RB Situation

Economics_Nerd82

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Where are we on a starting RB? Seems like Gregory is still debating who is starting. Any chance of Williams starting at running back and Ford playing fullback?

I'm fine with Williams starting against Elon.......incumbent and most experience, and everything.

But if Mike Ford isn't getting the bulk of the carries by week #2, that's not a good sign.

Love little Ben, but like I said before, he wouldn't get off the scout team for most schools.

Right, that is why he is the starter for USF because he wouldn't be on the "scout" team for most schools.  All he did was run and block all last season.  His block in the WV game on mattts pass to Randolph helped us win that game.  Who would want that guy on their team.  Please, all the kid does is play and not make mistakes.  Is he a Steve Slaton or Ray Rice - of course not but not many people are that caliber of RB.  Instead of insulting the guy Mid-Atlantic why don't you try celebrating his accomplishments.

Hey, dabull80....

Instead of insulting my post, why not celebrate its accomplishments?

'Cause nobody should EVER think about posting anything but gloiwing positives about anyone, right?

Funny stuff. 

Using "think" and "posting" in the same sentence is really an oxymoron for you.   And yes, you can rely on me to defend our players when anyone takes cheap shots at them.  Josh Julmiste deserves everything he gets so no I am not all happy about everyone.

You've got a great definition of what a "cheap shot" is then, my friend.

My opinion is that Ben Williams would be a scout team player for most squads.  Is that right or wrong?  Don't know -- but it's my opinion. 

Why is that my opinion?  Because he became the RB by default last year (after Plancher's injury and Ponton's suspension), and he didn't do much of anything until the PJ.com bowl.  And even in that game, his numbers weren't all that great.

So here's a walk-on who hasn't really done much to show he can be a good D-1 running back.  And most of the arguments I'm hearing in favor of him are centered around his "great blocking skills."  Well, that's important, sure.  But we should also be looking for a running back who can....oh, I don't know........run.

So while I'm sure Ben Williams is sleeping better at night knowing you're "defending" him against certain fans' benign opinions, I'll stick with what I've seen and not be bothered by your little vigilante efforts to keep all in USF land as you personally see fit.

But hey.......thanks for the invigorating discussion.

To be honest, the facts behind your posts aren't that far off and the rest IS just opinions, as you said, but where the problem is, IMO, is in your delivery. To put it bluntly, you come across as an ***** ... maybe by design, maybe not... Only you know that.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,289
  • Days Won:  29

With Taylor getting the waiver (I'm shocked by the way) ... I expect him to be our leading Rusher.

Regarding our RB's as a whole ... we are loaded with talent and see 2 RB's with 100 plus yards atleast 5 games this season.

STAMPEDE !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

With Taylor getting the waiver (I'm shocked by the way) ... I expect him to be our leading Rusher.

Regarding our RB's as a whole ... we are loaded with talent and see 2 RB's with 100 plus yards atleast 5 games this season.

STAMPEDE !!!

Wouldn't suprise me either ET, the JL keeps talking about him he really must be something special becuase JL doesn't thow out Kudos that often.  Are you saying both RBs get a 100 yards in the same game or just games with a RB getting at least 100 yards ?  We really only have three tough Ds we face this year so I think our offense could put up some good numbers.  Auburn,Rutgars and Cinci could be tough but otherwise Katie bar the door.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,289
  • Days Won:  29

2 RB's have 100 each  ;D

I think we'll have a Top 10 Backfield in 2007.

Archived