With a full stadium...

Economics_Nerd82

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Someone make sure the marching band doesn't try and start it. That was the absolute worst when I was there. USF would have the ball, and then in the next section over, some girl would squeal, "Let's do the WAVE! YEAAAAAH!"

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,289
  • Days Won:  29

The majority of fans obviously like it ... because it happens.

It doesn't bother me and will join in if it doesn't bother my viewing.

FYI: I started the wave at the first Orlando Magic Home Victory.  ;D

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

The WAVE is fun for the family attendee's - no real Man Ball lover likes the WAVE.  We will; however, bite our tongues and participate for the childrens - sake.....WAVE on for the Girls and Families!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

You guys need to loosen up!!!

The Wave rules as long as it's done when the home team is WINNING BY A LOT (i.e. more than 2 scores) and there are a lot of people.

• Content Count:  1,297

You guys need to loosen up!!!

The Wave rules as long as it's done when the home team is WINNING BY A LOT (i.e. more than 2 scores) and there are a lot of people.

I'm with you crambone.........some people seem to have a stick up their 'you know what' regarding this issue.  Who gives a flip if the wave happens or not.  And to the guy who asked me if it matters if we do it on offense because they use hand signals..........anyone who follows football knows that the crowd should remain quiet when the home team has the ball.  DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Who gives a flip if the wave happens or not.

anyone who follows football knows that the crowd should remain quiet when the home team has the ball.

Right there is the reason why some of us give a flip about the wave happening. The majority of people doing the wave go brain dead about football when they do it. Doesn't matter what's happening on the field .... I've seen it done when we've had the ball .... I've seen it continue to be done when our D is backed up to the goalline where a constant roar from the crowd is needed and the mopes are too busy watching the wave go around the stadium to pitch in.

Crambone hit it right ... Do it only when we've got an insurmountable lead.

• Content Count:  1,297

anyone who follows football knows that the crowd should remain quiet when the home team has the ball.

Right there is the reason why some of us give a flip about the wave happening. The majority of people doing the wave go brain dead about football when they do it. Doesn't matter what's happening on the field .... I've seen it done when we've had the ball .... I've seen it continue to be done when our D is backed up to the goalline where a constant roar from the crowd is needed and the mopes are too busy watching the wave go around the stadium to pitch in.

Point of my comment......people need to be responsible about the wave......don't look at me though when the crowd is doing the wave with the bulls backed up to the goal line.  Those who care, including myself, won't be doing the wave.  But tell that to the kids and casual fans (who are all supporting USF football with their $$)......tell them not to do the wave.  So again my other point.........RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  1,260

The wave is a universal sign of fan disinterest in the actual game. As the home fans, it's disrespectful to our own team's effort when you have to find "other" ways to entertain yourself on a mass scale. Cheer and scream all you want while watching the game...but the wave should be banned...  ::)

The wave is a universal sign of fan disinterest in the actual game. As the home fans, it's disrespectful to our own team's effort when you have to find "other" ways to entertain yourself on a mass scale. Cheer and scream all you want while watching the game...but the wave should be banned...  ::)

See, and I believe the opposite.  I believe the wave is universal sign of fan interest in the game.  It is usually started by dedicated fans who realize the crowd is not into the game.  So they try to get the wave started... and after it goes for a little while, the fans are usually more active -- cheering and yelling and clapping -- than prior to the wave.

My only stipulation is to do the wave when there is no action on the field... or when the opponent has the ball and is losing by 20-30 points.

In close games, we need a different noise level when the opponent has the ball... and when USF has the ball, we should be respectful and pay attention because Grothe could throw a bomb or Ford could break loose any minute.

• Content Count:  2,363

Point of my comment......people need to be responsible about the wave......don't look at me though when the crowd is doing the wave with the bulls backed up to the goal line.  Those who care, including myself, won't be doing the wave.  But tell that to the kids and casual fans (who are all supporting USF football with their $$)......tell them not to do the wave.  So again my other point.........RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WaveResponsibly.jpg

Archived