Would you want 2 more games with UM ?

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'd rather branch out and see who else we could get.

We already have enough Florida teams on our schedule for the next few years.  it's my opinion that we need to broaden the reach of the USF "brand".  I'd like to go back to playing some teams in Texas and the midwest.  maybe some more throughout the SEC and ACC country.  It could help with recruiting and more importantly, it would make USF more interesting when it comes time for the TV networks to choose their nationally broadcast games.

I would be more interested in picking up the North Texas game than Miami right now.  I'd rather be a nationally known team than just a regional, Florida team.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

doubt it will happen.  but if it did, they would immediately become our (unanimous) biggest OOC rival.

• Content Count:  12,293

if we really want to get some national media exposure we need to play in other markets.

look at teams out west, like Fresno St...they hardly played anyone outside of california for how long and no one really knew about them

id like to get the Bulls out and about the country a little more

• Content Count:  10,219

DO IT NOW!

to be a big boy you have to beat a big boy

2008 maybe our best chance to do that

i say go fot it!

• Content Count:  4,210

This would give us 7 away games next year.  There is no way that happens unless another away game is turned into a home game  Big time programs do not have 5 home and 7 away games.  Most BCS programs have 7-8 home games, 6 min.  Sorry, but it isn't happening.

• Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  19

We are not a big time program yet. We need balls to be a big time program... Who cares if we have seven road games. Playing Miami is about credibility. Opening with Miami with a seasoned third year QB shows that we have balls. Playing Tenn-Martin is a nice tune up... but let's be serious. Teams have lost their opener and won the National Championship. Do you want to be like UM or forever be on the outside looking in. If the scenario were possible, I don't think Leavitt would have the cajones to make it happen. Sometimes, I feel like USF football is like watching Rocky Balboa fight... Rocky didn't fight name fighters until after Mickey died. He then took on Clubber Lang, Apollo Creed (in the non-sanctioned practice fight), and then Ivan Drago. We need Mickey to die and schedule another big name. We are not far from the hump... Why get blasted for having a soft schedule like every other team... Let's beef up... take our lumps... Do people really care about Elon next week? But people do care about Auburn. Same could be said with a match-up with the U.

• Content Count:  625
  • Days Won:  1

JimUSFSig "we lose a guaranteed win"

No confidence! I don't see a difference.

• Content Count:  4,210

Only Sun Belt teams play 7 away games.  I am fine with it as long as you replace some of the away games with home games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,808
  • Days Won:  213

We are not a big time program yet. We need balls to be a big time program... Who cares if we have seven road games. Playing Miami is about credibility. Opening with Miami with a seasoned third year QB shows that we have balls. Playing Tenn-Martin is a nice tune up... but let's be serious. Teams have lost their opener and won the National Championship. Do you want to be like UM or forever be on the outside looking in. If the scenario were possible, I don't think Leavitt would have the cajones to make it happen. Sometimes, I feel like USF football is like watching Rocky Balboa fight... Rocky didn't fight name fighters until after Mickey died. He then took on Clubber Lang, Apollo Creed (in the non-sanctioned practice fight), and then Ivan Drago. We need Mickey to die and schedule another big name. We are not far from the hump... Why get blasted for having a soft schedule like every other team... Let's beef up... take our lumps... Do people really care about Elon next week? But people do care about Auburn. Same could be said with a match-up with the U.

::)

Unless of course you count him fighting Apollo Creed in both Rocky and Rocky II and then a series of no ones once he got the belt before then losing it to CLubber Lang.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,808
  • Days Won:  213

and I think this is a bad idea-- we will play them plenty enough and they are the ones who owe US a return game first anyway. Maybe they should move the series up and take less home games-- why does it need to be USF?

This isn't OUR problem. Let Miami find some punching bag to replace North Texas (who they also consider a punching bag). Being the first team they play in Dlphin Stadium is neither historic or necessary imo

Archived