Breaking news..or rumor?

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

I ran onto the field for the Bg and the Naty and the later I hurt my self, that is a good size drop onto asphalt. I do not remember anyone doing any damage for those two games.

FYI I walked onto the field after the Army game at Army. the corner of the end zone is at field level and the gate was open so I walked right onto the field and walked around for 10 minutes. i am not sure why i did that but I am pretty sure Alcohol was involved.

AU fan is right we have little reason to storm the field now and the thing I will never understand is why would you break stuff? That's never has and never will make any sense to me ever. Please do not tell me it is because I am old it has nothing to do with the wanton destruction of property and I am not old.

The only time we should be storming a field form here on out shoule be clinching a BE title or winning a national title.     

I agree with that but there is never a reason to mess stuff up. The turf thing is taking turf from another teams field for a graveyard like FSU; not tearing up the turf in the stadium you use.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I ran onto the field for the Bg and the Naty and the later I hurt my self, that is a good size drop onto asphalt. I do not remember anyone doing any damage for those two games.

FYI I walked onto the field after the Army game at Army. the corner of the end zone is at field level and the gate was open so I walked right onto the field and walked around for 10 minutes. i am not sure why i did that but I am pretty sure Alcohol was involved.

AU fan is right we have little reason to storm the field now and the thing I will never understand is why would you break stuff? That's never has and never will make any sense to me ever. Please do not tell me it is because I am old it has nothing to do with the wanton destruction of property and I am not old.

The only time we should be storming a field form here on out shoule be clinching a BE title or winning a national title.   

I agree with that but there is never a reason to mess stuff up. The turf thing is taking turf from another teams field for a graveyard like FSU; not tearing up the turf in the stadium you use.

Agree whole heartedly.  Celebrate with the players and leave the place the way you found it.  Well unless its a national championship on a grass field, id be taking a small patch with me  ;) 

• Content Count:  64

I have never rushed the field (and in no way promote) but don't people realize that its fun to do something that’s prohibited...especially when drunk, after a huge win. I hope fans keep doing it until Judy has to pony up the cash to get our own stadium. That way it won't be such a novelty

• Content Count:  1,812

Agree whole heartedly.  Celebrate with the players and leave the place the way you found it.  Well unless its a national championship on a grass field, id be taking a small patch with me  ;) 

Bro if that happens I will pay to have the field repaired myself. But only the feild ;)

• Content Count:  936

Just an outsiders point of view, so you can flame away as needed...

At some point, that small percentage of unruly fans (we all have them), are gonna have to learn something....

Act like you've been there, done that before.  One of these days, USF is going to cease to have "biggest game in school history" so often.

You guys are rocking the polls, destroying competition, and getting a lot of recognition.  If there is any year that you guys can have these huge games, it should be this year.  If you want USF to be the program you want it to be, certain fans need to know how to celebrate a huge win without shining a bad light on the program.

Like I said, outsiders view here... but it seems as though the program, 11 years old, has outgrown some of it's fans.

GO BULLS!

War Eagle

I agree with this 100%. You are dead on.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

guys, i talked to a lot of TSA folks yesterday for story we had, and i specifically asked about these things. if there were any objections, i have no reason to think they were voiced to USF and certainly not any shouting. the two sides are getting ready for their next games. as far as field damage, they said there was a small piece of field that had to be replaced, but it was in place in time for the blake-middleton game on the same field.

not sure where this rumor is coming from, but i'm not getting much to validate it. i can tell you there were a record number of ejections and arrests, including one for felony possession of cocaine. more than twice as many ejections as the previous high against ucf two years ago ...

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I thought the field thing was kind of bogus.  They replace the sod in there all of the time.  In fact, I saw a huge pile of old sod as I was leaving.

• Content Count:  936

Saw that same pile..

• Content Count:  7,890

I'm a big proponent of fans staying IN the stands. I know everyone wants to celebrate with the team and all but all that ends up happening is damage to the field, rumors that fans assaulted Coach Rodriguez (just rumors mind you), and now cops/TSA are going to be extra ******** come the UCF game. Great! And I wouldn't be surprised if some fans tried to rush the field after the UCF game. Pretty soon we're going to be Clemson where we rush the field after ever game.

IF ANYONE RUSHES THE FIELD AFTER WE BEAT UCF THEY SHOULD BE SHOT ON SIGHT I MEAN IT U - C - FREAKIN F NOT USC

• Content Count:  518

not sure where this rumor is coming from, but i'm not getting much to validate it. i can tell you there were a record number of ejections and arrests, including one for felony possession of cocaine. more than twice as many ejections as the previous high against ucf two years ago ...

Want to bet this record gets broken at the UCF game?  Thank God it's a noon game and not a 7pm game.  I probably won't bring my family if it was at night and that's a shame.

Archived