Joey Johnston is a putz

ProudBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

that is not a valid compairison.

minnesota's hand is being forced for a couple of reasons....

first, the metrodome is over 25 years old.

second, it is about to be torn down in a few years UNLESS the university buys it.

third,  it is one of the worst professional sports arenas still in use.

fourth, they are an established football university with large football boosters and revenue from the new "big 10 network" will help finance their stadium.

i dont t hink there is anyone who is saying that dont WANT an OCS for USF, but at the same time, there are a lot of us who want it done right.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

USF has only been playing for 11 years and things like an OCS take time.

Kizarvexis

Right.

Like building a program from scratch into a team in the national title picture.........that takes time.

11 years, right?

Yeah, who thought that would be possible?

Once again, you and many others feel one way.  I and many others feel differently.

Strawberries and oranges. Recruits and media attention are one thing, $200 million is something else entirely. Unless you just won the powerball?

Kizarvexis

(Sigh)

Once again, is anyone calling for ground to be broken next week?

Put in your Miracle Ear and listen one.....more.....time......

Just would like to see some sort of plan, indication, timeline, effort being made to work toward the establishment of an OCS fund.

I will send my first check (won't be millions, but it will be what I can do) as soon as this happens.  And I know thousands of others who will do the same!

by the way, did anyone realize that the Metrodome is like 2 miles from campus......

Guest JulmisteForPrez

i dont t hink there is anyone who is saying that dont WANT an OCS for USF, but at the same time, there are a lot of us who want it done right.

I do as well.

However, my definition of right (unlike some others here) need not include 24-karat gold urinals and seatbacks with massage pads.

Build a COLLEGE FOOTBALL STADIUM, seeing as how we are a COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM, and all.

Too many USF fans are spoiled by Daddy Glazer's palace.

there are a lot more pressing issues on campus with other facilities right now.  Ray Jay is fine.  fans love it, opposing fans love it, players from both teams love it, only problem is that it has bucs logos.  i think the fans make the atmosphere way more then the labels on the seats and section signs.  just drop it.....

Guest JulmisteForPrez

there are a lot more pressing issues on campus with other facilities right now.  Ray Jay is fine.  fans love it, opposing fans love it, players from both teams love it, only problem is that it has bucs logos.  i think the fans make the atmosphere way more then the labels on the seats and section signs.  just drop it.....

Just drop it?

Not going to happen.

You like Raymond James Stadium.  Fine.  Enjoy it.

Those of us who agree with the University of Minnesota's logic (as well as countless others) will continue to let our voices be heard.

We are that "background noise that is suddenly becoming louder" that was being talked about in the article from earlier this week.

And by the way, no.......not all fans love Raymond James.

• Content Count:  16

the only way i'd want an on campus stadium is if it was something that players gravitate toward. personally, i think rayjay is probably a great recruiting tool because, let's face it, college ball is just a means to the nfl end for the top players. playing in an nfl facility might not be a bad thing.

ucf's stadium is weak. they'll have some nice attendances early on just because it's new but then they'll fizzle out b/c their program sucks and no one wants to watch mediocre football. the stadium looks like a glorified high school stadium anyway and i would be disappointed to see something like that at usf. it'd be a step back, imo.

all that really matters is getting good players. that's what will win games and what ultimately brings fans. just win baby. auburn's atmosphere couldn't do anything about our speed. ill take a noel devine over an on-campus stadium and lame cheers any day, so find out what those guys like and cater to them. if leavitt says it's dining, then get them dining. he's the one in their livingrooms. hell let us know when the stadium becomes an issue.

• Content Count:  385

LET ME SAY ONCE AGAIN, I APOLOGIZE FOR STARTING THIS THREAD AND FOR HAVING A NEGATIVE THREAD TITLE.  IT WAS A MISTAKE.  IT WAS MOSTLY THE HEADLINE THAT TICKED ME OFF.  I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE TACTFUL. 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

LET ME SAY ONCE AGAIN, I APOLOGIZE FOR STARTING THIS THREAD AND FOR HAVING A NEGATIVE THREAD TITLE.  IT WAS A MISTAKE.  IT WAS MOSTLY THE HEADLINE THAT TICKED ME OFF.   I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE TACTFUL. 

No problem.

It's a perfect example of how anyone who has a dissenting opinion is looked upon by some of the more active members of this board.

Sad.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

He has an article on how USF still doesn't have an OCS and UCF does.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:(

Let it frikin' die already.   IT IS NOT A BAD THING THAT WE PLAY IN RAY JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to UCF for their new stadium.  It's great for them.  As a USF fan.  Who cares????

First of all, it took them 28 years.  We have the luxury of playing in, what many consider, the best football stadium in the country.  It's not excatly a necessity for an OCS at this point.  We have a nice new athletic facility, our kids are playing in a BCS conference and yes, that means we can play for a National Championship.  

We have a lot going for us at this point.  We have been smart about building the program from day 1 and we have been fiscally responsible while we have done it.    Why throw all the money into an OCS and choke off the program when we can play in one of the finest facilites in the country?  

Let's keep doing it the right way.  Let's keep growing and we we will build one when the time is right.

Archived