Less than 4000 seats left for West Virginia?

Bulls Are We

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Per the Oracle blog:

For West Virginia:

McGillis said the number of fans expected is “approaching†50,000 fans not including the 12,000 student tickets. The capacity crowd at Raymond James Stadium is 65,675.

The student section in the upper deck will range from sections 302-305 (near entrance A) and 341-344 (near entrance B). Nine sections of the upper deck have been sold out for Friday, but I’m uncertain of which sections.

Students can begin camping out for Mountaineers/Bulls tickets on Sunday at 5 p.m. in the Sun Dome parking lot. Cooking will be allowed. The basketball arena will be open for students to use restrooms and security will be patrolling the parking lot at night.

The ticket office will open at 6 a.m. on Monday morning and the plan is to have the line move quickly as six additional ID card scanners will be used to keep the line moving. The goal is to allow plenty of time for students to attend an 8 a.m. class on Monday.

Tickets will be available throughout the week and the Sun Dome office will remain open until 6 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday tickets will be available from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. and on Friday from 7 a.m.-noon.

Any questions? Want to share your new ticket experience? Sound of in the comments section and I'll answer or try and find an answer for you.

-Brendan Galella

http://www.oraclesports.blogspot.com/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

That's the latest update I have, if you don't have a ticket I'd get on it quickly. Student tickets are expected to go quickly too that 's why they began the camp out for student tickets.

• Content Count:  936

Agreed.

If we win on Saturday, expect sell out status top of the week.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Sellout by middle of next week.

First, must beat UNC.

• Content Count:  3,307

This is going to be right up there with the Bucs' Super Bowl party as the craziest crowd ever in that stadium.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I predicted (well at least hoped for) a sell-out of this game a while back, but I think you are reading that wrong.  The number of fans expected is approaching 50,000 (+ 12,000 students).  That doesn't mean 50,000 tickets have been sold.  I would think it means given the pace of sales and historical data on walk-up sales, USF expects to sell 50,000 by game day. 

That being said the number available cannot be that many.  The lower bowl is completly sold out and the 4000 seats in the upper deck are reserved for students.

• Content Count:  3,103

I predicted (well at least hoped for) a sell-out of this game a while back, but I think you are reading that wrong.  The number of fans expected is approaching 50,000 (+ 12,000 students).  That doesn't mean 50,000 tickets have been sold.  I would think it means given the pace of sales and historical data on walk-up sales, USF expects to sell 50,000 by game day. 

That being said the number available cannot be that many.  The lower bowl is completly sold out and the 4000 seats in the upper deck are reserved for students.

the upper deck is seating the 4,000 student tickets as well as the 9 sections already sold out up there?  or are the student sections in the upper deck included in the 9 sections sold out?  i think we should have close to 50,000 if not more already sold, not including student tickets.

• Content Count:  5,903

Just curious, how did they set up RayJay for Super Bowl XXXV? It held 75,000 with the extra bleachers. I doubt they will ever do that short of another Super Bowl... but, just curious since it could be done.

• Content Count:  157

THe lower bowl holds 42,500ish and that is full. So if the "number of fans expected is approaching 50K" and that is not including the 12K (8 lower 4 upper) for students that would mean they are expecting to sell 50K tickets between the lower and upper parts of RJ. Add to that the 12K we are at 62K as rought estimate for game.

Based on what the Oracle Blog says we would be about 3k short of a sellout. I'm sure with a win over UNC we can find another 3K for a Friday night. My guess is if at 3:30ish Saturday afternoon we can stop worring about the sell out one way or the other.

*** Extra bleachers were added to the south endzone and I think some in the north around the ship. I believe that is only a super bowl event, they don't even consider it for Buc's games.

• Content Count:  3,307

Right. The NFL requires 70,000 seats in order for your stadium to host a Super Bowl. The temporary seats bring the capacity up to like 73,000.

Archived