USF Players Taunting Auburn Students?

Who'sYourData?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

Oh give me a break, how was our band to know that Auburn''s band has the exclusive right to play their little alma mater song.  What a load. 

It's this kind of attitude that marks the difference between established programs that both win and lose with dignity and the brash nouveau riche personality we are drawing for ourselves.

we have a winner...

also, i have got tons of people to start watching USF and following the team up here and there are no telling how many times I have heard comments of "what the hell is up with your fans?" when the cameras have panned the crowds.  football games are not a contest to see who can dress the gayest or get the most camera time, you don't have to dress like you are going to compete on MXC to attend football games. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,260

Keep in mind...this was a game that was won in OVERTIME. It's not like the outcome was determined with minutes left to go. Basically Grothe throws the ball, Hester runs it in, the stadium was quiet for a second or two...and then our section exploded. There wasn't exactly time to think about any of it.

Anyhow, one last thing....anyone notice how in the hour before the game...anytime our band played or our fans started to chant...the stadium music was cranked up to drown it out? My brother and I kept noticing that.... Guess that's one of their hallowed traditions as well....

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

football games are not a contest to see who can dress the gayest or get the most camera time

You mean you didn't like the guy who decided to wear a spandex track onesie to the game?

I also had a problem with the guy who mocked how Auburn students dress for games by painting a green and gold tie on his chest. Everyone talks about how our football team doesn't have any traditions, but they don't seem to notice that our "tradition" seems to be fans, especially students, acting like a bunch of hooligans.

• Content Count:  12,293

I also had a problem with the guy who mocked how Auburn students dress for games by painting a green and gold tie on his chest.

a few students do that for every game.  i saw a couple guys with those "ties" on at the elon game.

this whole thread is pathetic.

change your dirty diaper and grow up.

that article from that auburn student was just silly.  i cant believe the crap rag that is the oracle acknowledged that, knowing that it was littered with a bunch of false statements.

if you dont want to be taunted...win the **** game.

i dont agree with taunting but im not ready to hang a player or program because it might happen. specially in a freakin OVERTIME win in a hostlie enviroment.

• Content Count:  9,038

I could not hear AU's band play from Section 35, even when there was no play going on or during a TV timeout.  I only heard them during halftime.

So, it is likely that the HOT didn't even know the AU band was playing...

• Content Count:  5,910
  • Days Won:  5

The complaints were apparently completely isolated. AU fans were telling me congrats after the game, and all being really cool (the whole time). I walked from one end zone to the other to be with USF fans, and I didn't once hear anyone saying "they need to shut up over there, that's classless". AU fans were in shock at the loss.

Any time you celebrate on an opponents field, it is going to be a sticky situation, however, AU fans know why we were celebrating, they know it for the same reason they were ticked about losing to us. They are freaking AUBURN, cream of the crop, they know it is an accomplishment to come to their field and beat them.

I loved my whole trip to Auburn, and I don't think that a majority of the 80k fans there thought we did anything wrong. If anything, the "over-rated" chant is retarded. I don't know how we get our fans out of that one, but it needs to go.

• Content Count:  2,580

I also had a problem with the guy who mocked how Auburn students dress for games by painting a green and gold tie on his chest.

a few students do that for every game.  i saw a couple guys with those "ties" on at the elon game.

this whole thread is pathetic.

change your dirty diaper and grow up.

that article from that auburn student was just silly.  i cant believe the crap rag that is the oracle acknowledged that, knowing that it was littered with a bunch of false statements.

if you dont want to be taunted...win the **** game.

i dont agree with taunting but im not ready to hang a player or program because it might happen. specially in a freakin OVERTIME win in a hostlie enviroment.

Is it possible to agree 110%?

• Content Count:  2,363

if that is true about the band, that is absolutely **** poor form by the USF band.  As the football team becomes more of a staple of the university, all other facets surrounding the team need to grow with it, including the band and more importantly the fans in general. 

I'd be interested to hear what truth lies in the account the young lady gave. Her credibility's already shattered with the fact that our team "took" shakers from the ROTC (as we saw on video what really occurred); I wonder if the big bad battle of the bands was actually as described or if it was what happens at nearly every game I've been to with two bands present--at the end of the game, both bands strike up to play their fight song/alma mater at the end of the game as is customary, playing at the same time as one another, which this time resulted in USF "playing over" Auburn's alma mater. Because if that was merely the case, well, she should get out more.

• Content Count:  143

"We couldn't even have two minutes of peace to concentrate on our blessings instead of focusing on the loss."

I would recommend you don't drink so much before the next game so you can get up in plenty of time for church. 

• Content Count:  12,293

that whole "letter" is on some 'we are auburn, we are better then you, we deserve the world, how dare you beat us, how dare your band play music, how come you stole my lollipop"

again, same on the oracle for even acknowledging this.  what is going on over there at that paper?  get a clue

Archived