Parking lot 6D

BDYZR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

Ok, great game, nice crowd, deafening noise when needed, etc., etc.

Can anyone explain to me why those of us with 6-D parking passes were shoved all the way back to the general parking lot?

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  92
  • Days Won:  0

What time did you get there?  We were there about 9:30 and it was filling up fast.  Maybe it was filled to capacity by the time you got there.

Time had nothing to do with it!

It was roped off behind the trees that we always park under. The parking guy said USF ropes of where we're allowed to park.

He also said they wasted a lot of space because they roped off way more than needed.

I'm just curious. I upped my donation to get better parking and now they've made it worse.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  552
  • Days Won:  1

The problem is the yahoo's moved the rope back.  Lot 6ND had a majority of the tree area, now that area is reserved for 6VA.  The area remained empty while parking for 6ND filled rather quickly.  I don't know who to contact but someone should point that out specially if a person has reserved parking and is relegated to general parking.

I guess I should look before I complain. I have 6/VA. It's the 6D pass that moved us from under the trees while they had no one parked in the lot directly behind the port-o-lets. If they SOLD that many more tickets, or had that much money donated, I'm ok.

If they're giving away passes, then something needs to be done.

The section under the trees didn't fill up until sometime after 11:30.

• Content Count:  869

I guess I should look before I complain. I have 6/VA. It's the 6D pass that moved us from under the trees while they had no one parked in the lot directly behind the port-o-lets. If they SOLD that many more tickets, or had that much money donated, I'm ok.

If they're giving away passes, then something needs to be done.

The section under the trees didn't fill up until sometime after 11:30.

It didn't just happen to you.  The parking guys for 6 saw that my pass said varsity, there was a huge, huge space block off for varsity and they sent me across the lot where this guy was double stacking cars to face each other - this was not the parking A crew.  These guys had no idea what they were doing.  The guy was pointing me where to park while standing in front of my car and continuing to gesture me, the only way to get around him would have been to hit cars he pointed to park to the right and left.  If I see these characters on Friday, no way I will follow their directions again. 

• Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

If it filled up then it's justified.

I too am a tailgater and like to get there early, but some people buy the reserved parking so they can get there late and still get in and out easily.  They pay the money, that's their choice.

I do wish they would somehow reserve the tree areas for tailgaters.

• Content Count:  552
  • Days Won:  1

Who is in charge of making the decision where the rope is hung to differentiate between parking areas?

• Content Count:  1,158

With the departure of Mike Lewis this past year, the fun of RJS parking has fallen on my shoulders.  I'll take all complaints.  The lots change from week to week as we anticipate how many people will show up.  We've sold more donor parking this year than any other year previously.  Especially at the green jacket level which is the group taking up all of Lot 6D.  I anticipated most season ticket holders showing up this week for UNC and perhaps over estimated.  My worst fear is not allocating enough spots for each donor section.  Thus my rationale for how much space I set aside for each section.  I ran out of green jacket parking for Elon and they had to start parking them in the varsity section.  Homecoming will be even worse as we accomodate the Alumni Association tailgate that takes up most of Lot 6D.  It will be a pretty similar look this week for WVU as it was this last week.

Let me know if you have any comments.

Eric

• Content Count:  1,142

Eric, What time will Lot 6D open on Friday?

Archived