Which game do you see as a "trap" game?

Guest Sprtsfn627

Which game do you see as a "trap" game?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Sprtsfn627

Who scares you the most?

I'll probably get laughed at for this one...but FAU scares me the more time goes by.  Checking philsteele.com, he notes that FAU has the second most lettermen returning in the nation.  They looked halfway decent on defense last year, and if they could correct some of the issues with their offense, will be a tough opponent.  Furthermore, it is right after the West Virginia game, and if we come away from that game with a win, might overlook someone like FAU.

I don't think we can afford to overlook anyone if we want to make a big time bowl, so I hope the team is ready for every game! GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  214
  • Days Won:  0

To be honest, I don't think their is a true trap game on the schedule this season...but if you were to press me for one, I'd say its actually the UCF game here. I know, I know..its UCF, its at RayJay, and we own them. BUT, its just 5 days before a rather important road game @ Rutgers, especially if we've defeated WV. You know USF will have to at least begin Rutgers prep during the UCF week and if the players were to get caught looking ahead to the conference showdown in Jersey, then that UCF quickly becomes the trap.

• Content Count:  1,532

Pitt... we are really bad in cold or rain.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

I don't think we're going to overlook L'Ville, WVU, Rutgers, or Auburn. Elon, FAU, UNC, and Syracuse don't worry me at all.

That leaves UCF, UConn, Cincy, and Pitt. UCF - we play them when we're in the groove already, so I don't think it will be as close as last year. But, given the emotions and the fact that we're 2-0 on them and look down on them (potentially overlooking them), UCF is a possible trap. Pitt is our last game, and the weather could become a problem, so I can understand why folks might be worried about that one. But something tells me we're not going to lose our last game in the schedule. Frankly, UConn and Cincy worry me, because they've got more to prove than we do right now, and they've both upset us once in the past two years. UConn's got some good things going on, but I tend to think we'll handle them alright, it's Cincy I'm worried about most. They legitimately beat us last year and made us look pretty bad. I hope we turn out to play them 100%. They've got some huge front lines and their record last year was skewed due to the fact that they played so many top-caliber teams. I think if they had played our schedule, they would have done almost as well, with the exception of our win over WVU.

My vote - Cincinnati.

• Content Count:  4,642

I dont think UNC is a trap so much, because we'll have rest before the game.  If we're going to face tough schedules, we need to blow out the opponents in the first three quarters and then have our second team and third team come in and mop up.  This will prevent more injuries, but more importantly, it will have our first team require less rest for the upcoming week.

I think we need to do this especially at UCF so we're as fresh as possible for the Rutgers game.  At least to make it fair, Rutgers is playing @ Syracuse the day we play UCF.

Either way, I'm sure CJL will have us ready.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I chose Pitt as our ?? game.

I wouldn't so much call it a "trap" game as I would a hard game.  The weather issue is my main concern.  However, I really don't see any game as a trap game.  If USF doesn't bring it's A game to each game then there is no question we could lose.  You gotta trust in the coaching staff to motivate the players.

• Content Count:  7,890

YOU FORGOT NONE

• Content Count:  12,293

this thread just reminded me how much i hate the phrase "trap game"

it has become a real popular excuse recently.

• Content Count:  2,363

The game against the UcEffers has about as much potential to trap us as Wile E. Coyote has of trapping the roadrunner.

Archived