USF Players Taunting Auburn Students?

Who'sYourData?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

imo, the whole na na na na hey hey hey goodbye was waaaayyyyy out of line.  the auburn fans were wonderful to usf fans the entire day, even AFTER the game.  it was complete disrespect in their house, its not like they are anywhere close to a rival of ours that warranted such a display.  it was pathetic.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

imo, the whole na na na na hey hey hey goodbye was waaaayyyyy out of line.  the auburn fans were wonderful to usf fans the entire day, even AFTER the game.  it was complete disrespect in their house, its not like they are anywhere close to a rival of ours that warranted such a display.  it was pathetic.

Right now I think a lot of our fans have a huge chip on their shoulders about the disrespect thing and just wanted to vent. It takes time for a fan base to become totally big time also ...... We'll get there. From all I've heard, the AU fans were great and throwing the na na na stuff in their face didn't appear to be called for... if it was, didn't hear it on TV.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

I agree if we want to be a big time program, we don't taunt opponents when we get the big time win.

BUT....How do we know that Gachette/Denson was not pointing and smiling to some USF fans in that section?  I saw USF fans disbursed throughout that end zone.

And what's with the guys in uniform throwing the pom poms with sticks attached?  I don't know if they were ROTC, local air force guys or what, but geez if they aren't disciplined, we're all in trouble.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,808
  • Days Won:  213

I know young fans feel the need to gloat after a win and all that but telling every single Auburn fan that you walk by on the way back to the shuttle bus "sorry we ruined your season" is bad form.

I would prefer good game. Those folks were nothing but nice to us the entire time-- and that is their MO--- and even if you think they do that only because we are somehow inferior or considered an easy win before the game starts, I've heard this from everyone who ever attended a game there-- Gators especially. Bama is another matter entirely but hey-- they are allowed to hate someone.

I wish we could just begood sports regardless of what happens in games. If we could be more like Auburn fans in general--- that would be something to brag about.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Sour grapes, disgruntled fans grasping at at perceived wrongs to make themselves feel better.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I didn't see anything.

My brother and I high-tailed it out of the stadium, kept our heads down, and were on the road by 0200.

The few Auburn fans that told us "good game" got the same back from us.

With the exception of 4 AU fans in our section (2 men and 2 women...the 2 guys were drunk as hell and were talking **** an hour before the game), I can say that I loved the AU fans.

By the way, how the hell did 4 AU fans end up in the middle of our section?  I was in Section 35, Row 37, Seat 21....they were in Section 33.

Don't get me wrong - I am not a bad-mouther of opposing fans.  But when you turn around to me and say "Hey, your jerseys are real cute.  You look like Notre Dame fans!", don't expect me to be nice to you.

• Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

Sour grapes, disgruntled fans grasping at at perceived wrongs to make themselves feel better.

Agreed, that's most likely what was happening.

I saw our player point to the ROTC guys, but that's not a big deal. Maybe they had been screaming obscenities, etc. Auburn fans didn't seem to have a problem with their CB David irons taunting opposing players/fans and talking trash all last year. Instead, he was perceived as an "emotional leader", a much needed spark, etc.

This is just a bunch of whining because their big powerful SEC image got punked by USF and the Big East. I hope our fans chanted "U-S-F!" and "Big East Football" at them all night long.

• Content Count:  134

"Don't get me wrong - I am not a bad-mouther of opposing fans.  But when you turn around to me and say "Hey, your jerseys are real cute.  You look like Notre Dame fans!", don't expect me to be nice to you."

Dude, I would've asked the guy if he wants to wear the jersey, cause we were playing like notre dame.

Look, out  of 84,000 fans, not everyone is going to be educated about USF's brief history of your program.  I realize how big of a win it was for you guys.  I personally didn't see anything that warranted the throwing of the shakers at your guys. 

I'm starting to think when we had the 2004 season, we got a lot of bandwagoneers that don't know how to be true Auburn fans.  And  I apologize for it.  I posted on AUnation, that I think this is somewhat our rebuilding year.  I just hope some of the classless friends rebuild with them.

War Eagle

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

No apologies necessary.  I was mostly concerned that we may have done something warranting a retailiation.  If it was #7, I'd guess it was Courtney Denson pointing to someone he knew in the stands as kind of a "this is why I transferred".  I could see it being taken the wrong way, but I wouldn't consider that over the top.  I'm sure it was a bigger win for him than anyone else on the field. 

Otherwise, it was an emotionally draining game.  I can certainly understand fans that have been through four hours of that kind of emotion back and forth overreacting a tad.  Throwing shakers isn't exactly dangerous. 

• Content Count:  5,241

I tailgated in the middle of a huge Auburn area next to some dorms, and they were all very hospitable, with the exception of a few drunken fans who threw beer at our van when we drove in, and a few others when we were walking to the stadium.

As for USF players taunting the students: SO WHAT? Fans can taunt, why not some harmless we showed you taunting? You gotta give and take!

Overall Auburn fans were very hospitable and a great example, with of course very few exceptions.

That Eagle flying into the stadium was incredible!   

Good luck to Auburn for the rest of the season.

Archived