USF Fans Acting Poorly....

IncrediBULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

I agree with those who are willing to approach fans acting this way and ask them to behave like they've been there before.  Them having been drinking is no excuse.

I think if enough Bulls fans came down on them, they'd get the idea that this kind of behavior won't be tolerated.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,379
  • Days Won:  491

I think Beer being served at the concessions increases the chances of jerks. You will notice that stadiums such as Auburn which are dry, there is less of a problem. I am not condeming beer sales at the stadium, I think it is great but with alcohol consumption some of these things have to be expected.

What contradicts that argument is the number of jerks at a UF game...I know one (sorry C*r*s) and he says the lots open up 5 hours or so before the game and they get completely liquored up before entering.. Now, will a college venue prohibit entering while intoxicated?  I doubt it and let's hope not.

But still, by not serving, you hope these louses are sobered up by game's end.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

when people make rude comments to the elderly, it immediately makes me think of my grandfather and grandmother....

and no matter if its a bulls fan or not, i get pissed...i hate it when people do that

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

This is a prime example of what happens when college stupids/immature people drink beer at a football game.

Precisely.

The stuff ruins lives.........and football games.

I figure I'd chime in on all the Beer bashing.  Because, lets be serious...even if we didn't sell beer, people would get drunk.  I've been to "DRY" SEC Games before.

Lets see... When I was at LSU, I left the stadium smelling like Bourbon, because everytime they score a freakin touchdown everyone THROWS THEIR DRINKS!!!  They dont sell BOURBON at Death Valley folks...

Florida, I remember back in the day getting extremly hammered before going into a game at the Swamp.  It just happens...You put on a sober face and walk in...with a flask in your pants for the rest of the game.

Sure you could blame this on public drunkeness.  But, I think (over time) our perception as a ranked BCS team and University will change with ALL OF OUR FANS, so this type of behavior will never happen again.   

As far as treating the visiting fans...i have seen many variations on that theme as well.  Granted, I enjoy being friendly and having great conversations.  Maybe poking some sarcasim.  But again, LSU has little pieces of candy they call "Tiger Bait" that they THROW at visiting fans during tailgating.  Not to mention the constant heckling between them.  AND IM NOT TALKING A RIVALRY EITHER. The game i was at was Oregon State @ LSU the year after the LSU Nat'l Championship.(The USF game was rained out because of Hurricane Francis so me and a friend took a road trip to visit friends).  Seeing LSU fans give that much crap to a Pac-10 team like the Beavers, well...it was a little scary.  I did not want to be a Oregon State fan, lets just say that.  I don't want people saying to be that Im bait and throwing things at me.  So let think twice as to how we treat our visitors.  I think we should come up with something clever to say to them like... Welcome to Paradise(since most of our opponents are from the freezing north.  Or how about, "Watch out for the Stampede".  Something like that...lol

I don't know

Just my $0.02

GO BULLS!!!

#18 and moving UP!!!

8_va

• Content Count:  2,726

In addition...Louisville had their share of A-holes last year.  All the students I saw walking around the stadium were looking at me and saying..."USF, what school is that?"  Granted, they had no teeth but...i just kept walking. ;) Then there were the many people that gave me the finger as I was driving away with my USF flags up and Playing the fight song loud as hell through my stereo.  Sure we lost but...whatever!!! GO BULLS!!! :P

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

When we left the stadium Saturday, we made sure we stopped some of the UNC fans and told them go luck the rest of the year and win the rest of their games this year.  Where possible, I try to deflect some of the negative remarks of those "young whipper-snappers".

• Content Count:  1,457

Embarassign fans from both sides are crappy.  I was in my season ticket seats on Saturday and a UNC fellow, wife, and young little girl snuck down to sit right behind us.  I did not go out of my way to be polite but, as a Bulls fan, yelled "D" at appropriate times, never cuss, but engaged in loud and cheering behavior.

The fellow, from the start, kept his spirits high and said how UNC is national champions in everything but football.  I ignored the fellow and after 3 quarters he was gone.  Sometimes we must have thick skin to ward off mysterious fans.  Point being - if a drunk/high fan wants to cuss - walk away and shake your head.

• Content Count:  84

Just keep letting our boys on the field do the smack talking and keep the positive comments in the stands. When we were in Auburn, we had a few jerks making rude comments (to which I just yelled, "Thanks! GO BULLS!!!") But overall, the vast majority of Auburn fans were gracious and friendly. If the rest of us keep it nice, we'll far ourweigh the few fans in between with the mouths. Just something like, "Should be a great game" or "Can't wait to watch this match-up" before the the game is sufficient. During the game, cheer for the Bulls. There's no need to say stuff like, "your team sux" because if they're losing, they already know it. After our win, "Good game" is all we need to say. Like I said to start with, our team on the field says enough.  ;D

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  695

Unless you start your own team and only allow certain people to become a fan of your team, and then if they don't follow your rules you punish them your never going to have the perfect fans that you want everyone to be. No team in the nation has thousands of perfect fans who are polite, and kind to everyone. If your doing your part, and being pleasant to the opponents fans than good. You can't expect the thousands of other USF fans to be the exact same way as you though, that is absolute craziness. With USF becoming relevant on the national scene now, USF will be getting more and more fans (BANDWAGON) and you'll be seeing more and more ******** so just get used to it.

• Content Count:  119

I welcome and thank all fans....unless you are a UCiF fan!  ;D

All kidding aside, I agree that we need to represent ourselves with class. I was at Auburn and it made me think on how we treat out of towners. For those that weren't there, you would be HONORED to be treated as we were. A common bond of hating the Gators made it easier. Remember, the real "talking" is done on the field, and sometimes we have no part of what happens there.

Archived