USF #18 in AP Poll!

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Matt McCoy looks like the 40 year old virgin.  How does he have that job?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

FYI, he was the only one.

The guy from West Virginia has us ranked NINTH!!!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/specials/collegefootball_front/votes/MORRISON.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME

• Content Count:  275

Siiiiick:) nice catch

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,979
  • Days Won:  436

Matt McCoy looks like the 40 year old virgin.  How does he have that job?

Being a 40 year old virgin is a job?

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Nice to see Chris Fowler finally waking up...

• Content Count:  1,457

Make room for UCONN next week.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,808
  • Days Won:  213

Actually,the e-mail was returned becuase the list had a bad e-mail address. So I'm resending it as follows. I hope it meets the approval of my critics:

Mike,

I noticed in your AP TOP 25 voting the last couple of weeks, that you may not be real familiar with the USF Bulls.  Seeing that you're in Boise State Bronco Territory, we have many similarities to your local Bronco football program.  We have only had a program for 11 seasons and our coach has quickly built a powerful program .  Much like your local Broncos of last year, we hope to be given every opportunity to play in a major bowl game this year.  However, we really want to get the word out about our program, especially to our friends west the Mississippi.  As I'm sure you must know, we have a big game against West Virginia on Friday.  We also have a difficult schedule against many great teams in the emerging Big East this year.  If we are successful against the Mountaineers and others, we hope that we can make a BULLIEVER out of you, as well!

Go Bulls!

didn't mean to sound like a jerk or anything if that is how you took it. But the tone in the new letter is much more likely to garner some sort of read/response.

I apologize if you took my comments as anything other than constructive criticism. Keep up the efforts and your support of the Bulls buddy.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Because I am having trouble staying on task today I looked through the AP votes.  Interesting tidbits:

1.  Stewart Mandel (SI.com) who has been on the USF bandwagon for a long while has us ranked 15th.

2.  Matt McCoy  (WTVN-AM Columbus Ohio) does not have us ranked, only one I saw not ranking us at all.

3.  Dave Morrison  (The Register-Herald - WV) has us ranked 9th, highest I saw of anyone.

4.  Eric Hansen  (South Bend (IN) Tribune) has us ranked 24th.  However he has UCF ranked 22nd (accounting for all 4 of their points in the AP poll).

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/specials/top25_front/standings.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME

• Content Count:  936

Interesting. Eric and Matt need to wake up.

Because I am having trouble staying on task today I looked through the AP votes.  Interesting tidbits:

1.  Stewart Mandel (SI.com) who has been on the USF bandwagon for a long while has us ranked 15th.

2.  Matt McCoy  (WTVN-AM Columbus Ohio) does not have us ranked, only one I saw not ranking us at all.

3.  Dave Morrison  (The Register-Herald - WV) has us ranked 9th, highest I saw of anyone.

4.  Eric Hansen  (South Bend (IN) Tribune) has us ranked 24th.  However he has UCF ranked 22nd (accounting for all 4 of their points in the AP poll).

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/specials/top25_front/standings.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME

Sanjay,

If you came to this thread earlier -- you would see the complete list.  I have a template set up AND a Firefox plugin that monitors a couple of the vote pages so when they change I can start updating the template.  The list below was posted Sunday.... Would have at least saved you the time of opening all 65 ballots...

Here are the votes...

USF have votes from 64 of the 64 AP voters....

[table]

