Man, there are a TON of WVU fans here!

monkeypants

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

my bro is down there flew down this mornin. I wouldnt be suprised if we have close to 20k down there in gold and blue. we recrute heavily from flordia you got to take in consideration friends and fam. of our players. wvu always brings a large amount of fans. (and yes flordia is a nice place to visit ;)... )

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

The thing is, the upper deck tickets weren't on sale for, like, three months. They went on sale maybe two weeks ago. It's just hard to get your entire trip together in time for a Friday night game and get a plane ticket and a hotel and all of that on short notice.

And, um, it's not like money grows on trees in West Virginia. I think that's the nicest way to put it.

• Content Count:  21

true alot of people have blue collar jobs in west virginia, but you would be suprised how many of those people would gladly spend what they got to follow the mountaineers. you can make fun of them (and I appriciate the respect jamie) but there are poor people everywhere. also you could get a round trip from pittsburgh airport to tampa for $180.00 so its not out of reach ;)...  morgantown and wheeling are close to pittsburgh, charlestown and martinsburgh are close to washington dullas, and charleston and hunnington has an airport that fly's to orlando for $120.00 round trip then they could rent a car when they got there... not out of reach by far.

• Content Count:  549

But it's going to be such a sad flight home.  Why bother? ;D

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Don't let anyone say they brought 10-20K.  No where near that.  There is hardly any wvu fans there, just a few there sprinkled throughout.  I know they sold 4k, but there aren't that many more on top of that.  They might have brought 7-8K.  MIGHT have.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, they made it sound like there would be some huge sea of gold. They would have had to buy most of the upper level seats to get to 20K and there was maybe one section's worth of gold shirts up there.

Archived