Breaking news..or rumor?

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

I laughed my ass off when I saw some students swinging on the field goal nets "pirate style" on the field. I couldn't stop laughing as I sat in my seat in the South Endzone. Not sure why people had to destroy seats and tear up the turf though. What the hell are they going to do with a patch of grass?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I laughed my ass off when I saw some students swinging on the field goal nets "pirate style" on the field. I couldn't stop laughing as I sat in my seat in the South Endzone.

Yeah come on what do they expect.  There is after all a pirate ship right by the student section to get us in the swashbuckling mood.  ;)

• Content Count:  5,241

I laughed my ass off when I saw some students swinging on the field goal nets "pirate style" on the field. I couldn't stop laughing as I sat in my seat in the South Endzone. Not sure why people had to destroy seats and tear up the turf though. What the hell are they going to do with a patch of grass?

Thats the only thing that TSA should be concerned about.

If students rush the field for anything less than a gigantic win like this one (by the way, we've beat WVU 2 in a row now, no more rushing the field against em) I think its totally appropriate to arrest them. 

I think now that everyone seems to have gotten on the field for that, we should put it all behind....

...Cuz now we've been there before! Now time to remember that

• Content Count:  4,738

Cincy in 2003

Yeah, that one was stupid.

The other one that I know about was Bowling Green in 2002. That one I fully supported, because that was the first win against a ranked school, it was senior night for Marquell/Rubin, etc that had done SO much to bring this team along in their four years, and it was just sort of a celebration of the first 6 years of USF football.

Wow did I really rush the field against Cinci?  It seems like ages ago.  I definitely remember BG but my wife reminded me there was another.  The Nati.  Wow, unbullievable how far we've come.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,982
  • Days Won:  436

I do recall seeing some guy running around with a seat on the field (doubt it was the only seat damaged that night), grass being torn up, I saw one guy (and i'm sure it was more than just him) using the FG net pully to swing pirate style to the field, and saw plenty of people jumping back into the stand which might tear up some other stuff.

No wonder the TSA was pissed ...... The Auburn fan's comment about our program outgrowing some of our fans was pretty much dead on. There in NO excuse for that type of behavior.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

If this story is true about TSA deciding to harass USF, I think it illustrates that they're a bunch of greedy pansies. I can't imagine a USF employee would feel threatened or attacked enough to engage in shouting if the TSA folks had politely raised objection to the monetary damages incurred by the stadium as a result of the crowd at the WVU game. That's just business. If the story is true, I would imagine (based on everything else we know about the TSA) that the TSA demanded some sort of outlandishly disproportionate fee or action from USF, or they might have made it personal. It's not that I'm a USF fan, because obviously that makes me biased. But I have long felt the TSA is a beaurocratic, capitalistic, insensitive organization far more focused on the bottom line and anality than being supportive of benevolent causes.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

If this story is true about TSA deciding to harass USF, I think it illustrates that they're a bunch of greedy pansies. I can't imagine a USF employee would feel threatened or attacked enough to engage in shouting if the TSA folks had politely raised objection to the monetary damages incurred by the stadium as a result of the crowd at the WVU game. That's just business. If the story is true, I would imagine (based on everything else we know about the TSA) that the TSA demanded some sort of outlandishly disproportionate fee or action from USF, or they might have made it personal. It's not that I'm a USF fan, because obviously that makes me biased. But I have long felt the TSA is a beaurocratic, capitalistic, insensitive organization far more focused on the bottom line and anality than being supportive of benevolent causes.

How dare they not like their property damaged! Come on, it's for the betterment of humanity that Bulls destroy stuff.

• Content Count:  743

I saw someone with some turf and reached down to figure out how the hell they did it. That stuff is in there really good. That turf is designed to hold so well it shouldn't have even been possible. Shame if its true...

• Content Count:  1,812

I ran onto the field for the Bg and the Naty and the later I hurt my self, that is a good size drop onto asphalt. I do not remember anyone doing any damage for those two games.

FYI I walked onto the field after the Army game at Army. the corner of the end zone is at field level and the gate was open so I walked right onto the field and walked around for 10 minutes. i am not sure why i did that but I am pretty sure Alcohol was involved.

AU fan is right we have little reason to storm the field now and the thing I will never understand is why would you break stuff? That's never has and never will make any sense to me ever. Please do not tell me it is because I am old it has nothing to do with the wanton destruction of property and I am not old.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I ran onto the field for the Bg and the Naty and the later I hurt my self, that is a good size drop onto asphalt. I do not remember anyone doing any damage for those two games.

FYI I walked onto the field after the Army game at Army. the corner of the end zone is at field level and the gate was open so I walked right onto the field and walked around for 10 minutes. i am not sure why i did that but I am pretty sure Alcohol was involved.

AU fan is right we have little reason to storm the field now and the thing I will never understand is why would you break stuff? That's never has and never will make any sense to me ever. Please do not tell me it is because I am old it has nothing to do with the wanton destruction of property and I am not old.

The only time we should be storming a field form here on out shoule be clinching a BE title or winning a national title.   

Archived