Dumb a$$ BEEF STUD on 620

BULLfreak

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

What happened to those crazy towel guys?

I think Walter, one of the original towel guys, works for USF now.

After Walter and the other guy retired, it was the fat guy and the tiny kid. Apparently, the fat guy got a girlfriend a UCF and stopped wanting to do it, and the skinny kid went into hiding and doesn't like to discuss his former days as a towel guy...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,096
  • Days Won:  2

I remember that it seemed very cold at ECU in 2003 and they were there with no extras. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,808
  • Days Won:  213

allow me to play devil's advocate for a second here---

Is it possible--- just merely possible--- that the caller was trying to test the radio "expert" and his knowledge of the Bulls team by dropping a name like Ponton into the mix to see if he bit on that?

And if for some reason it was just a bonehead mistake and a misinformed Bull fan--- "Beef Stud" or not-- what purpose does it serve to jump all over these guys at this point in time? We don't know enough about who the caller actually (for certain) was or what the intent of the call was or even the level of knowledge the fan had.

How about we just cut the kid some slack and hope they see this or something and realize that Ponton is gone and that we have many other backs to talk about now. ANd leave this Bull on Bull hating where it belongs--- in the trash can.

Two wrongs do not make a right. When you back the Bulls-- that includes the Bull Nation. Some civility would go further, imo, than hostility because violence so often begets more violence.

• Content Count:  1,812

Ponton is gone?

• Content Count:  19,662
  • Days Won:  255

Maybe they had just finished smoking some of Ponton's hippie lettuce ???

• Content Count:  19,662
  • Days Won:  255

I heard one of them had their stomach explode after they mixed Coke with Pop Rocks :'(

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

why would bullfreak say it was a beef stud then?  is his hatred for the beef studs that much that when he hears a USF make a dumb comment they have to be in this group?

i dont think so....bullfreak probably has a good reason to think it was a beef stud.

I didn't mean to imply at all that BullFreak was the problem here. I'm assuming whoever called said he was a Beef Stud and I'm also assuming that whoever called was lying. Common sense says that someone passionate enough to take time to call a radio station knows who our rb's are this year. It was someone trying to make the Beef Studs or, more likely, just USF fans in general look like idiots ..... You do the math on the type person obsessed enough to do that.  ;)

• Content Count:  618

I think Walter, one of the original towel guys, works for USF now.

After Walter and the other guy retired, it was the fat guy and the tiny kid. Apparently, the fat guy got a girlfriend a UCF and stopped wanting to do it, and the skinny kid went into hiding and doesn't like to discuss his former days as a towel guy...

Wow, I don't know how you found that out, but you're half right. I was the fat kid, and yes I had a girlfriend that went to UCF at the time and regretably transfered over there the next year. The little guy (James) and I had somewhat of a falling out due to a mutual friend we had. We're cool now, but have both since graduated, so we really shouldn't be doing it anymore. We always had a problem with the beef studs being camera whores and crappy fans; James and I always knew all there was to know about USF football. I even had a sports talk show on WBUL back in the day! On that note, I think it may be time to recruit some new Green and Gold guys! If you or someone you know would be interested let me know and I'll be the bankroll and coordinator. Send me a message or respond back to this thread. Ever since I stopped doing it, I wanted to bring it back and get the tradition going again.

P.S. I eventually dumped the chick and transferred bask to USF to graduate, in case you question my devotion to the bulls.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

They have to be doing it for publicity. Would any of you put "BEEF STUD" on your resume and list out the "job" descriptions?

• Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  19

Way to stick with it Bishop... I can appreciate your efforts... and who cares if you were the fat guy and the other dude was the skinny guy... at least you had the moxy to do something for USF. People transfer for various reasons (I transferred so I could give it one last attempt at playing football in college after having shoulder surgery). I don't know if transferring to see a girl is the smartest thing (you could have been banging girls on the side at USF) while telling her how much you love her in O-town. But hell... women tend to grab all of us by the balls every now and then. Congrats on coming back... and congrats on bankrolling some new talent.

Archived