No Bullsh!t from a Tar Heel Fan....

SanDiegoBill

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

I hope for a well-played, injury-free game tomorrow for both teams.  If UNC's young guys can muster up some chutzpah on defense, it should be a competitive game.  I believe we can score on USF, but am not sure what to think of our D.  In the last two games, we've played the old "matador defense" and have looked pretty bad.  I see you guys have a QB that can scramble well and throw well.  This may be our undoing, but maybe not.  We'll see.

Let's hope the storm is a non-factor.

So far this year, your Bulls have really impressed a lot of people nationwide.  I hope you continue your success the rest of the year (after tomorrow, of course).   

GO HEELS!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Thanks and we hope you guys have a safe injury free game, your fans have a good time, and you get an L  ;)

You could really teach something to a couple of the other heels that are over in another thread on this board!  Heres to good and injury free game  :cheers

Bull Dozer, no matter how hard I try, I just can't keep some of the children from showing their rear ends when they go visiting other sights.  They seem to forget how irritating trollers are when they come to our board.  ::) 

PS  What's with UCF ans USF all-of-a sudden winning the NCAAA FB lottery?  Seems like one day you're FB program is an unknown, then the next day you guys are beating up on Auburn at home, then you are ranked in the top 25 and UCF is damned near whipping Texas.  I hope that Coach Davis can perform similar miracles for our near-dead program.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Bull Dozer, no matter how hard I try, I just can't keep some of the children from showing their rear ends when they go visiting other sights.  They seem to forget how irritating trollers are when they come to our board.  ::) 

PS  What's with UCF ans USF all-of-a sudden winning the NCAAA FB lottery?  Seems like one day you're FB program is an unknown, then the next day you guys are beating up on Auburn at home, then you are ranked in the top 25 and UCF is damned near whipping Texas.  I hope that Coach Davis can perform similar miracles for our near-dead program.

Well it certainly helps to be in one of the if not the best high school football states in the country.  For us its been about hard work recruiting kids that have GREAT work ethic and talent, and having great coaching to get the absolute best out of them.  It also helps that Leavitt is good at finding kids that fly under the radar.  As for UCF they really havent done much lately except that bowl season a couple years back.  They almost eat Texas but thats all they have is a bunch of almosts and ifs over there (and a new stadium).  They haven't accomplished anything of note in years and the best win they have to hang their hat on is beating Alabama a number of years back in a season where Alabama won 3 games.  Don't let the hype fool you they have a long way to go over there in Orlando.  Good teams win the  big games, bad or average teams almost win them.   

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

San Diego Bill, I know you don't know any better but, don't ever compare us to UCF.  Ever.  We are light years ahead of them, are 2-0 against them, are in a BCS conference (which they aren't).  They try to compare themselves to us and tell everyone who will listen they are our "rivals".  We want nothing to do with them, we've got bigger and better things ahead.  That's why we cancelled our 4 game "rivalry" series that was forced down our throats by CUSA when we left for the Big East, and instead have scheduled a series with Miami.  There are 4 BCS schools in FL: USF, UF, FSU, and UM, that's it.  I wouldn't compare an ACC school in UNC to some mid major non BCS team...see what I mean...

By the way, to answer your question, we've been making noise for a while, but the rest of the country is finally starting to catch up and realize what is going on.  We have beaten top15 opponents the past 3 years.

• Content Count:  10,219

thanks and rots of luck on sat.

after that go win all the rest of your games

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

UCF has 5 wins in their last 16 tries, and an "almost win" over Texas.  They play in a conference that's about one iota higher than the Sun Belt.

No comparison.  None.

Sorry about the UCF comments/comparison.  After doing a little more homework on the two programs I see exactly where you are coming from.  I'm ready for my tasering any time you guys are ready.  :o

In spite of my previous "uneducated" comments, I still feel that USF is accomplishing success at a pretty phenominal rate....  and doing it in a league that lis significantly tougher top to bottom than the ACC.  Rutgers, WVU, Louisville (not sure what happened against Kentucky) and USF are all programs which could see a shot at a BCS bowl, depending on how much they beat each other up during conference games.

In any event, I'll be pulling for you guys to win the Big East this year even if you don't let the Heels sneak out with a victory  tomorrow.   

Archived