USF pop-up tent at University area Walmart

SouthFLBully

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  557
  • Days Won:  0

So I was at the Walmart next to USF the other day looking for some random crap that I didn't need.  When I walked in the front door there was a giant USF pop-up tent sitting right up front where the shopping carts are.  I was taken back at how cool it was to see it sitting there just begging to be purchased.  All of the crap I went there for was suddenly driven to the back of my mind and all I could think about was buying this tent.  So I went straight back to the sporting goods section on a mission to find it.  After looking around for about ten minutes and not finding the tent, or someone to help me find it for that matter, I went on a serch for a "sales associate"(or whatever they are called these days).  After looking up and down about a dozen different isles I finally found an employee.  I told her that I saw the USF tent up front, yet I could not locate it in sporting goods.  "Do you know where I can find it?" 

Her answer to that question still baffels my to this very moment: "We don't sell them here, the one up front is for display purposes only." 

Why on earth would you display an item that you have no intentions of selling?!?!?!?  ???

And for a Walmart that is that close to campus to not carry that item is rediculous!

Needless to say I gave the store manager a piece of my mind before I left, however I don't think that he realy gave a ****.  So I beg all of you to STAMPEDE!  If you happen to be in that Walmart and that tent is still up yet there are none for sale, GIVE THEM HELL!

• Content Count:  771

Or the opposite side be it that they are trying to support USF being that they are not even a mile away from campus, but that they have an audience of 15,000 students that attend the University.

Any support that Wal mart gives to USF, is taken with a smile.

• Content Count:  624

I was also pretty upset that I could not purchase the tent. I plan on stealing it.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

that is true... any support from them is an improvement.

But it sucks to get your hopes up about something as cool as that tent, and then be told it isn't actually one of their products.

• Content Count:  1,238

Bye the Bye...did you happen to ask where they (Wal-Mart) got it (pop-up tent) from?

• Content Count:  557

No.  In retrospect I wish I would have, but I was too mad at that point in time to think about asking.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Bye the Bye...did you happen to ask where they (Wal-Mart) got it (pop-up tent) from?

Me and my gf went their today, and the employee we asked said he had no idea where they got it from

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,379
  • Days Won:  491

That is just amazing...

But maybe they got it at Target and are just embarrassed....

• Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

My guess:  Target

• Content Count:  1,457

That is really strange!

Archived