USF Players Taunting Auburn Students?

Who'sYourData?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

if that is true about the band, that is absolutely piss poor form by the USF band.  As the football team becomes more of a staple of the university, all other facets surrounding the team need to grow with it, including the band and more importantly the fans in general. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

If you watch the video on the home page of gousfbulls.com, you can see several of the navy rotc students throwing their pom poms at our team, which technically is battery.  This happened less then 10 seconds after the TD, so it was not a retalitory act.  I hope AU ROTC reprimands it's students for this behavior.  Maybe someone can email the writer of that letter to the Oracle's editor a link to the video and let them see who actually was throwing pom poms.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

if that is true about the band, that is absolutely piss poor form by the USF band.  As the football team becomes more of a staple of the university, all other facets surrounding the team need to grow with it, including the band and more importantly the fans in general. 

I believe this was the first big away game win for the band, wasn't it? Were they at WVU or Pitt?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

If you watch the video on the home page of gousfbulls.com, you can see several of the navy rotc students throwing their pom poms at our team, which technically is battery.  This happened less then 10 seconds after the TD, so it was not a retalitory act.  I hope AU ROTC reprimands it's students for this behavior.  Maybe someone can email the writer of that letter to the Oracle's editor a link to the video and let them see who actually was throwing pom poms.

As pointed out elsewhere, the pompoms came out after one of our players pointed and laughed at them, so it was kind of retaliatory .... and the pointing and laughing probably hurt worse than the pompoms.  ;)

• Content Count:  594

I'm really upset to hear the HOT played during Auburn's alma mater, because that's amazingly disrespectful. I'm sure they had no idea they were interrupting anything, but they really should have been informed about this ahead of time, as it's not exactly an isolated tradition, they do that all over the place.

• Content Count:  1,378

Oh give me a break, how was our band to know that Auburn''s band has the exclusive right to play their little alma mater song.  What a load. 

• Content Count:  1,260

if that is true about the band, that is absolutely **** poor form by the USF band.  As the football team becomes more of a staple of the university, all other facets surrounding the team need to grow with it, including the band and more importantly the fans in general. 

Auburn fans were real classy...but let's be real here. I was there in that stadium.. and if the players had 'shakers" it's because fans were pegging them in the head with them. How else do you think they got them? It was the biggest win in school history, absolute pandemonium for us.  So the band chose to play into the excitement of the 2,500 visiting fans there? Big deal. We were a fraction of the crowd that was there...confined to a narrow corner of the stadium filled with orange shirts. Is the complaint that we were supposed to stop our celebration to listen to the Auburn Alma Mater? According to "proper ettiqutte", players should have given each other high 5's, allowed fans to throw shakers at them happily....then players, coaches, fans and the band should have quietly lined up and listened to the hallowed traditions of Auburn University. C'mon now.... Sounds good in theory...but not in real life.

Look...I agree that as fans, we're still in a learning process. But by my estimation...in a sport where teams stomp on opposing team's logos (FSU-Miami), beat the name of the opposing school with jackhammers (Oregon), have QB's mockingly "leading the band" (Florida, Tennessee, et al. ) as well as doing coordinated intimidation dances (Hawaii - the Haka)....HOT playing to a few fans is EXTREMELY minor. Sounds to me like some ppl take themselves a bit too seriously. This is football...not church.

• Content Count:  594

Oh give me a break, how was our band to know that Auburn''s band has the exclusive right to play their little alma mater song.  What a load. 

It's this kind of attitude that marks the difference between established programs that both win and lose with dignity and the brash nouveau riche personality we are drawing for ourselves.

• Content Count:  1,433

Given the configuration of our Band relative to theirs, it is highly likely that our Band didn't even know they were playing.  Band members know the importance of timing and are considerate of each other in that way...this girl is just a whiner.

• Content Count:  2,580

That's a load of crap.  I'm sure those players "had taken Auburn shakers from these members of our armed forces."  Try, the shakers were thrown at them.  Sorry you didn't get to hear your Alma Mater b/c our band was playing.  I didn't get to hear our band b/c your fans were cheering too loud.  I'm all in favor of respecting the history and tradition of Auburn, and I had a great time, the fans were easily the most respectful bunch I've ever seen, and I want our fans to act that way as well.  You have to draw a line somewhere though w/ the respect thing.  What's next, people complaining that we have the nerve to wear Green and Gold and disrespect the opposing team's white-out or whatever color they wear?!

Archived