Duuuuuuuude......The Herd Of Thunder is unbelievable!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

We went to Auburn, we're going to FAU, and we're going which ever bowl game we play in. Anything other than that is up to Athletics.

But this is turning into a Schnetty matter. His answer will probably be, "Money and/or Athletics." That's what it always is.

The HOT or a Pep Band is always willing to travel ANYWHERE for this ICREDI-BULL team and it's fans.  There will be a full band at FAU, but at this point, there has been no discussion about any other away games.  This is what's so tough about being in the Big East - a lot of our 'big' games are too far to take a bus (Rutgers, etc).

I've said it before:  The only way Athletics/Boosters/Alumni know that you WANT the band there is to tell them!  If they hear about it enough from the fans, someone will find they money to get us there.

I love the name of this thread - and I agree - the energy in and around the HOT Band was AWESOME!!!

GO BULLS!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,584
  • Days Won:  2

I agree with everyone else.  The HOT was hot last night. 

The Bull is the best- much better than the Chop or the Chomp

• Content Count:  1,528

you guys in HOT should be pround. That was an excellent display last night. I'm watcning the DVR replay now and you guys sounded GREAT! I always like hearing the USC band when there's a Trojan game on, the HOT brass sounded amazing.

I agree with everyone else.  The HOT was hot last night. 

[glow=yellow,2,300]The Bull is the best- much better than the Chop or the Chomp[/glow]

That's why I think it needs to be played EVERY SINGLE down.  Drop the other "down chants" or whatever they are (still can't hear them in the south endzone anyway)... but #8 (The Bull) is OUT-FREAKING-STANDING.  I can see when that is being played even if I can't hear it.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

A few of us were actually talking about this on the ride home. We'd would LOVE to come up to Rutgers and any other away game. We're told every game we make a difference, and I'm really believing it now.

All we can do is talk to Athletics. :/

Exactly.

Every member of this board needs to send an email to athletics IMPLORING them to get HOT to more away games (especially one's like Rutgers).

The Rutgers game in a few weeks will be EPIC!!

Having our band there would give our team/fans a real "shot in the arm."

Three weeks ago, I sent an email to Brett Huebner in athletics.  I've pasted the email below to give you an idea of some things you may want to mention.  Mention to him we need to find a way to get the band to NJ in three weeks!

His email is bhuebner@admin.usf.edu.  He said he agreed with everything I said, and that he would forward it on to the appropriate people.

Here's what I sent him....

Mr. Huebner:

I wasn't certain of the individual to whom I needed to send this, so if it is not you, would you please pass it along to the appropriate person(s)?

Just wanted to say how impressed I have been with our marching band over the past couple of years.  My wife and I were USF students in the late 90's and early 2000's.  We were at every home football game and virtually every home men's basketball game during our years at USF.  Great memories.

During that time, of course, we were at the game where the Herd Of Thunder made their debut.  Year by year, they grew larger and more impressive -- both in the stands and on the field.  In 2004, we moved out of state.  We certainly miss Bulls homes games, but we always try to make it to at least one road football game every year (last year @ Louisville and the bowl game in Birmingham).  We already have our tickets for the game at Rutgers in October, and we wish the band were able to make it up there.  We will also be at the bowl game this year, wherever that may be!

The band's performance at the PapaJohns.com bowl was astounding!  We were so proud to be a Bulls on that day!  I am hoping one day very soon our athletic department will be able arrange for the H.O.T. to make even more road trips with the football team.  The amount of fellow fans I have heard remark about the difference our band makes at away games is amazing.  The atmosphere they create in our little corner of the stadium makes it a little home away from home.

I know it's a dollars and cents thing, but I figured if nobody lets our athletic department know this is something alumni and fans in general would love to see, those funds (when available) might go elsewhere.  Please know having the band at as many away games as possible makes a HUGE impression not only on our fans, but on the opposing fans as well.  H.O.T.'s reputation is getting around!  They are fantastic ambassadors for the University as a whole.  They give an identity to our great institution in more ways than one.

Thanks so much for the time, and GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

H.O.T.  was incredible.  I loved the new uniforms tonight.  "The Bull" is the new rally song for the new millennium.  H.O.T. rocks.

:popcorn :cheers :loser :drinkup

Yeah, I agree. The new uniforms looked great.

USFvsWVU007.jpg

:clap

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

H.O.T.  was incredible.  I loved the new uniforms tonight.  "The Bull" is the new rally song for the new millennium.  H.O.T. rocks.

:popcorn :cheers :loser :drinkup

Yeah, I agree. The new uniforms looked great.

USFvsWVU007.jpg

:clap

unifroms? OH! ;)

• Content Count:  398

HAHAHA

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

HOT Kicked @ss! 

• Content Count:  3,078

ugh... i was in the northwest corner of the stadium and couldn't hear the band hardly at all...  get mics

Archived