USF #18 in AP Poll!

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,808
  • Days Won:  213

I'd like to know what meatheads actually feel UCF deserves a top twenty five ranking. That is BS imo. A moral victory over Texas and a beat down of Memphis added to barely hanging on against NCState isn't exactly the definition of wowing me. Sure-- one could compare our season to theirs so far BUT we have beaten RANKED teams for the past three years. I'mnot saying UCF couldn't conceivable be that good-- but they have hardly earned it imo

perhaps they are getting some wierd initial bump where voters are confusing UCF with USF.

either that or there is a dart board involved

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

The one guy who didn't vote for us...  I would love some of what he is on

Matt McCoy  WTVN-AM

1 Southern Cal

2 LSU

3 Florida

4 Oklahoma

5 West Virginia

6 Texas

7 California

8 Ohio St.

9 Wisconsin

10 Rutgers

11 Boston College

12 Oregon

13 Virginia Tech

14 Georgia

15 Clemson

16 Kentucky

17 South Carolina

18 Penn St.

19 Missouri

20 Alabama

21 Hawaii

22 Arizona St.

23 Nebraska

24 Cincinnati

25 Purdue

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I don't know how you vote for Cincinnati and not us.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

That is his homebase so I can at least understand the Cincy vote... but Purdue? Nebraska? ASU? Hawaii?  He really believes those teams are better than us?

• Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  0

Actually,the e-mail was returned becuase the list had a bad e-mail address. So I'm resending it as follows. I hope it meets the approval of my critics:

Mike,

I noticed in your AP TOP 25 voting the last couple of weeks, that you may not be real familiar with the USF Bulls.  Seeing that you're in Boise State Bronco Territory, we have many similarities to your local Bronco football program.  We have only had a program for 11 seasons and our coach has quickly built a powerful program .  Much like your local Broncos of last year, we hope to be given every opportunity to play in a major bowl game this year.  However, we really want to get the word out about our program, especially to our friends west the Mississippi.  As I'm sure you must know, we have a big game against West Virginia on Friday.  We also have a difficult schedule against many great teams in the emerging Big East this year.  If we are successful against the Mountaineers and others, we hope that we can make a BULLIEVER out of you, as well!

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  585

Be glad you guys have a decent coach.  :throwup2

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Congratulations to Cincinnati. It's the first time they've been ranked in football since 1976.

• Content Count:  4,642

can we now add "top 20 ranking" to our milestones list?

• Content Count:  247

Matt McCoy - WTVN Sports

1279_1135001942.jpg

Matt McCoy has been part of the WTVN sports staff since 1996.  Born and raised in Valparaiso, Indiana, Matt came to Columbus in 1983, as a freshman at Ohio State University. He was a 4-year letter winner in swimming and served as a team captain his junior and senior years.  Matt graduated in 1987 with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and his radio career started soon-after. His first paying job was in 1988 as a part-time news and sports reporter for WCOL-AM (now AM 1230, Progressive Talk, WTPG).

Matt's career path includes 2-years (1990 & 1991) as the play-by-play announcer for the now defunct Columbus Horizon of the Continental Basketball Association.  The following year he was the announcer for the Fayetteville (North Carolina) Flyers of the Global Basketball Association.  He returned to Columbus after that and worked on a variety of morning shows, including "Woody and the Wake-Up call", on sister station 92.3 WCOL-FM.

Matt's covers all of the Columbus sports scene for 610 WTVN, but his primary duties are reporting on Ohio State Football and Basketball.  For the past 5-years he has also served as the play-by-play announcer for High School Football on both 610 WTVN and AM 1230, Progressive Talk, WTPG.  In 2003, Matt was named Ohio Sportscaster of the year by the Associated Press.

Matt and his wife Michelle have two children, Ana (born March 11, 2003) and Jonathan (born January 12, 2005) and they live in Gahanna.  A lifelong Chicago White Sox fan, Matt has yet to return to earth after the Sox won the World Series in October. He can now die a happy man.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Archived