Carlton Hill Gone??

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I told you I expected big things from Carlton this year.  This sucks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

I told you I expected big things from Carlton this year.  This sucks.

well in the story about this topic Leavitt was quoted as saying that Hill would of taken a redshirt this season anyways....

who knows.  carlton might go down as one of the biggest mysteries in USF's program.

• Content Count:  1,254

In all honesty I won't miss this kid at all. Don't need poor attitudes like that bogging down the program. Time to move on. Best of luck to him.

Let's not go overboard.  Unless you have inside information, I've never heard anything about Hill having a poor attitude.  In fact, I've always gotten the impression he is a pretty good guy.  Academic issues doesn't always mean lazy or bad attitude.  If college was easy, everyone would do it.

Problems with the law and in the classroom:

What would you prefer to call it if not attitude?  ???

Yes, I was referring to off the field issues. I'm sure he is great with the team, however he's been given many chances and to me it sounds like he's frustrated with not being the face of the program like he had a chance to be.

When it comes to college, it is not that difficult for these players. They are given much leeway, and I really don't feel athletes are the same as the rest of the student body. College football is more like the minor leagues...I guarantee some of the players wouldn't have made it to the university had they applied just for regular academics rather than recruited for football. Many just barely make the clearinghouse (not taking anything away from the great student athletes we have).

• Content Count:  7,890

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND THERE IS STILL A CHANCE

Carlton Hill Won't Play For Bulls in '07 

By Larry R. Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Posted Aug 29, 2007 

USF junior quarterback Carlton Hill won’t be eligible to play for the Bulls for the ’07 season USF officials announced Wednesday.

USF junior quarterback Carlton Hill’s attempt to rejoin the Bulls hit a snag when officials announced that he won’t be eligible to play for the Bulls for the ’07 season Wednesday.

Coach Leavitt said that academic problems will most likely keep Hill from re-joining the Bulls for the ’07 season.

USF officials said they thought Hill met the requirements to rejoin the team but wasn’t accepted by USF admissions, and are appealing the decision. If the appeal is denied, Hill will most likely return to junior college to get his AA degree with hopes of returning to the Bulls in ’08 with two years of eligibility left.

If Hill can complete what needs to be done in the classroom Coach Leavitt said he will still have a scholarship waiting at USF.

When Hill signed with USF in 2005, he was a 4-star recruit and the #13 QB in the country coming out of Jefferson County HS of Monticello, FL.

Hill saw limited action with the Bulls as a true freshman, but during the spring of ’06 academic issues caused Hill to transfer to Pearl River Community College. 

While at Pearl, Hill played slot receiver, then replaced an injured Mike Greco to help lead the wildcats to the State Championship game where he passed for 273 yards with 3 TD’s including a 36 yard TD to Demetrius Byrd, with 44 seconds left to win the game. In five starts at Pearl, Hill passed for 940 yards and 10 TD's on the season.

Hill attempted to rejoin the Bulls this summer while waiting to be admitted to USF. He worked out as a safety, then switched to wide receiver, and then back to quarterback before finding out that academic problems would delay his return.

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

You'll have to refresh my memory, I don't recall the legal issues.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

He had sex with a girl literally in his high school.  He was 18 (or older) and she was under 18.

• Content Count:  12,293

He had sex with a girl literally in his high school.  He was 18 (or older) and she was under 18.

big deal....  ;D

• Content Count:  4,503

In all honesty I won't miss this kid at all. Don't need poor attitudes like that bogging down the program. Time to move on. Best of luck to him.

Let's not go overboard.  Unless you have inside information, I've never heard anything about Hill having a poor attitude.  In fact, I've always gotten the impression he is a pretty good guy.  Academic issues doesn't always mean lazy or bad attitude.  If college was easy, everyone would do it.

Problems with the law and in the classroom:

What would you prefer to call it if not attitude?   ???

Well since JL said he would have a scholorship waiting for him and he hadn't even attended a class I would call it typical college bs that tries to kill alot of classes taken at junior college.  Sorta hard to have a bad attitude in class when you aren't even there. 

• Content Count:  2,523

If USF is smart, they get this guy in there.  He can do a lot more for the university on the field than many who graduate with degrees from USF as far as bringing money in.  As far as I'm concerned, let athletics be separate from academics.  Give them a major in whatever sport and teach them how to be a coach in that sport and give them some sort of "education" degree for when they get out if they can't academically cut it otherwise.

• Content Count:  66,125
  • Days Won:  172

take care

best of luck

Archived