FAN FEST WAS AWESOME!!

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

Hitting the first table up on the concourse after exiting the escalator, they were selling the 2007 Media Guides.  This is the truth, would you BULLIEVE, they said they would only accept credit cards or a check for purchasing the book.  Is that insane or what? 

WELL, my hubby asked for the "man in charge" and said to him "What, you don't accept CASH"?  He said it is policy.  Well, anyway after a lot of persuasion he took our $$$$$. 

Great move, by the way, managed to get the players to sign the guide by their pictures/bios.

A great day, and would have been better had it not been quite so hot, and they offered water on the field.

Haven't you seen those Debit Card commercials?

I've seen all of the debit and credit card commercials.  It just blew my mind that good old U.S. currency wasn't going to be accepted.  BUT.....I have to give it to my hubby, no one is as tenacious as he is when it comes to getting his way.  LOL

Mama, did you see the front of the Tribune today?  It has a comparison of last year and this year due to budget cuts.  Mentions cash no longer accepted by certain agencies on campus. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ctbrown24 - This is just a guess on my part, but

19,000 season ticket accounts  x  whatever the number of seats average per account = 75ish.

I think the lower bowl holds somewhere in the 41,000 range.

Average season ticket account must be close to 4-1/4 seats.

GO BULLS!

19,000 is the number of seats, not season ticket accounts.

I'm sure they didn't put a paper on each available seat, just maybe the best ones in that given section.

• Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

of=50,590,442

First tailgate down...    More still to come !!!  It was a very good time seeing all of you. (except for E.T.... ;)) I hope to see more at our tailgates in lot 6D and at the BULL BACKERS exclusive tailgate site on Ohio.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hitting the first table up on the concourse after exiting the escalator, they were selling the 2007 Media Guides.  This is the truth, would you BULLIEVE, they said they would only accept credit cards or a check for purchasing the book.  Is that insane or what? 

WELL, my hubby asked for the "man in charge" and said to him "What, you don't accept CASH"?  He said it is policy.  Well, anyway after a lot of persuasion he took our $$$$$. 

Great move, by the way, managed to get the players to sign the guide by their pictures/bios.

A great day, and would have been better had it not been quite so hot, and they offered water on the field.

I've seen all of the debit and credit card commercials.  It just blew my mind that good old U.S. currency wasn't going to be accepted.  BUT.....I have to give it to my hubby, no one is as tenacious as he is when it comes to getting his way.  LOL

Mama, did you see the front of the Tribune today?  It has a comparison of last year and this year due to budget cuts.  Mentions cash no longer accepted by certain agencies on campus. 

KB you are talking about today's Trib, I presume.  Well, the $$$ issue took place Saturday.  It is irrelevant, really, after all I got the media guide in time to have the guys sign it.

Had a great time anyway. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

We had a great time. I met MikeG, and SpikeBull, one other penner, from Cape Coral, but I can't remember his "pen" name. Looking forward to meeting more and more of you all.

KB you are talking about today's Trib, I presume.  Well, the $$$ issue took place Saturday.  It is irrelevant, really, after all I got the media guide in time to have the guys sign it.

Had a great time anyway. 

Yeah, todays Trib. 

On the very first page, above "The Tampa Tribune" script, it has a 1/4 page summary about budget cuts and the affects at USF.  It mentions the cash issue that is now in affect, just thought it might be related to what happened to you.  New policy.  Just thought I would let you know.  Sounds like a dumb policy to me, but I'm sure there is good reason.

Archived