Skingraft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Gruden to introduce USF starters

Posted By Brett McMurphy at Sep 27, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Updated Sep 27, 2007 at 11:48 PM

The biggest college football game in the city of Tampa got even bigger.

When the University of South Florida’s starters are shown on ESPN2 tonight, football fans will recognize a familiar face doing the introductions: Bucs coach Jon Gruden.

Gruden said Wednesday he wouldn’t be able to attend the game, but the Bucs’ Super Bowl winning coach will introduce USF’s offensive and defensive starters.

Perhaps, he’ll even throw in one of those famous Chucky smirks.

“I’m really happy and proud and certainly impressed with Coach [Jim] Leavitt and what he’s done with his staff and that program,†Gruden said.

While Gruden will introduce the starters, former Notre Dame coach Lou Holtz delivered his pre-game pep talk on ESPN Thursday night.

Courtesy of: http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/gruden-to-introduce-usf-starters/ 27 Sept 07

I really am not sure how to feel about this.....it is great for publicity for the school and the program itself, but L.R. Selmon would have been cool

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

maybe lee roy didnt want to do it. personally i think its awesome chucky is doing it, but i am biased due to being a bucs fan

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

the bandwagon grows

• Content Count:  159

That's pretty sweet ... DVR here I come!

Maybe Chucky can finish with a line like, "Don't mess with the Bulls, you'll get the horns!" and then give one if his infamous looks at the camera!  :D

• Content Count:  12,293

i think its a good for our program because Gruden gives us a little more respect with the local fans.

i dont think Lee Roy wants to be the "face" of USF anymore thats part of the reason he stepped down as AD.  I think he likes to get things done behind the scenes.  Word was that ESPN wanted Lee Roy to do the intros for the UNC game and he declined then too.

• Content Count:  3,403

I'd prefer someone more related to USF football directly, but I suppose Gruden is one of the more famous people they could have chosen.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

thats cool and understandable...I am a Phin fan and a massive Bucs supporter.....Gruden is cool, just hope he hooks it up Chucky style.....

• Content Count:  12,293

hey, anything is better than that flamer we had doing the intros for the UNC game.  I saw the recording of the game and wanted to smack him.

• Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

Am I the only person that does not understand this at all ??? Why is ESPN having someone with no connection to our team do the interduction? I would almost prefer to have that shermanator kid back, at least he will probably be at the game.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Am I the only person that does not understand this at all ??? Why is ESPN having someone with no connection to our team do the interduction? I would almost prefer to have that shermanator kid back, at least he will probably be at the game.

Does it REALLY matter... plus, recruits will eat it up seeing an NFL coach introduce our team.

Archived