Dumb a$$ BEEF STUD on 620

BULLfreak

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

Too many rules... that's what happens when groups get sanctioned by USF... what you did was good Faza... but to me, college is the time of your life when not being PC will not cost you financially. I'm glad USF supported the tents when we were out there... but at the same time, our lasting memories were created due to the drinking that comes with the college experience. Alcohol consumption is not always appropriate (read my one road trip story back from Southern Miss and the girl I met in Alabama for the night)... but when it comes to football, is there really an alternative? I like you still care about the group... I guess someone has to be accountable for the nimrods... hell, even a more mature Dave Minceberg had to quiet me down every now and then so I wouldn't have screwed everything up. Good luck... At least we all still love USF regardless if some feelings are hurt!

Sheriff, I couldn't agree with you more, privately. College is definitely the time of your life when you don't need to be PC. I miss those tents; I would have really taken more extensive advantage of Greenbergopolis if I'd have known they wouldn't be around for long. The Beef Studs are in the limelight and need to be PC at all times, but I fully advocate nonsense among friends when off the clock... PS when are we hittin' the scene man, I feel like I know you after years of Bulls Pen banter!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

The Beef Studs are not perfect, nor are we all. I am not a Stud, and have seen them do a few things that p!ssed me off, but who hasnt. With that said, it is football season, we are all here for one reason, and that is to supports OUR Bulls. There is nothing wrong with being rowdy, and they are not the only FRICKIN ones that are drunk. I dont exactly condone everything they do, but they are still Bulls Fans. On Saturday (or Thurs or Fri), everybody in that student section becomes my fellow Bulls Fans. The only thing I ask is that the Beef Studs remember that we are their for the same reason they are, to root for our team. If you just come to the game to drink, then $crew you and leave. If you come to the game to root for the bulls, then I am honored to cheer with you. That goes for everybody.

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Talking about our running game and said we can let Ponton run it up the middle  :D

Glad he knows so much about USF football  :ROFLMAO

Wishful thinking - we have to say goodbye to Ricky but Hello to Ford and Crew!  (or to show more respect Williams and Crew)!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with "USF Bulls Football".  There are always a few "bad apples".  I was in the third row of the student section for the 'Cuse game and I saw it all. 

I can say that as long as there is no repeat of that, the Beef Studs have a clean slate in my mind.  New year, new faces, GO BULLS.

• Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

I am not pro or anti Beef Studs, but...

I also heard the call on 620.  The "stud" was generally talking good about USF football.  He and the host were talking about how Grothe would not be forced to run as much due to more rb talent.  The stud mentioned Ford and Ponton, but said it so fast that I'm not sure the host caught on. 

The stud could have been nervous and wasn't thinking or could be clueless that Ponton is gone.  Though most of us on this board know Ponton is gone, some other "casual" fans aren't as up on football current events as we are.  Doesn't make them any less of a fan or a supporter.  The program needs all the support we can get. 

The call was very pro USF and the host told the stud that he would paint himself up with the studs for the L'ville game.

Never enough USF calls to the local stations.  It was good to hear.

Go Bulls.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Let's just all go out this Saturday night and support our team! We are all Bulls. Respect each other.

• Content Count:  1,532

I am not pro or anti Beef Studs, but...

I also heard the call on 620.  The "stud" was generally talking good about USF football.  He and the host were talking about how Grothe would not be forced to run as much due to more rb talent.  The stud mentioned Ford and Ponton, but said it so fast that I'm not sure the host caught on. 

The stud could have been nervous and wasn't thinking or could be clueless that Ponton is gone.  Though most of us on this board know Ponton is gone, some other "casual" fans aren't as up on football current events as we are.  Doesn't make them any less of a fan or a supporter.  The program needs all the support we can get. 

The call was very pro USF and the host told the stud that he would paint himself up with the studs for the L'ville game.

Never enough USF calls to the local stations.  It was good to hear.

Go Bulls.

With that said... why are we bashing the org so much?  I'm not a part of it, and I understand that a few in the org have been horrible in the recent past... but you could say the same things about maybe a 1/4 of the student section.  Drunk people do stuped things.  The Beef Studs to plenty of good... and they arn't part of the university like the band or cheerleaders... they don't have to be professional and sober.  I DO hope they are less drunk and a little more accepting/nice now and in the future... but CAN WE STOP BASHING PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT ATHLETICS?  It's just retarded...

Let the leaders of the Beef Studs know if someone is messing up... stop possible public slander/libel.  These threads have no point.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

This board is so **** bipolar. We ran off HowieP for being "too fanatical" of a USF fan while he called into a radio show, and now some are hating on a Beef Stud for getting some information incorrect. Seriously, I like that the Beef Studs/Chicks bring a little life to the games. It's not a matter of who loves the Bulls the most, its a matter of just support. If you support the Bulls, that's cool in my book.

Stop the hate-fest. If the Studs are going to drink and have fun, let them. As long as the money for alchol isn't being taken from their A&S funding, then it should be OK. Football is about having fun and buliding comeraderie. We're all Bulls fans, now let's get together and sing kumbaya.  ;D

• Content Count:  75

FazaUSF,

Fair enough. I obviously didn't have all of hte details as to what has been done since those incidents. I didn't even know that there was more than one group doing the body painting. Also, I really can't say that it is bad that the students party and stuff before or during the game but if one of your buds starts to get out of control just pull him/her aside. That's all I really care about. Especially if he is getting our of control torwards our own fans or even visiting fans. That's all I care about. Just look our for each other but by all means have a blast at the games. Sherriff is right about college needing to be fun but the other people shoudn't have to worry about getting harrassed. You guys seem to have the matter corrected though. It's cool to see so many students pulling for the team instead of wearing Gators, Seminoles, or Canes gear. Long story short, i didn't have the whole story.

GO BULLS.

• Content Count:  1,981

We ran off HowieP...

::) . Probably less than .05% of the total amount of board members said something negative.

Archived