Elon game to be televised

LW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

how can ANY bulls fan get FIOS?

as much as i complain about catch 47, they do air atleast 10-15 USF related games a year.

Because BrightHouse sucks!  Their TV service sucks, their video on demand never works, their HD channels look like crap, roadrunner is a joke, and their customer service... well that was the real reason I switched.

Heh, wow.  I've had no problem with on-demand since I decided on brighthouse for catch 47, maybe you need a new TV or better connection for HD, roadrunner is great -- I'm running at 1.2MB/s (10Mb/s) at cheaper than the FIOS plan, don't need customer service so far, so I'm sorry you switched if you ever want to watch catch 47.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

much like any company....there will be mixed opinions.

i have friends who have fios and they say some of the same complaints you just mentioned.

i have never had a problem with bright house on-demand or the road runner service and ive been a subscriber for over 5 years now.

i just hope that this is a sign that catch 47 is gonna step up their coverage.

hands down, best thing about bright house is baynews 9.  the sports connection every night at 11pm has some of the best tampa bay area sports coverage anywhere.  again, i just wish it was more bulls then bucs but we all know that wont haappen

• Content Count:  1,457

I don't think that Tampa32 will pick this one up - we'll see though.  47 is most likely the channel if you get it.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I had Brighthouse for 2 years and in that time, they never could get the signal strong enough so that my High-Def channels didn't come in pixellated.  Of course, they also never refunded any of my money for charging me for unviewable channels.

• Content Count:  3,827

From Brett's blog...

In other USF news: The USF-Elon contest likely will be televised on Catch 47.

With ABC-TV televising Tennessee at California that night, Catch 47 is the most likely option to televise the 7 p.m. contest. 

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/grothe-bulls-get-scare-catch-usf-elon-on-47/

If I remember correctly, didn't ABC 28 move the Notre Dame-Georgia Tech Saturday night game to another station (it may have been WMOR TV 32) and air the McNeese-USF game via ESPN+ on ABC28?

I dont see ANY reason that Bulls fans cant force the same change this year. We're a better team, there's more hype, and more fans on the bandwagon.

Where's ET with the email address to, dare I say it, stampede?

• Content Count:  5,691

FIOS?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

much like any company....there will be mixed opinions.

i have friends who have fios and they say some of the same complaints you just mentioned.

i have never had a problem with bright house on-demand or the road runner service and ive been a subscriber for over 5 years now.

i just hope that this is a sign that catch 47 is gonna step up their coverage.

hands down, best thing about bright house is baynews 9.  the sports connection every night at 11pm has some of the best tampa bay area sports coverage anywhere.  again, i just wish it was more bulls then bucs but we all know that wont haappen

I have to agree. I've had a few issues service-wise with BH but they were all taken care of great (except one service request from hell). BayNews 9 and Catch 47, plus Earthlink, are reasons that I've not swirched to FIOS ... which is Verizon's cable company name down here, ChiTown)

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Hopefully, all of you in Tampa want this so you can DVR it to watch after you get back from the game.  ;)

• Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

I dont see ANY reason that Bulls fans cant force the same change this year. We're a better team, there's more hype, and more fans on the bandwagon.

Where's ET with the email address to, dare I say it, stampede?

I was going to say that there's no way they'd move such a good matchup, but then again, the Notre Dame-GT game was probably just as good of a matchup at the beginning of the year last year.  So I guess it wouldn't be out of the question.

• Content Count:  2,277

how can ANY bulls fan get FIOS?

as much as i complain about catch 47, they do air atleast 10-15 USF related games a year.

Because BrightHouse sucks!  Their TV service sucks, their video on demand never works, their HD channels look like crap, roadrunner is a joke, and their customer service... well that was the real reason I switched.

Right on!  I am a VERY happy FIOS subscriber.  Everyone I know who has FIOS loves it.  You get twice as many HD channels for less money.  FIOS internet blows BH's away.  I bet in the next 5-10 years all cable based companies will out of business.  They won't be able to support the bandwidth that the fiber can handle.  With the increasing demand year after year of more bandwidth, larger file sizes, streaming HD over the internet, HD content on demand, etc etc etc. they're going to be pushed out of the market.

Yes it does suck to not get the local BH channels, but I would much rather take more HD channels at a cheaper price any day!  I do remember a game last year (don't remember which one) that was on EPSNU and we had it on FIOS and BH didn't have it.  So you win some you lose some.

Archived