[tr][td]Voter, Media Outlet[/td][td]Email address[/td][td]This week[/td][td]Prev[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Adan Van Brimmer, Savannah Morning News[/td][td]adam.vanbrimmer@morris.com[/td][td]15[/td][td]17[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Aditi Kinkhabwala, The Bergen Record[/td][td]kinkhabwala@northjersey.com[/td][td]13[/td][td]14[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Alex Abrams, The Morning News of Northwest Arkansas[/td][td]aabrams@nwaonline.net[/td][td]17[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Anthony SanFilippo, Delaware County Daily Times[/td][td]asanfilippo@delcotimes.com[/td][td]16[/td][td]18[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Austin Ward, Casper Star-Tribune[/td][td]austin.ward@casperstartribune.net[/td][td]19[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]B.G. Brooks, Rocky Mountain News[/td][td]brooksb@RockyMountainNews.com[/td][td]15[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Barker Davis, The Washington Times[/td][td][/td][td]18[/td][td]20[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Bret Bloomquist, El Paso Times[/td][td]bbloomquist@elpasotimes.com[/td][td]18[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Brian Landman, St. Petersburg Times[/td][td]landman@sptimes.com[/td][td]17[/td][td]18[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Chip Cosby, Lexington Herald-Leader[/td][td]ccosby@herald-leader.com[/td][td]16[/td][td]21[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Chip Scoggins, Minneapolis Star Tribune[/td][td]ascoggins@startribune.com[/td][td]15[/td][td]21[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Chris Fowler, ESPN[/td][td][/td][td]20[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Chuck Banning, The Day of New London[/td][td]parnett@starbulletin.com[/td][td]14[/td][td]16[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Craig James, ABC[/td][td][/td][td]16[/td][td]19[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Dave Goren, WXII-TV[/td][td]dgoren@hearst.com[/td][td]21[/td][td]25[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Dave Morrison, The Register-Herald[/td][td]demorrison@register-herald.com[/td][td]9[/td][td]10[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]David Birkett, The Oakland Press[/td][td]dave.birkett@oakpress.com[/td][td]17[/td][td]22[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]David Jones, Florida Today[/td][td]djones@floridatoday.com[/td][td]18[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Doug Doughty, Roanoke Times[/td][td]doug.doughty@roanoke.com[/td][td]21[/td][td]16[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Doug Lesmerises, Cleveland Plain Dealer[/td][td]dlesmerises@plaind.com[/td][td]19[/td][td]22[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Eric Hansen, South Bend Tribune[/td][td]ehansen@sbtinfo.com[/td][td]24[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Eric Yutzy, WTVF-TV[/td][td]sports@newschannel5.com[/td][td]16[/td][td]20[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Glen Guilbeau, Gannett Louisiana News Service[/td][td][/td][td]19[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Herb Gould, Chicago Sun-Times[/td][td]hgould@suntimes.com[/td][td]23[/td][td]25[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Israel Gutierrez, Miami Herald[/td][td]igutierrez@herald.com[/td][td]14[/td][td]17[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Jason Franchuk, Provo Daily Herald[/td][td]jfranchuk@heraldextra.com[/td][td]20[/td][td]22[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Jay G. Tate, Montgomery Advertiser[/td][td]jgtate@gannet.com[/td][td]11[/td][td]14[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Jim Young, Greensboro News & Record[/td][td]jyoung@news-record.com[/td][td]13[/td][td]16[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Jimmy Burch, Fort Worth Star-Telegram[/td][td]jburch@star-telegram.com[/td][td]16[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Joe Giglio, The News & Observer[/td][td]jgiglio@newsobserver.com[/td][td]12[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Joe Person, The State[/td][td]jperson@thestate.com[/td][td]20[/td][td]23[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]John Heuser, Ann Arbor News[/td][td]jheuser@annarbornews.com[/td][td]15[/td][td]19[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]John Hunt, The Oregonian[/td][td]johnhunt@news.oregonian.com[/td][td]20[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]John Moredich, Tucson Citizen[/td][td]jmoredich@tucsoncitizen.com[/td][td]20[/td][td]25[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Jon Wilner, San Jose Mercury News[/td][td]jwilner@mercurynews.com[/td][td]15[/td][td]17[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Joseph Duarte, Houston Chronicle[/td][td]joseph.duarte@chron.com[/td][td]16[/td][td]20[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Joseph Hawk, Las Vegas Review-Journal[/td][td]JHawk@reviewjournal.com[/td][td]17[/td][td]23[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Kevin Pearson, Riverside Press-Enterprise[/td][td]kpearson@PE.com[/td][td]16[/td][td]20[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Kirk Bohls, Austin American Statesman[/td][td]kbohls@statesman.com[/td][td]19[/td][td]25[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Kirk Herbstreit, WBNS-AM/ESPN[/td][td][/td][td]18[/td][td]24[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Mark Tupper, Decatur Herald & Review[/td][td]mtupper@herald-review.com[/td][td]22[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Matt McCoy, WTVN-AM[/td][td]mattmccoy@clearchannel.com[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Mike DeArmond, Kansas City Star[/td][td]mdearmond@kcstar.com[/td][td]16[/td][td]20[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Mike Prater, Idaho Statesman[/td][td]mprater@boise.gannett.com[/td][td]24[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Mike Strain, Tulsa World[/td][td]mike.strain@tulsaworld.com[/td][td]20[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Molly Yanity, Seattle Post-Intelligencer[/td][td]mollyyanity@seattlepi.com[/td][td]19[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Myron Patton, KOKH-TV[/td][td]mpatton@okcfox.com[/td][td]22[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Neal McCready, Mobile Press-Register[/td][td]nmccready@press-register.com[/td][td]19[/td][td]23[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Parrish Alford, Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal[/td][td]djrebels@livejournal.com[/td][td]21[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Paul Arnett, Honolulu Star-Bulletin[/td][td]parnett@starbulletin.com[/td][td]20[/td][td]24[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Pete DiPrimio, Fort Wayne News-Sentinel[/td][td]pdiprimio@news-sentinel.com[/td][td]20[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette[/td][td]rfittipaldo@post-gazette.com[/td][td]18[/td][td]16[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Ray Ratto, San Francisco Chronicle[/td][td]rratto@sfchronicle.com[/td][td]16[/td][td]19[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Rich Kaipust, Omaha World-Herald[/td][td]rich.kaipust@owh.com[/td][td]21[/td][td]24[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Rodney McKissic, Buffalo News[/td][td]rmckissic@buffnews.com[/td][td]16[/td][td]18[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Scott Rabalais, The Baton Rouge Advocate[/td][td]srabalais@theadvocate.com[/td][td]19[/td][td]24[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Scott Wolf, Los Angeles Daily News[/td][td]scott.wolf@dailynews.com[/td][td]19[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Steve Batterson, Quad City Times[/td][td]sbatterson@qctimes.com[/td][td]22[/td][td]25[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Steve Conroy, Boston Herald[/td][td]sconroy@bostonherald.com[/td][td]13[/td][td]14[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Stewart Mandel, SI.com[/td][td][/td][td]15[/td][td]21[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Tom Hart, College Sports Televison[/td][td]writerfeedback@cstv.com[/td][td]14[/td][td]14[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Tom Keegan, Lawrence Journal World[/td][td][/td][td]16[/td][td]21[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Tom Mulhern, Wisconsin State Journal[/td][td]tmulhern@madison.com[/td][td]17[/td][td]20[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Tommy Trujillo, Santa Fe New Mexican[/td][td]ttrujillo@sfnewmexican.com[/td][td]22[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Wayne Phillips, Greeneville Sun[/td][td]sunsports@xtn.net[/td][td]16[/td][td]--[/td][/tr]

[/table]

Archived