Student Tickets for Sale on Ebay

___ Eats It

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Per FL law

House Comittee Bill 6003 (Ticket "Scalping") - Effective July 1, 2006

This bill prohibits the resale of tickets for more than $1 over the face value of the ticket.  Former section 817.36(2)(a) made the sale of tickets in excess of $1 above the retail admission price a second degree misdemeanor.  However, with the passage of this bill, the criminal penalty found in 817.36(2) has been deleted.

Wrong.  They can be sold for whatever they will bring, but if sold from a web site certain procedures must be followed.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0817/SEC36.HTM&Title=->2007->Ch0817->Section%2036#0817.36

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  275
  • Days Won:  0

true, just read somewher eelse it was repealed in oct of the same year

• Content Count:  22

I ended up with 9 companion tickets in addition to my Student ticket. 

I sold 8 tickets for $650, ALL to USF fans.

I fail to see ANYTHING wrong with this.

Craigslist > EBay

-chris

• Content Count:  9,038

ummm, how exactly did you end up with 9???

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I ended up with 9 companion tickets in addition to my Student ticket. 

I sold 8 tickets for $650, ALL to USF fans.

I fail to see ANYTHING wrong with this.

Craigslist > EBay

-chris

You say that they are USF fanse. Are any of them students? There's hundreds of students that don't have tickets to this game who want to go. Those companion tickets should be going to them.

• Content Count:  594

Anti-scalping laws are BS. What makes tickets to a sporting event any different from any other commodity, that can be bought and sold as their value increases or decreases?

If firms don't want their tickets to be scalped, they should sell them at their actual value, instead of at a discount.

• Content Count:  102

Scalping is legal in the State of Florida, and any ticket bought on a website from someone in the State of Florida for an event in the State of Florida abides by that states laws.  Therefore if you are on Ebay you can sell USF tickets for a much higher price and not be subject to penalty.

If someone is willing to pay the price for "ENTERTAINMENT" than why shouldnt someone receive the benefits.  I dont agree with price gouging for items that are truly needed like during times of natural disasters, but if someone can make a few extra bucks on some sold out venue...why not?

If a WVU fan buys those tickets, I am pretty sure that situation will work itself out probably half way through the game no matter the score.

• Content Count:  22

ummm, how exactly did you end up with 9???

First, I goto the St. Pete campus, that being said, I went Monday morning got my ticket and the companion ticket that a friend asked me to grab.  I later discovered Monday afternoon that the St. Pete Campus had an alotment of tickets which were not made avail @ the Tampus campus (it being a satellite campus, this makes sense), so I took $160 with me, went thru the line twice and had some of my friends who didn't need companion tickets buy one for me.

I sold 4 tickets to one individual @ $75 each, he was a Grad Student in Pharmaceuticals, 2 tickets to a USF grad @ $75, and 2 tickets to a guy who already had student wristband on @ $100.

-chris

• Content Count:  594

Not that this deserves any sort of credit, but I had three extra (non-student) tickets in the upper deck, and I sold them for face value to one of my former students. Maybe some of you think that's stupid and I missed out on making a lot of money. I probably did. But now three USF students who were shut out of tickets will be able to attend the game, and I think that's the right thing to do.

• Content Count:  9,038

I'm not bashing on scalping.  My philosophy is "If you've got it, flaunt it".  If you can make those bucks, do it.

I only have 4 tickets for the game, and while I know I could sell mine for at least $100 a piece (I sit in section 124 and 125 is currently at $101 on eBay), there is no way I'd miss out on this game.  Not even for a month's mortgage.  A year's?  Possibly...

Archived