Rodriguez on sellout: 'It's like the Yankees'

BULLfreak

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,774
  • Days Won:  53

Seriously though, the hot dogs are delicious.  I plan on having a couple.  The dude is right.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

I hate to break this to you, but he is right to a point.  If WVU were not coming, there is no way this is close to a sellout.  UNC was here last week and there were what, about 25,000 actual fans there.  No, it is because of WVU that USF will sellout this game.  If it were Cincy coming to town, even thought they are a good team, USF would not be getting close to this number.

He was saying it's like that everywhere WV plays.  By the way, 37,000 were at UNC......I mean you were only off by 10K+.  ;)

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Oh.. hell.. no... them is fighting words. I am an avid Rays fan and just as avid Yankee hater and I now feel a new, heightened, level of disgust towards Rodriguez and WVU. That definitely has got my blood boiling.  :nutkick

• Content Count:  695

Also it is a big deal that USF is ranked because all the lamers in Tampa are hopping on board and buying up tickets.

Yeah everyone is jumping on board it annoys me but at least I was able to get a ticket eventually. I would have been pissed if I didn't get one, unlike all of these bandwagon students ive been paying for my tickets for the past 5 seasons before this year and I was even going to games when they were a 1AA team with my grandma.

• Content Count:  4,503

I am a little confused here.  Is Rich comparing his team to the NY Yankees ?  Isn't that a professional team ?  Ya, you know where I'm going with this one - So WV is paying their players ?

The Spinster.

• Content Count:  1,803

Rich Rodriguez video ^^

• Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

ToeJam, I hate to break this to you, but, if Kentucky Weslyan was ranked #5 in the country THAT game would be a sell out.

Actually, NOW I know who they beat for the state championship!

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  695

If Notre Dame came right now it would probably sell out.

West Virginia is not a big name team yet, they shouldn't be comparing themselves to the New York Yankees. If West Virginia was unranked they wouldn't be drawing big crowds, but unranked Michigan, Notre Dame, and Florida State will still draw big crowds wherever they go.

• Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

That's True!  West Virginia and UCF both draw big crowds! All this WVU comparing stuff is beginning to make more sense all the time!

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  73

If we were playing rutgers right or an undefeated louisville team tomorrow, those might be sell outs as well.

Its simple, we are undefeated and playing a high ranked division team.  Its a matter of schedule and timing...not specific to WVU really.

UNC is not a strong team nor is it a conference rival so naturally attendance would not be high.  And after the pounding of UNC anticipation is even higher.  Just timing.

Archived