USF Fans Acting Poorly....

IncrediBULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  294
  • Days Won:  0

IncrediBULL , you are right. If it makes you feel any better, I'd be willing to bet those same UNC fans that had to endure the jeers of those few drunken fools probably encountered more USF fans that were gracious and welcoming. Over time these type of incidents will become less frequent when people see that Bulls fans don't tolerate things like this.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I have no idea what motivates someone to shout abusive comments at fans of the losing team.  Even if UNC allegedly "sucked", why would someone feel a need to shout that at a UNC fan?  I need the Dog Whisperer or some other expert to tell me why people act that way...the best road games I have been to have been BCS level road games where fans were hospitable before and after - DI-AA was a different story.  Perhaps we need to remind ourselves that we are BCS (Big Time) and need to act it.

If you substitute a "Your team sucks" for a "Go Bulls" or "nice game" you have a long way to climb up the food chain. 

Beer

• Content Count:  1,797

I hate hearing these kinds of things too and it is our job as fans to ask the dipsticks to knock it off.  I was in South Bend Sat. at the ND-Michigan State game.  What a contrast.  From the stadium ushers to the people in the parking lots tailgating, everyone was gracious to the MSU fans.  I could feel the desperation the ND fans were feeling before and during the game, but even after another back breaking loss, the ND fans were not bitter toward the MSU fans.  It was a total class situation all the way.  We have some fans that could learn from ND's fans.  Thankfully most Bulls fans are great in victory and defeat.  Let's see if we can make it all Bulls fans.  And remember, it could be worse, if one has paid attention to the behavior of certain other teams' fans.

Normal

• Content Count:  291

This is a prime example of what happens when college stupids/immature people drink beer at a football game.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

This is a prime example of what happens when college stupids/immature people drink beer at a football game.

Precisely.

The stuff ruins lives.........and football games.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,379
  • Days Won:  491

Precisely.

The stuff ruins lives.........and football games.

They may have been drinking, but unfortunately, for many, it doesn't take drinking to be an a$$.

• Content Count:  635

i'm sure the vast majority of everyone there behaved fine. including the vast majority of the people who drank beer.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I am glad to see so many positive remarks on this topic, and that so many USF bulls fans are appalled just like I was.  Personally, I hope more opposing fans come and spend money in Tampa and for the bulls program to benefit as a result.  We will make more money playing big time programs like UNC with large fan bases. 

I argree with many of the posters that it is our job, as season ticket holders, alumni and athletics boosters to be positive to opposing fans, and to let them feel welcome.  I also think it is our responsibility if we overhear idiots like the ones we overheard, to let the opposing fans know we do not agree with them and they are just "drunk morons". 

I think our program is way to young to be as cocky as some of these "fair weather fans" appear to be.  We are fortunate to be in the Top 20, and lets hope it stays that way.  My observation with 99.9% of our fans is that they are great..  I think the ones who are not need to be corrected on their behavior....

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

We parked in the South Lot and a UNC car immediately came in right next to us.  There was a gentleman probably about 50 or so, with his wife, his son and the son's girlfriend.  We didn't anticipate talking to them very long, but we ended up tailgating the whole morning with them.  They were drinking mixed drinks, so I offered beers to them for the long walk up to the stadium.  The son was the only one that I could convince to take one. 

On our way up to the stadium, we stopped at the Chik-fil-a tent to get some food.  We were invited by Chik-fil-a because our seats are in the Family Section.  Anyways, we invited our UNC friends in the tailgate with us and all of them got food and drinks.  After this we exchanged pleasentries thinking we'd never see them again. 

We saw them inside the stadium and asked if they wanted to join us at our seats that were under the cover from rain.  They did.  The Dad went down and got beers for all of my group and they joked around with us about USF beating up on their team two years in a row.  The people were classy and it was nice to welcome fans like that to a USF game.

The point is...........Be a Good Fan!!

Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  849

I think Beer being served at the concessions increases the chances of jerks. You will notice that stadiums such as Auburn which are dry, there is less of a problem. I am not condeming beer sales at the stadium, I think it is great but with alcohol consumption some of these things have to be expected.

Archived