Season Tix in Auction

E.T.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

Looks like there was some fervent bidding at the end...I think they sold at $205.00.  I looked at the auction file which is a little cluttered, but I believe that info is accurate.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like there was some fervent bidding at the end...I think they sold at $205.00.  I looked at the auction file which is a little cluttered, but I believe that info is accurate.

Wow, good. That's still a really great price. You are going to see a lot more people bidding earlier now and not waiting last minute.

• Content Count:  12,293

i just think that if a time is set for the auction to end and that time is published from the moment the item is up for auction....then it should stay that time.

it helps with any confusion.  this was my first time ever following anything in the auction site and it doesnt appear to be like Ebay where you can make a bid for the amount you are willing to pay but you will still win it for the lowest winning price.  for example, if i put a max bid of $300 for the 4 tickets and the highest bid was $205, then I would of won for $210.  it doesnt seem that is the case.  all more of the reason to make sure the auction ends when it is supposed to.

congrats to the winner of the tickets. 

Rezz, you are correct.  As it says on the AuctionaBULLS page, there is no proxy bidding - unlike eBay.  However, also unlike eBay, the auction does not end at a scheduled time.  It ends 15 minutes after the last bid to prevent the kind of last-minute "sniping" that takes place on eBay.  Last minute sniping just about ruins proxy bidding anyway.  So it has some good and bad to it.  Also, if you bid early, you will get an email notification when you are outbid.  This comes in nice when you have 15 minutes to jump back in.

I try not to pimp TOO much around here, but I encourage you to use the auction as well as the other freebies provided here.  There are some other things in the making so dive right in.  We aim to provide as many features and services as possible for this online community of Bulls fans.

• Content Count:  2,719

I was in a bidding war with bullypulpit but I had to give way when the bidding reached $200.  We had a good time. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

Yes, bullsmania prevented me from getting the tickets for too cheap. But slaterson will be happy that he is getting a good chunk of his season ticket investment back, and I am happy that I can now bring 4 additional Bulls fans to the games.

Rezz, the end time is listed in the military time format (00:00 to 23:59) and you can see it when you click on the item.

• Content Count:  1,981

Rezz, the end time is listed in the military time format (00:00 to 23:59) and you can see it when you click on the item.

Oh, that's the source of all the confusion then. I thought the auction ended ahead of time because we wanted to encourage people to not wait till the end to bid. wow, I just made a whole telenovela on my mind.

• Content Count:  12,293

yea i saw that time...however, when i was looking at it last night around 11pm it said auction ends at 10:27 or something like that and i figured it was 10am on Sunday but then just above that auction ending time it listed the "current" time  and it said the current time was like 9:45 even though it was actually 11pm so i figured that the clock on the site was a little off and that the auction actually ended around midnight tonight.

oh well....its not like those were the only tickets i could get.  i wasnt even going to use those tickets for personal use since i sit in the student section.  but i was gonna just use them to give out to friends, co-workers, neighbors to try and get them excited about Bulls football.

• Content Count:  241

Yes, bullsmania prevented me from getting the tickets for too cheap. But slaterson will be happy that he is getting a good chunk of his season ticket investment back, and I am happy that I can now bring 4 additional Bulls fans to the games.

yes, i am a very happy guy as a result of the auction.  thanks to all that bid and to bulliever for setting up the auction site.  otherwise i might be sitting on the tickets and as a result, empty seats at game time.

thanks!

These tickets for Saturday night are currently in auction:

4 Club Level tickets for the Elon game available. Section 232 row v seats 13-17.

Archived