• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0

ncf_collegeball_412.jpg

Mission Is Possible!

The Big East has four Heisman hopefuls and plenty of credibility.

Three years ago, Big East football was discussing disbandment. Now, four conference stars are Heisman candidates. Two teams have national title dreams. Baby steps? More like giant leaps. -Ivan Maisel

rest of story

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,689
  • Days Won:  13

Not a shot in hell

Story doesn't mention grothe after the intro tease... which is odd.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

The other WVU candidate is missing...he's probably angry seeing Grothe there instead.

• Content Count:  253
  • Days Won:  0

The article lists the four heisman candidates from other schools and nothing about USF or Grothe.  But a picture is worth a thousand words, so it's all good.....

It actually doesn't say anything about the Heisman... other than the fact the Big East has four candidates ...

I think the used Grothe to show the Big East has FOUR top teams... not just three.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

It actually doesn't say anything about the Heisman... other than the fact the Big East has four candidates ...

I think the used Grothe to show the Big East has FOUR top teams... not just three.

Perhaps the article was updated since you read it, but it does list the four candidates.  Each will be featured in a Heisman hopeful commercial produced by the Big East during the first four weeks of the season.

Take the Heisman candidates: tailbacks Steve Slaton of West Virginia and Ray Rice of Rutgers, and quarterbacks Pat White of West Virginia and Brian Brohm of Louisville.

The photo got me excited.

• Content Count:  9,038

nice!

Perhaps the article was updated since you read it, but it does list the four candidates.  Each will be featured in a Heisman hopeful commercial produced by the Big East during the first four weeks of the season.

Take the Heisman candidates: tailbacks Steve Slaton of West Virginia and Ray Rice of Rutgers, and quarterbacks Pat White of West Virginia and Brian Brohm of Louisville.

The photo got me excited.

It was in the article before... but the main page of ESPN -- where the photo is -- and it got me excited as well -- didn't say anything to link Grothe to Heisman...

The inference is there b/c it shows Grothe with Brohm, Rice, and Slaton...

But consider this... if ESPN wanted to show the best player from each of the four best Big East teams... not Heisman candidates... the picture would be Grothe, Brohm, Rice, and Slaton...

Archived