USF #18 in coaches poll

Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

Wow, interesting things happening in the BE right now.

1) UConn, whom none of us seem to be worried about, will likely be 6-0 going into their game vs Louisville on 10/19 (and it's arguable now that they could win it!), with cupcakes Akron and Virginia in their way.

2) Cincy, who continues to spank everyone they face on the field, will likely be 5-0 and ranked when they play Rutgers on 10/06. They have L'Ville and Pitt after that, arguably very winnable games for them, before they come to Tampa on 11/03. Since their only opponents have been cupcakes, Rutgers will likely be a litmus test for them. If they win at RU and we win against WVU, that would probably set up a conference showdown on Nov. 3rd against two top-15 teams for the Big East crown! Who would've thought?!?! If, however, we lose to WVU, UCF, or Rutgers, the big showdown could be on 11/17 between Cincy and WVU.

3) Syracuse? Need I say more?

4) Louisvills? Need I say more? I wouldn't consider them down and out, with two cupcake games against Utah and NC State before their game against UConn, they could climb back into the rankings.

5) Pitt - might not be as much to worry about as we thought earlier in the season. Dave W. might be on the hot seat...

6) Rutgers - games against Maryland and Cincy might help us decide whether they are overrated or not.

While the L'Ville loss wasn't what any of us wanted to see for the Big East, it sure makes things interesting, doesn't it?

GO BULLS!

I must be hungry... I used the word "cupcake" three times in that post... haha!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Faza, in regards to your #4, Louisville could very easily drop their next game against Utah as well. Syracuse was supposed to be a cupcake game for them, and they ended up giving up 38 points and losing to one of the worst teams in the country. And just last week Utah spanked UCLA.

Good point, GoBulls84, I forgot about that Utah-UCLA game. I guess we can't really consider anyone a "cupcake" against Louisville anymore, huh!

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

1) UConn, whom none of us seem to be worried about, will likely be 6-0 going into their game vs Louisville on 10/19 (and it's arguable now that they could win it!), with cupcakes Akron and Virginia in their way.

Virginia sucked their first game but are 3-0 in the ACC now.  They are tougher than Akron, that's for sure.

But yeah, UL losing to Syracuse does make things interesting.

• Content Count:  635

Virginia sucked their first game but are 3-0 in the ACC now.  They are tougher than Akron, that's for sure

yeah, and probably better than UConn.

but congrats USF!

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Cincy?  How bout Syracuse?  Beating the Ville @ the Ville. 

They're 1-3. They shouldn't be getting any votes.

I could see the argument for Virginia being a good team. But, they barely beat UNC by 2 pts, didn't beat Duke by much, and lost pretty badly to Wyoming. They do have a win over Georgia Tech, but GT is 2-2 overall and 0-2 in the conference. I can see why they shouldn't be considered a guaranteed win, but I could also see how UConn would have a good chance to come out on top.

• Content Count:  594

I want to know how FOUR coaches managed to vote Florida #1. Have they watched any of the games other than Tennessee? Florida barely escaped Oxford with a win yesterday, and they couldn't even put Troy away at home. Florida has some pretty severe issues, specifically on defense.

Archived