A quick survey of news stories...

Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

Rutgers- USF predictions from the Star-Ledger...

These are reporters for the NJ Star-Ledger

Tom Luicci: Rutgers 24, South Florida 17 -- A lot of Bull(s) on this sked. RU pulls out its Louisville effort here.

Alex Delanian: South Florida 24, Rutgers 17 -- Matt Grothe had an average game, Ray Rice blew up, and USF still almost won last season. Teel must match up with Grothe for Rutgers to remain undefeated.

Steve Politi: Rutgers 24, South Florida 20: A victory should have the Scarlet Knights well entrenched in the top 10.

Chat transcript with Gene Collier form the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette...

Reidfumbles2much: Gene, are you becoming a fan of Big East football yet? The conference has 3 solid teams with South Florida up and coming, dare I say better football than the Big 10 and Pac 10?

Gene Collier: I'd say you dare not, but I am becoming a fan of South Florida, which I seem to cover repeatedly for no apparent reason. I've seen Pitt at South Florida, South Florida at Penn State, South Florida at Pitt, and -- oh there it is again -- South Florida at Pitt Nov. 24 on my assignment schedule. I've covered this team more than some columnists in Tampa!

----

jimmy_g: Is the absolute best anyone should expect from the Pitt football team this year is a 7-5 record?

Gene Collier: Let's see, Eastern Michigan, Grambling, Navy, that's three. Cincinnati, Syracuse, that's five. You see any other wins there? Connecticut. Maybe six. South Florida? The Bulls? That's a tough seventh. At Michigan State, at Virginia, at Louisville, at Rutgers, at West Virginia -- any wins there? Maybe Virginia, but doubtful, especially coming off that tough home loss against Connecticut.

Big East preview from the Washington Post...

Dark Horse: South Florida will prove the Big East is more than a three-team race. The Bulls return 16 starters, most notably quarterback Matt Grothe, last season's the Big East newcomer of the year. Grothe completed 63.7 percent of his passes and also led South Florida in rushing. As the season progresses, freshman running back Mike Ford, the most heralded recruit in the program's history, should increasingly figure into the offense's plans. The best news: Both West Virginia and Louisville will play the Bulls in Tampa. The Sept. 8 game at Auburn will serve as an early barometer.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  157
  • Days Won:  0

3. South Florida: Rutgers gets all the ink as the Big East's next best alternative to West Virginia and Louisville, but South Florida is not far behind. The deep and experienced Bulls have beaten the Mountaineers and Cardinals within the last two years, and get both in Raymond James this fall. If true freshman RB Mike Ford is as good as advertised, USF has a chance to be this year's Wake Forest.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7164822

• Content Count:  3,574

OK, is it Saturday yet?

I can't wait!

Plane leaves Friday!

3. South Florida: Rutgers gets all the ink as the Big East's next best alternative to West Virginia and Louisville, but South Florida is not far behind. The deep and experienced Bulls have beaten the Mountaineers and Cardinals within the last two years, and get both in Raymond James this fall. If true freshman RB Mike Ford is as good as advertised, USF has a chance to be this year's Wake Forest.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7164822

This has been posted three times now.  Thanks, tho.

:cheers

• Content Count:  157

Yeah I'm just slow..... :-[

• Content Count:  12,293

dont worry metro..jim has a habit of making a post to tell people their post has been made before.

he is a little overzealous when it comes to those things.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

He's new, too.  That's a LOT of threads to sort through.

dont worry metro..jim has a habit of making a post to tell people their post has been made before.

he is a little overzealous when it comes to those things.

Yup. Proud of it, too!!  >:D  >:D  >:D

Reason being... if we had two or three threads on a bunch of topics, things get bumped down on the index very quickly... sometimes the mods just merge threads together other times they get moved to the appropriate board.  I know people can't be on here all day and night like your truly, but when I'm away for some time, I will make sure to at least scan all "new" threads to see if a topic has been posted before posting something myself...

Plus, I subscribe to the RSS feed, so I can see posts without even coming to TheBullspen.

• Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

You have not yet felt the wrath of "The Sig"...    ;)

• Content Count:  12,293

dont worry jim,  i hope you realize i am kidding with you.

i think you make a lot of great contributions to the site.

Archived