Road trip from hell... Can anyone top this Auburn trip?

The Sheriff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  19

Flying into Charlotte Friday night to pick up Matt Gunz... Driving from Charlotte to Auburn, AL, all night so we can tailgate all day. Going to the 8 PM CST game to sober up and watch a Bulls win (please people share your tailgating food as I need to overcome the beer in my blood... game will be over by midnight which is really 1 AM EST. Driving back from Auburn to Charlotte so we can both catch Sunday morning flights (I have a 7 AM to Phoenix, Matt has a 10 AM to Washington DC for family events). Crazy... the question is... can I make my 7 AM flight... and I feel for the person sitting next to me on the return flight... I will have the smell of victory all over my clothes from two days of not showering.

• Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

NO!

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

$hit that is one hell of a trip Sheriff I will have a cold one waiting for you at the finish line. We should change the name of the Auburn game to "Sheriff's great american race"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,808
  • Days Won:  213

I can come close

Flew up to Raliegh to go to the ECU/USF game. Drove all the way to the coast with a buddy who bolted up to Maryland after the game. After the game-- spent the night driving and stopping to rest (I was on my own) to get over to Charlotte to see the Bucs play the Panthers. After that game, drove back to Raliegh to get my flight out that morning. I was exhausted and "cleaning up" in McDonalds bathrooms wasn't all that effective. Never again.

• Content Count:  1,812

My worst has been a home game:

Last year I flew out of Hawaii at 11:58pm Island time on Thursday night redeye to AZ then took a flight to Tampa got in at 5:45pm est changed in airport and drove to stadium for Rutgers game. After the game played parking lot football until 2:30am drove home and got up Saturday for a family function in the morning and then went to work in the afternoon.

I feel for you and hope you bring a victory back with you.

• Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  19

That's all I really want... the W... if my plane crashes, as long as we establish ourselves by beating Auburn, it will be worth every second of the agonzing plunge to the earth.

How do I know my life really revolves around USF football... we're 13 days away from the opening game and I basically told the hottest girl that I've hooked up with in quite some time that football is more important and she happened to have met me at the wrong time. What's weird and even more stupid... now she keeps calling... get a clue... my Saturday's are spent paying homage to the Green and Gold... if you can't handle it, go date an ASU grad. Bulliever... you would be proud of me with this girl... 23-year old banker with a slamming body... if anyone has seen Roselyn Sanchez, you will know what I'm talking about... that is the closest girl that people compare her to.

I tend to think I look somewhere between Tom Brady and Brady Quinn (after a couple of drinks).  ;D

• Content Count:  5,241

Those are some amazing stories.

My friend is a nurse and worked nights, so when the ucf/usf game came last year, she came with me and 5 other friends crammed in a xterra. Being up for 36 hours, she told several ucf girls they looked fat or pregnant and managed to sleep during the 110 degree halftime.  She was awake for the whole game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,289
  • Days Won:  29

Mine is just long ...

For our first Bowl Game in Charlotte. Left Rio de Janeiro about 10 PM. Arrived in Miami about 5-6 the next morning. Flew to Orlando and arrived about 9 AM. Had 2 suitcases, one empty as I was moving down tehre and brought back an empty to load up more to bring down. The empty suitcase is the one that arrived. Had to wait for 2 flights to get my 2nd suitcase. As I waited for each flight, went to Target to get something to change and take a parking lot shower. Went to "Awful House" for breakfast and got a comp meal ticket from the airline, which was used on beer. Finally left Orlando at about 2 PM and got to my mother's in Lakeland for a real shower and get ready for the drive to Tampa for my flight to the game.

Arrived in TIA and spoke with AmiBull and her husband before our flight to ATL. Got to ATL late evening for the flight to Charlotte. Got there and took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Checked in and then headed downtown to party with BULL Brothers. Meet up with The Sheriff and joined the party. Then we get lost trying to drive a few blocks to my hotel in downtown. Ate a early meal at McD's drive thru and finally got back to my hotel later that morning.

Got up for breakfast at team hotel and was ready for the 11 AM KickOff

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow...and I thought I had it bad...

• Content Count:  32

That's all I really want... the W... if my plane crashes, as long as we establish ourselves by beating Auburn, it will be worth every second of the agonzing plunge to the earth.

One of the more unique and entertaining parts of reading this board all these years has been the many adventures of Sherriff. I think you can honestly say no one alumni has been more devoted to usf athletics.

That being said, my sentiments mirror his exactly. I though it was just me that is waiting for this Auburn game like it is the last frickin' football game ever. If our guys win, they will do nothing less than legitimatize the Bulls as a big time program, possibly forever. This has become not just a football game, it's d-day, and our men are storming the beach of the top 25. I bet neither side envisioned this when they first made the contract.

Archived