Sitting down at a football game?

Rocky Style

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,769
  • Days Won:  53

If your USF special teams downs a ball on the one yard line and you have a chance for a safety and you are very close to the play on the field (trying to make some noise for the D), would you sit down if the person behind you asked you to?

What if you overheard comments from these people throughout the game that proved that they have obviously never been to a USF game before in their life?

What would you do?  I thought this was football?  What is wrong with these non-fans buying tickets?  Go home and watch it on TV.

Anyway, I am going to be carrying on and jumping around for the WVU game I don't know about you guys...

Venting complete.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't, but I'm in the student section....MIGHT be different if i were somewhere else

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

You're probably talking about the south endzone.  I sit in 124, but everyone was on their feet for that time, EVEN the old people behind us.  I am on the aisle, and I can pretty much stand the whole time without worry.

• Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

Sit tall, be loud, be polite, and stand at the snap of the ball. Unless of course the person in front of you is standing already. Then be polite and don't worry about it.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,808
  • Days Won:  213

to put it in terms where supposedly all the fans are into the game--- at a Bucs game we dont stand the entire game. IF there is a big series on defense-- we stand and make a lot of noise. If there is a big play on offense-- we come to our feet and watch/cheer after the snap.

I'd say we sit nearly 90% of the game though. Is college different? perhaps. I can yell just as loud sitting down as I can from my feet and I'm not stopping the folks behind me from seeing the action.

• Content Count:  22,769
  • Days Won:  53

to put it in terms where supposedly all the fans are into the game--- at a Bucs game we dont stand the entire game. IF there is a big series on defense-- we stand and make a lot of noise. If there is a big play on offense-- we come to our feet and watch/cheer after the snap.

I'd say we sit nearly 90% of the game though. Is college different? perhaps. I can yell just as loud sitting down as I can from my feet and I'm not stopping the folks behind me from seeing the action.

Exactly!  I am not talking about standing for the whole game because that would make me quite tired, but if there is huge play or something or the D has a chance to get a safety, I am not allowed to stand up?  I mean is this tennis?  I don't get it.

I don't want to block anyone else from seeing but man get up and cheer when the team does something great.

• Content Count:  1,238

It's like going to the beach and getting angry at those who go into the water. But those who go into the water should not get upset at those who do not.

I sat in a section for several years which was comfortable but not full of cheer. So I chose to move to a section full of life. But there are those in this new section that will have to decide if they want to go in the water with the rest of us or move to a section of the beach more in-tune to their needs or likes.

God Bless America for the wonderful choices we have.

I pick for going into the water...standing and cheering loud

Because our "NOISE!!!" does have an effect (helps)...proven this past game... Section 108 was loud and proud

• Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

Because our "NOISE!!!" does have an effect (helps)...proven this past game... Section 108 was loud and proud

I second that.  Section 108 does pretty well.  We have a few quiet people mixed in there, but they are coming around and getting louder--and they have never asked us to sit down or be quiet during the action.  They are starting to follow our example and get on their feet. Friday night is going to be electrifying.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  7,012
  • Days Won:  4

See fellas...a little common sense goes a long way.

There was one occassion where a person behind me complained about all of the standing

and sitting. When I politely explained that it's going to be like this for the rest of the game,

that put an end to the griping. If the majority of your section is going to participate, it's

probably in your best interest to participate as well.

Remember...especailly up in Alumni land. You got a lot of fellas who are out a kitchen pass,

and mom's rule is: we all go, or none of us go. So if she wants to sit there and read a book

or chat with her friend...go ahead...just don't expect the other couple of hundred people

in this section to adhere to your passive interest. Should we keep the noise down so you

can talk on your cell phone?  :satan

• Content Count:  89

I sit in a section sometimes referred to as the staff section. There is a time to stand and their is a time to sit and this section seems to have it together.

Archived