Game Against Elon

usfgrad84

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think the offense has to make a statement in this game.  We need to make it early and put about 50 points up.  I know Leavitt  says doesn't like to play for the rankings, but it's important to really have an offensive show this weekend.  If we want to be reanked I think it is  very important.  The thing that held us out of the top 25 was the question marks on offense.  Last night UL waon 73-10, Rutgers 38-3.  Even Cincinnati put up 59 points.  Winning games is one thing, but we are also playing another game within the game now.  That is pe eption.  We need to blow out teams in a big way and show the poll voters and bowl committees that we are an exciting team and keeping up with the progress of the other teams in our division.

I want to see about 50 points and Ford and Taylor go over 100 each.  Time to really make a show.  We don't need to show the whole playbook, but we need to rm it down there throats. 

It will be more like Rutgers... 38-3... because CJL will be giving the ball to the RBs a lot... and when you run a lot the game clock doesn't stop as often, meaning you have fewer plays..

Now, consider U of L had a punt returned for a touchdown, and three "drives" of 1 or 2 plays for TDs....  that's 28 points in less than 80 SECONDS of game time... Rutgers had four "drives" of less than two minutes each... Cincy had a pick-6 on defense, and took the ball away 6 times...

Can USF's special teams or defense score? Sure.  Can we be +4 or +5 on turnover margin? Maybe.  Can Mike Ford break a 60-yard TD run? Will CJL let Grothe throw down the field to Taurus Johnson for an 80-yard TD? Maybe.

The game plan will be a heck of a lot of running, especially on first or 2nd down, with some short, controlled throws here or there... USF's offense looks more like West Coast than the air-it-out attack from Kragthorpe or the "Cat-Attack"...

Oh, and with Brohm and Rice needing extra stats for their Heisman race... their coaches left them in a heck of a lot longer than they should have.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

IMO its more important to NOT show Auburn our entire package on offense than it is to run it up on Elon. I think that a 21 point win would do just fine. No need to run up the score. If we continue to win throughout the season the voters will come around.

• Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

IMO its more important to NOT show Auburn our entire package on offense than it is to run it up on Elon. I think that a 21 point win would do just fine. No need to run up the score. If we continue to win throughout the season the voters will come around.

Agreed.

• Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

I dunno about running points up...  You think it's gonna scare anybody?  Let's run the points up on auburn !

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol I hope so, mutt

Archived