Auburn not overlooking USF

Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

From the Tracking the Tigers blog...

NO OVERLOOKING USF

Tuberville said no one need be concerned that his football team will take Saturday night's game against South Florida lightly. Auburn players, he said, understand just how talented the Bulls are.

"They know," Tuberville said. "They understand the type players they have, the success they've had and the speed they have on their team. They understand how tough a game it is going to be. It's going to be as tough or tougher than last night.

"The only thing we can worry about is trying to get our guys playing better. I think we'll play better this week."

South Florida opened its season Saturday with a 28-13 victory over Division I-AA Elon.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

we are a BE team who barely beat a 1aa team. the players will think we are overhyped.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,289
  • Days Won:  29

we are a BE team who barely beat a 1aa team. the players will think we are overhyped.

I think so also ... atleast some will. And they will not be ready for our SPEED !!!

• Content Count:  1,532

I think so also ... atleast some will. And they will not be ready for our SPEED !!!

Speed and Ford's bulldozing abilities  ;)

• Content Count:  23

I'm hoping we at LEAST have a different game plan.  KSU's D was very fast.  Also, we have played and practiced against defences that are equal to or faster than USF.  Not trying to flame anyone, just reminding some of you that your defensive speed is not necessarily unique.  It should be a good game at any rate.  Good luck.

I'm hoping we at LEAST have a different game plan.  KSU's D was very fast.  Also, we have played and practiced against [glow=yellow,2,300]defences that are equal to or faster than USF[/glow].  Not trying to flame anyone, just reminding some of you that your defensive speed is not necessarily unique.  It should be a good game at any rate.  Good luck.

Well, not really.  There aren't that many defenses equal to or faster than USF. 

From what I saw on the replay, USF's defense is faster than Auburn's and KSU.

It will be quite a defensive battle... I would expect 21 points will be enough to win.

• Content Count:  291

The SEC teams all have speed b/c they get talent from the south. Our entire team is from the South, we have maybe 5 players total out of the state of Florida, it doesnt get much faster than that.

• Content Count:  23

Saturday will prove one of us wrong.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

my concern is that we do not appear ready to play an SEC top 20 team, in an away game no less.  We were flat against Elon the first half, and really most of the game. We cannot start off the game the same way this Saturday and expect to have a chance.  The good thing is we usually are a decent second half team.  But the SEC teams, Auburn included, have a lot of depth, a fairly large O line, and are usually difficult to contain for 4 quarters.  I hope Leavitt will properly prepare our team for this one - or else it will be a long game.....

Win, and we are really in for an exciting season.  Go Bulls, this is an important game......

• Content Count:  29

I'm hoping we at LEAST have a different game plan.  KSU's D was very fast.  Also, we have played and practiced against [glow=yellow,2,300]defences that are equal to or faster than USF[/glow].  Not trying to flame anyone, just reminding some of you that your defensive speed is not necessarily unique.  It should be a good game at any rate.  Good luck.

Well, not really.  There aren't that many defenses equal to or faster than USF. 

From what I saw on the replay, USF's defense is faster than Auburn's and KSU.

It will be quite a defensive battle... I would expect 21 points will be enough to win.

I believe the fact that South Florida has an extremely good offense but i think its a little silly for you to say ur defense is better than Auburns give me some facts in that opinnion

Archived