Friend Report: Line at Sun Dome

Economics_Nerd82

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

I didnt have a problem with people at the Sun Dome, however the line wasnt long when I went, and I have had problems with employees there before.

Also, about the wristbands......you can slip it on and off. I put mine on the first hole, and it just slipped off easy enough.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,078

great, just another reason for students to get in fights at the game

• Content Count:  1,911

If you hate the "faggy" wristband so much, you could always not go to the game.

Good Lord, YOU'RE GETTING INTO THE BIGGEST GAME IN SCHOOL HISTORY FOR FREE and you all are still complaining.

Technically, it's not free. I dont need to worry about the whole armband thing, but for a full time student (we'll call it 30 credit hours per year, the minimum to advance a "level") they pay roughly $345 in athletic fees. I think for that price (esp. considering they don't have any say in it) I think they have the right to complain.

Good Lord, YOU'RE GETTING INTO THE BIGGEST GAME IN SCHOOL HISTORY FOR FREE and you all are still complaining.

Technically, it's not free. I dont need to worry about the whole armband thing, but for a full time student (we'll call it 30 credit hours per year, the minimum to advance a "level") they pay roughly $345 in athletic fees. I think for that price (esp. considering they don't have any say in it) I think they have the right to complain.

Except the $345 gives them tickets to football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, and softball games.  That's what, 50-60 games per year or more?  Not bad when you consider what you get for that value.

• Content Count:  1,254

OK time for 2 cents...

First off this is a terrible quick solution the brainiacs at the Athletic office came up with. My first thought was the people who are going to get the band and ticket, then decide noon is too early for them to get up. Or that they get called into work and cannot end up going. Just like any other ticket sale, you have number of tickets sold and number who actually show up.

As for the problem with wearing the bands all week...All I did was snap it lightly so it wouldn't completely lock and once I got to the car it popped off easily. All my girlfriend did was put it on loose enough to slide it off her hand. Come one guys, are you really going to let these fools outwit you?

Thirdly, this whole companion situation is going to be really bad if there is no distinguishing feature in the ticket. Now what my friend told me was that the companion ticket looks the student tickets we usually receive, and he bought one because his brother comes to all the games with us. They told him the same thing about as long as he's with him. So I hope the 4,000 remaining tickets look the same as this white with aqua color on it.

I honestly think this is just a test for next week. Don't be surprised if this procedure doesn't work how they wanted and everything gets changed for WVU. I think we should do a lottery like all the other schools, or do something with seniority (more credits=greater chance of tickets). I am happy the student body is showing an interest, but it is disappointing they the team is getting love now they are ranked. All of a sudden these Gator and Nole fans have been Bulls all along.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I agree....if you don't want to get up....don't complain....there was a huge line...they are doing a good job to keep it moving....i stopped for grins and giggles for some friends of mine that are students....they said if they do not have wrist bands for the game...they will not be in the lower bowl....this came from the gentleman in front of the sundome giving directions to students....

• Content Count:  1,633

I am complaining because implementing the system 2 days before the first time they use the system is stupid. Making us put the wristbands on beofre they pass the ticket through the window is stupid. What is the point of that? Are we all in college or in elementary school.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

i see your issue man....with the winds of change comes struggles....hopefully they will have it all worked out....for nursing students or even medical students...the wrist bands will be no go's in the OR.....MRSA and VRE can live on those bracelets and in many hospitals now...there is a policy when it come to things of that nature...so those individuals in the medical or future medical profession doing clinicals or cycles are screwed on getting the early passes and having to wear the wrist bands all week.....so I can see a problem with the wrist band thing

• Content Count:  398

This one of the main reasons why I haven't left the HOT. Besides the fact that I love it... I don't worry about seating or tickets at all. I don't go through a little metal gate, and I never wait in line. I'm surprised people don't know about this and that the band isn't gigantic yet.

I wish everyone the best of luck. :) See you at the game!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,971
  • Days Won:  436

This one of the main reasons why I haven't left the HOT. Besides the fact that I love it... I don't worry about seating or tickets at all. I don't go through a little metal gate, and I never wait in line. I'm surprised people don't know about this and that the band isn't gigantic yet.

Hopefully there aren't any Al Qaeda sleeper cells in HOT ....  ::)

Archived