USF Fans Acting Poorly....

IncrediBULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

It strikes me as odd, reading all of the auburn posts and how well our USF fans were treated before and after the game, contrasted to what I saw this Saturday.  On my way out coming up the main aisle in the parking lot, i was waking behind an older couple in UNC gear, along with a few younger kids (late teens) also in UNC gear.  Obviously a family.  From the parking lot, two guys and two girls saw them (and each new batch of UNC fans) and yelled out negative comments such as: UNC Sucks, you guys are ****, etc....  They were sucking down beers, and seemed liked they had a buzz going, but still it was crappy and immature.

I am embarrased on behalf of USF Fans who are mostly well behaved and gracious.  UNC doesn't suck, we are just having an unbelievable year and have grown a lot in the last ten years.  I'd expect this more at a pro game (bucs vs whoever) as there are plenty of drunk idiots at those games - not to mention how blue collar it can be at times (especially in the end zone).

If I was a UNC fan, I would be pissed at how I was treated after spending money to come to Tampa and play in Florida.  I am sure many of these people planned their trips for months, and spent Thousands in the bay area to attend the game.  Plus those extra tickets put more money in the USF Bull's coffers, and beating an OOC team puts even more in our pockets from the Big East.  Being rude to other fans only makes it so they don't want to return, and other teams may not come here, if they hear about the treatment.  That will certainly take money out of our pockets and put us on the road more frequently (or we will get teams like ELON to come play us, yea...).

Hopefully our fans can act like college students / grads and be a little more classy in the future.  What I saw made a truly bad reflection on our school from a few morons.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

There is some in every crowd, there were Auburn fans that were aholes as well. (A very, very small portion, but still some). But I was walking in the concourse and somebody walked up to a group of UNC fans standing there and went "boooooo" to them. Nothing bad, but I walked up to them and said "Welcome to Tampa guys". I also said that to a few people in the parking lot and most of the time the response was, "thanks bro, but I live here". Thats what we'll have to do, just go up and say something like "welcome to Tampa" to them.

Oh and for full disclosure, before the game there was a guy in the student section wearing a UNC shirt. The previous paragraph did not apply, he was 2 sections and higher up than me so I didnt walk up and say anything to him like you wew talking about, but everyone in the student section turned around and booed the guy.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,808
  • Days Won:  213

it is shameful to make abusive comments in front of children period

If I see some USF doing this-- I generally either tell the person being attacked to ignore them-- they are drunk or idiots ( or both) OR I go to thse making the comments and try to explain to them what their behavior says about our fan base as a whole-- and to cool that stuff-- act like you've won a game before and treat people with respect.

as for your comment about the people in the end zone of Bucs being blue collar--- #$%#@$^ @#$%@#$

;)

• Content Count:  159

Hearing stories like this always infuriates me. People need to show some class and demonstrate that we can win (or lose) with dignity. There is a time and place for banter (typically before or during the game) but even then do so with the intent of good sportsmanship as opposed to just being a vagabond.

While I was not at the UNC game (sadly, I was working) I can attest to how the people in Auburn treated myself and any number of other fans while we were there ... in one word, RESPECTFULLY. This is the kind of way I would hope we would treat our own opponent fans when they come to town. I don't care if you are ELON or USC or even UF (and believe me, I'm no fan of Florida) there is no need to go the excessive mile with bad-mouthing people, especially a family with kids.

So listen up USF students (and some of you alumni) ... lock it up at gametime and leave it on the field. If you say anything to an opponent that has lost it should be, "Good game" or "Thanks for coming, I hope you enjoy your time in Tampa." There is no need for taking us down a few notches of respect. Remember, respect is earned not given and Auburn has a LOT of respect from me personally because of the way I was treated. Truthfully ... in 5, 10, 20 years from now I will probably remember two things about that game ... the winning catch, and the way I was treated by the fans there. Make our opponents remember us ... but in a positive way.

• Content Count:  8,158

That's why the rest of us need to go out of our way to make the games a great experience for our opponent's fans. We saw a number of UNC fans leaving their pregame party. We made sure to smile and say hi. We commented to several that we liked their pull out "Go Tarheels" signs and said we'd have to get some like that for USF. 

We went to Auburn and we pleasantly surprised at the hospitality. It only solidified our resolve to make sure we treat the other team nicely in the stands while we spank them on the field.  ;)

• Content Count:  2,719

"Welcome to Tampa guys". I also said that to a few people in the parking lot and most of the time the response was, "thanks bro, but I live here".

I said the same thing to a UNC fan who sat next to me and got the same response.  He was very knowledgeable about his team and by the end of the game was ready to go buy a ticket for the Friday night game.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

I told those guys to be gracious, and to act like we've been there before, (winning games). There's no excuse to be an a-hole when your team wins. Just celebrate with your fellow fans and leave the other fans alone. 

• Content Count:  275

People like that must be the fair weather fans who never went to a game before the bulls made it big.

It sucks to be on the losing side, a pat on the shoulder and a "good game" goes a long way to make it a little less ******.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,379
  • Days Won:  491

I have no idea what motivates someone to shout abusive comments at fans of the losing team.  Even if UNC allegedly "sucked", why would someone feel a need to shout that at a UNC fan?  I need the Dog Whisperer or some other expert to tell me why people act that way...the best road games I have been to have been BCS level road games where fans were hospitable before and after - DI-AA was a different story.  Perhaps we need to remind ourselves that we are BCS (Big Time) and need to act it.

If you substitute a "Your team sucks" for a "Go Bulls" or "nice game" you have a long way to climb up the food chain. 

• Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

Some just aren't smart enough to know better. I hope in the future when we hear some butt-wipe moron making comments like that, we would apologize to the visitor for the lack of respect and assure them that we're not all like that.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

Archived