Breaking news: Hardrick to USF

BullyPulpit

Lets think about this Josh.  You say he was not purposly kicked off the FSU team, what does that mean, according to both USF beat writers from both Tampa papers he was kicked off. 

There was an implication earlier that he wanted to leave FSU so he violated their rules on purpose...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

it could be worse... he could have been running a dog-fighting ring  ;)

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Lets think about this Josh.  You say he was not purposly kicked off the FSU team, what does that mean, according to both USF beat writers from both Tampa papers he was kicked off. 

Let's think about this ToeJam.  You say he was not offered a scholarship by O'Leary, what does that mean, according to both USF beat writers from both Tampa papers O'Leary offered him a scholarship.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

LOL... yeah, the Tampa beat writers are only correct when it's convenient for UCFers.

Clowns.

This will be in the Dungeon by EOB today.  =)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

UCF is not exactly hurting in the OL position. 

Right, the #5 OT the year he came out wouldn't have a chance supplanting one of these "animals" ....

P1060090.JPG

::)

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Trivia question... which of the players in this photo did not star as a munchin in the remake of Wizard of Oz?

P1060090.JPG

• Content Count:  61

Josh, I am not saying I don't believe you think you are right, I just have a hard time believing that this is the FIRST kid that GOL has offered a scholarship to with any kind of arrest or troubled past.  GOL, while at UCF, has passed on everyone with that kind of history so far, so why try it with a kid that actually got kicked off of FSU, something that is pretty impressive when you think about those that have managed not to get kicked off of FSU.  UCF is not exactly hurting in the OL position.  If the kid was the #4 LB in the country, I could believe it, but OL, not buying it.

I'm referring to an interview where his mom said he basically broke rules inorder to get released.  I'm saying that is NOT true.  I know what happen.  He did not do it inorder to be released.  He was actually very upset that he was leaving FSU. 

I do know for a fact that UCF offered him in person on his visit.  USF did the same a few days later.  Right now he still has to get through admissions, sit out a year (not get in more trouble) and then he can compete for a spot.

I do not think he is even close to one of the biggest signings in USF or UCF history as it was written in one article.  To me he's about a C+ prospect right now.  At one point he was about an A-, so to say its a big get for either school is premature at this point.

I think O'Leary is building his program the right way, dont think that he doesnt offer kids that have a few minor issues.  He does, as does every coach in the nation, its about winning not.  Get over it.

Josh Newberg

• Content Count:  849

Trivia question... which of the players in this photo did not star as a munchin in the remake of Wizard of Oz?

P1060090.JPG

#73 looks  like a dufus

• Content Count:  763

On a side note with that pic, a bunch of them with the exception to 73,72, and tubby hidden behind 76. The rest look like scrawny ******* that are going to get their schit owned by our DL.

edited, no need for name calling on this board.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,808
  • Days Won:  213

There was an implication earlier that he wanted to leave FSU so he violated their rules on purpose...

not sure if it was just me but that is something I read into her comments. WHether it was true is doubtful. FSU has their fair share of great recruits so whenever they "lose" or "toss aside" someone of note-- it gets me thinking that either they were cast off on purpose or actually did something wrong that required the action. I still have my doubts about wht really happened with that former starting QB AD McPherson with the check stealing scandal etc.

Bottom line is I wouldn't hold it against any school trying to get Hardrick into their program. He may have some issues attached to him, but most coaches have to believe they can work with him and get those issues resolved. ANd in the end, it will god for the kid and the program if they succeed. Whether UCF or USF or some other school-- I just hope Hardrick comes out of this in the positive.

Archived