothing wrong with a boycott as some have suggested...that's not censorship, it's the market voicing approval or disapproval...something we all have a right to do as consumers. If any personality endorses a product...that company hitches their wagon to that individual's fan base as well as any baggage that come with him. (exactly why companies all dropped Mike Vick)

So....if Bulls fans want to write a letter to all the companies Mr. Duemig endorses; spelling out that they will refuse to frequent the establishments until he is removed as a spokesperson....that's one way to really get your point across. (Make sure to cc WDAE management/sales/marketing) Just remember that this particular step will be ineffective if the ratings still show you're continuing to tune into hear him ranting. That means write your letters...and change the station if you eventually want to see results.

• Content Count:  64

Wow, I can't believe most of you hate Duemig so much, the reason I listen to his show is because he doesn't look at things through Bulls or Bucs colored glasses like everyone else.  He is not obligated to just say USF will win, any person in the media shouldn't do that.  If you guys watch any of the college football shows, Lou Holtz and Mark May both said WVU would beat us as well, but once we won the game they gave us Kudos.  So, what if he changes what he says after he is wrong that's what I find most comical about his show, or all the callers who call WDAE and say they are calling to talk about Mike Vick or something then they attack the "big dog" on his USF predictions LOL!!!  Why put that much effort into something, that show is hilarious because of how the callers interact with him.  I have played football most of my life, and I know the game from more than an average fan, like how the coverages work, matchups etc..., and that's how I come to my conclusions, but that doesn't mean I hope USF loses, even though I may think we are playing a superior team.

I am not saying I know more than anyone else, but as much as I love my USF Bulls I still feel we are ranked ahead of teams that could beat us.  Our ascension to the #6 ranking was filled with luck, and anyone who says that isn't true is being blinded.  I will take the #6 ranking and relish in it, but I know how we got there and a lot of things fell in place for us to make that happen.    There is nothing wrong with that, I am hoping we go undefeated, and don't lose another game that doesn't make me a bad fan.  I don't think it should make Duemig so hated, I like radio people who go against the grain and take the hard stance, USF is Bandwagon central right now and everyone is not thinking clearly.  Even Leavitt said it, "it's a long race, anyone in the Big East can beat anyone", so before our Bull Nation populous gets too crazy a little bit of realism needs to creep in.  I will make a prediction if we play badly against a Louisville or UCONN and the team ranked under us with a loss jumps us in the polls, just watch the amount of whining that will ensue as a result.

I have loved this program since it started, and enjoyed watching the IAA games against the GA. Southern's, and Citadels, all the way to the big time, and I knew this day would come where we hit critical mass, but my biggest prayer is that we don't become like UF fans and have that overbearing sense of entitlement.

Blade your post is hilarious, they won't take Duemig off the air because he covers more than just the Bulls.  He has all the Buc player shows (except Gruden), and the ratings for that are through the roof, and he is the biggest source for lightning hockey.  This is what I am talking about though organizing boycotts to demand airtime on a radio show????  Come on people we are getting so much national coverage as well as local coverage it's crazy.  I keep re-reading your post and I can't believe it, I think you are actually serious about what you wrote.  You are actually comparing Duemig's wavering USF coverage to Michael Vick's situation????  You may be the same guy who when the team goes 4 - 7 one year, will want to boycott leavitt.  We are quickly becoming like UF fans, I think we can be saved, but we may be too far gone.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  1,260

Blade your post is hilarious, they won't take Duemig off the air because he covers more than just the Bulls.  He has all the Buc player shows (except Gruden), and the ratings for that are through the roof, and he is the biggest source for lightning hockey.  This is what I am talking about though organizing boycotts to demand airtime on a radio show????  Come on people we are getting so much national coverage as well as local coverage it's crazy.  I keep re-reading your post and I can't believe it, I think you are actually serious about what you wrote.  You are actually comparing Duemig's wavering USF coverage to Michael Vick's situation????  You may be the same guy who when the team goes 4 - 7 one year, will want to boycott leavitt.  We are quickly becoming like UF fans, I think we can be saved, but we may be too far gone.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!

Um...re-read the post there buddy. There was no comparison of Vick's "issues" to this guys...only used the example from a product endorsement point of view. If a company is scared of losing business because of a sponsor...depending on the size of the loss, they might choose to drop the sponsor.

Personally, I stopped listening to the guy sometime ago. I'm a bulls fan...whether he covers the lightning, bucs, etc. are not my concern. Do I think a boycott will get him off the air tommorrow? Probably not. But fans who really care have every right to voice their displeasure whether you think it is "going too far" or not. And in America you do so with your pen and the dollars in your pocket...that's how things work. By your logic, if there was an on-air personality in Lincoln Nebraska distorting facts and speaking condescendingly about 'Husker fans...they should sit around and not voice their disapproval? That's silly....

I don't care if the guy picks against the Bulls every week, so be it...he just shouldn't go on-air using half-truths and being direspectable to the local fanbase. If you subject yourself to that low of a media standard for all your teams...i feel sorry for you.

BTW...your comment about boycotting Leavitt was so out in left field and attenuated that it doesn't warrant a response.

Archived