We Need ESPN College Gameday..

MarketingGuy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN will NEVER come to raymond james.. this is the stadium with huge murals of people like derrick brooks and mike clayton on its sides.  why in the hell would college gameday want those images in their backdrop?  If Ray Jay wasn't so Pro-NFL in how it is decorated, they maybe, MAYBE it happens... even then, i doubt it.  Pitt's stadium doesnt have as much steeler crap on it as RJS has bucs stuff.  and the steelers are similar in color to the panthers, so it at least looks like a home stadium.

bringing ESPN College Gameday to RJS is like brining a girl to hook up with back to your parent's house when you are grad student.. it just ain't happenin.

Three questions for you

1- Have you ever been to Heinz field?

2- Have you ever been to a game where gameday was at?

3- Do you even watch Gameday?

I am pretty sure by your post the answer to all 3 is NO

I have done all 3 and the bottom line is a field with people with signs behind them is the same no matter where you are.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

See the things we miss out on playing in Daddy Glazer's house?

And before a few of you whine about me bringing it up, this thread has everything in the world to do with the OCS debate.

I'll leave it at that.

No it doesn't.  As has been mentioned, gameday has been to off campus stadiums and pro stadiums.  You don't think that they would go to Miami next year?  It's about the story and match-up, not the stadium.

Please refrain from highjacking every thread you can think of with this.

• Content Count:  936

See the things we miss out on playing in Daddy Glazer's house?

And before a few of you whine about me bringing it up, this thread has everything in the world to do with the OCS debate.

I'll leave it at that.

No it doesn't.  As has been mentioned, gameday has been to off campus stadiums and pro stadiums.  You don't think that they would go to Miami next year?  It's about the story and match-up, not the stadium.

Word.

• Content Count:  348

If there's a big game in Gainsville/Tallahassee/Miami the next day would it be possible to move up there over the night and do like a 2 day College Gameday special?

I dont know if its ever been done before, but yes the FSU vs Alabama game is the next day in Jacksonville.

• Content Count:  478

I teach at one of the biggest football schools in america and they set up gameday outside my office (i know bc i couldnt go to work that saturday) and my office is like a mile or 2 away from the stadium. In fact it is separated  from the rest of campus by a river and a hospital .  the gameday that we had (we meaning my employer) was the BEST gameday i have ever seen on TV or been to in person - it was truly electric.

That said, I have NO doubt that if USF hosted gameday that it would be just as spectacular! You don't need an OCS you just need a good football team and amazing fans. We have both so what is everyone arguing about!? Sheesh - its friday - go to MacDintons and have a beer people! :)

• Content Count:  1,528

MikeG, right on. I don't want that douche Chris Fowler here to cover our game and tell everyone how much he hates us.

• Content Count:  936

I teach at one of the biggest football schools in america and they set up gameday outside my office (i know bc i couldnt go to work that saturday) and my office is like a mile or 2 away from the stadium. In fact it is separated  from the rest of campus by a river and a hospital .  the gameday that we had (we meaning my employer) was the BEST gameday i have ever seen on TV or been to in person - it was truly electric.

That said, I have NO doubt that if USF hosted gameday that it would be just as spectacular! You don't need an OCS you just need a good football team and amazing fans. We have both so what is everyone arguing about!? Sheesh - its friday - go to MacDintons and have a beer people! :)

Beautiful!! :clap:

• Content Count:  400

ESPN will NEVER come to raymond james.. this is the stadium with huge murals of people like derrick brooks and mike clayton on its sides.  why in the hell would college gameday want those images in their backdrop?  If Ray Jay wasn't so Pro-NFL in how it is decorated, they maybe, MAYBE it happens... even then, i doubt it.  Pitt's stadium doesnt have as much steeler crap on it as RJS has bucs stuff.  and the steelers are similar in color to the panthers, so it at least looks like a home stadium.

bringing ESPN College Gameday to RJS is like brining a girl to hook up with back to your parent's house when you are grad student.. it just ain't happenin.

Three questions for you

I have done all 3 and the bottom line is a field with people with signs behind them is the same no matter where you are.

Actually, I've been to/done all 3 at some point in my life.  If college gameday were to ever come to tampa, it sure as hell wouldnt be at RJS, where the stadium visually bleeds Buccaneers.  unfortunately, around the stadium, there are no city landmarks that College Gameday would like to put in their backdrop.  the only thing i could think of that would be cool would be channelside-- and that's WAY to far from the stadium. 

• Content Count:  400

go to MacDintons and have a beer people! :)

yuppie-country?  no thanks.

• Content Count:  1,812

Three questions for you

Actually, I've been to/done all 3 at some point in my life.  If college gameday were to ever come to tampa, it sure as hell wouldnt be at RJS, where the stadium visually bleeds Buccaneers.  unfortunately, around the stadium, there are no city landmarks that College Gameday would like to put in their backdrop.  the only thing i could think of that would be cool would be channelside-- and that's WAY to far from the stadium. 

You either do not want to understand or are wrong about all 3

I find it amazing that they moved the Empire State Building to the Rutgers Campus last year; I mean I saw it all red on ESPN during the game so it must be on campus.

Somehow they manage to do the worlds largest sporting event (Super Bowl) and all the shows that come with it without the Buccaneers bleeding through.

I really can not explain to you the concept of a field any better; try going to the game tomorrow and go behind Legends field and you will see a great location to set up shop for Game-day; all it take is a stage and a bunch of people behind them and then a bunch of what they call file footage.

Our vacant field would be no different than Army's except they could go in Legends field when the lightning came; and not have to worry about being in a restricted area.

Archived