First Day of Class

outrunner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like there has been a lot more USF gear worn not only on campus, but even in public places. Further, I've seen the Our Shirts being worn in places like Barnes & Noble (both on north and south dale mabry locations) and Panera (not the one by campus).

We still have a way to go, but compared to past years, I see a definite improvement.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

What if they are graduate students who went to another school for their undergraduate degree?

• Content Count:  2,363

Funny you should bring this up. I'm going to go back to school in the spring. Unfortunately Florida is a ticking time bomb because of the insurance problem, so I decided to stay here. But I wouldn't dare wear my USF gear on the UT-Arlington campus. Even if that guy has a UConn degree, it's a real slap in the face to wear someone else's gear on campus. If you don't want to get too involved with the school's extracurricular activies, that's OK, but don't do something like that.

(At least I picked a school that doesn't have a football team.)

See, I think differently about this. When I was at USF, I wore gear of my alma mater sometimes, and now that I work at another school, I (only occasionally, since they pay me here) wear gear from both of my alma maters and have an office full of USF and UMBC 'nalia. I think having a degree from said institution is a perfectly legitimate reason to wear their gear on a campus you attend or work at--perhaps the only one. After all, if not for my degrees form USF and UMBC, I wouldn't be working here in the first place.

• Content Count:  4,142

I would say 85% of my clothes are USF

the other 15% being dress shirts and paints for work ;)

Truthfully, I don't think I own more than 3-4 shirts that aren't USF shirts...   I sport my colors everyday, and have been doing so for years. I own the fabled green jacket, about 30-40 hats/visors, socks,  Shorts, boxers, beach towels, mufflers,...  I even have green shoelaces. I just need a good pair of USF shoes.  (I was gonna jack Bullsmania's before I knew he was a cop...   ;))

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I asked one girl if she was lost yesterday... she looked at me weird for a moment. Then I pointed out that this wasnt UF and we dont wear blue and orange. Her retort was near pricless... "I wanted to go to UF, but my grades aren't good enough so I support them down here." I laughed and walked away.

Good for you. That girl is just dumb. You needed to explain to her, that she was rejected by them. So why should she keep supporting someone who said "you're not good enough". We must convert these people. Join the Darkside of the force.

• Content Count:  7,890

I would say 85% of my clothes are USF

the other 15% being dress shirts and paints for work ;)

Truthfully, I don't think I own more than 3-4 shirts that aren't USF shirts...   I sport my colors everyday, and have been doing so for years. I own the fabled green jacket, about 30-40 hats/visors, socks,  Shorts, boxers, beach towels, mufflers,...  I even have green shoelaces. I just need a good pair of USF shoes.  (I was gonna jack Bullsmania's before I knew he was a cop...   ;))

They have USF Flip Flops in the Bookstore

• Content Count:  3,307

Jamie:

You're kidding, right?  UTA has zero school spirit.  Ninety nine percent of the students there couldn't name their school mascot.

I can - it's the Mavericks. And their colors are... orange and blue! Noooooooooooo!

I still don't want to wear USF gear on that campus and be That Guy, because I know how much it would make me mad if I was still at USF and ran into that stupid girl who couldn't get into UF. But I'll keep the U sticker on my car, how's that.

• Content Count:  1,457

With the first day of class now in the books at USF, I have to say I was extremely disappointed and disheartened. I hardly saw any USF gear being worn today, in fact there wasn't even that much green and gold being worn. I hope it picks up as we head to the weekend. I will say, my favorite thing from the day was when someone I knew went up to a guy wearing a UConn basketball jersey and told him "wrong school". The guy just grinned and walked away. It made my day. I hope everyone starts doing that from now on. That's all it takes, is a "WRONG SCHOOL".

At least the UCONN dude is a BE supporter - trying to find the good in it.  That is dissapointing.  Maybe it is due to the anticipated tuition increases coming and students can not afford to buy gear?  The boosters should print up plenty of USF tee's and distribute on campus each day until halloween!  We all know that right school is South Florida!

• Content Count:  1,254

All you can worry about is yourself...I just wear my gear everyday, and try to get my friends to do it. Unfortunately not everyone cares about football or other athletics, they are there for a degree.

• Content Count:  9,038

Does anyone have a class with any of the football players?

Archived